Author Topic: Russillo: Celtics Will "Aggressively" Try To Trade Into Top 10 Of Draft  (Read 14221 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
for who?  :o

For the next Kelly Olynyk

ugh..great .....now Ill have nightmares

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ainge does every year...no big story here

It's all we have....

worth a TP  :D

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If we could get Carter with Rozier, our 1st, and the Kings pick, I would do it.

I think the most likely outcome for the Sacto pick is 7-12 next year.

Why not get a comparable pick this year at a position of need? His floor seems pretty high - already has an NBA-ready body and some perimeter game, high BBIQ, willing defender. He might plug in for 10-15 minutes right away and be ready to replace Al in 2 years when (if we are lucky) Jaylen will have earned a fat contract.

Whoa, I’m a huge Wendell Carter fan, but the Kings pick is a bridge too far.  I think the Memphis pick is also too much.  The highest I’d go is Rozier, #27, and next year’s 1st with top-4 protection.
Not a chance the Sacramento pick isn't in play. It's the first of a few assets heading out if DA trades that far up.

Shouldn’t be with Rozier and this year’s pick already included, at least not for anything outside the top 5, which is where Carter projects to.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Why not get a comparable pick this year at a position of need? His floor seems pretty high - already has an NBA-ready body and some perimeter game, high BBIQ, willing defender. He might plug in for 10-15 minutes right away and be ready to replace Al in 2 years when (if we are lucky) Jaylen will have earned a fat contract.

Whoa, I’m a huge Wendell Carter fan, but the Kings pick is a bridge too far.  I think the Memphis pick is also too much.  The highest I’d go is Rozier, #27, and next year’s 1st with top-4 protection.
Not a chance the Sacramento pick isn't in play. It's the first of a few assets heading out if DA trades that far up.

Shouldn’t be with Rozier and this year’s pick already included, at least not for anything outside the top 5, which is where Carter projects to.

Are we allowed to add some more protections to the Kings Pick, like we give them that pick and make it protected 2-5 for US? Otherwise, I don't see a team like Orlando doing it unless the Kings Pick is included to be honest, or at least one of the Kings/Grizzlies Picks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Are we allowed to add some more protections to the Kings Pick, like we give them that pick and make it protected 2-5 for US? Otherwise, I don't see a team like Orlando doing it unless the Kings Pick is included to be honest, or at least one of the Kings/Grizzlies Picks.

Nope, as already answered earlier today in the Luka Doncic thread.   :)

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Same bull every year. Danny will low-ball people for draft picks, act surprised that no one wanted to trade, and nothing.

After which, he will tell us how close he was to a huge trade that nobody had speculated about, but it fell apart at the last minute.

Mike

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Ah okay, thanks. And I never checked that thread today so didn't know

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

The Sac pick is going if DA trades up in the 6-8 range. Otherwise, the other team will not do a deal. It wouldn't be worth it. If DA's player(s) slides that far then he'll deal the Sac pick + 27 and a player (not Rozier). If you know Danny you know he will for a player he really likes.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

I think people are overvaluing the Sacramento pick. If they hadn’t won the lottery this year, they would’ve picked what, 7th? While they might win the lottery again or decline, I don’t know why we would expect that. They’re adding the second pick, and they have no incentive to tank. If they win even a few more games they could be 10th or 12th.

To me, Getting the seventh pick this year as a sure thing, and getting a guy we need, is pretty good value compared to the uncertainty of the Sacramento pic. The other thing that will make this pic hard to use, which I don’t think people are fully taking into account is the downside risk of Sacramento actually wins the lottery. A general manager who turns this year’s seven pick  into next years 25th or 26th is going to have some explaining to do. I am not sure what kind of protection we can offer – probably it would need to be an additional pick.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:10:32 PM by Sophomore »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It makes sense. The Celtics need a big, this draft has a ton of bigs and next years draft doesn't and is reportedly not looking very good. If they can trade Rozier, #27 and one of the Clipper/Memphis picks for a big in the top ten, I would do that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
 I do not see us wasting assets to move up unless its a PF/C.   

Right? 
Diggles

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I do not see us wasting assets to move up unless its a PF/C.   

Right?

I mean, that's literally the point. If they aren't high on next year's Draft (which it doesn't seem they are) and someone like Carter (PF/C) is available in the 6-10 range, they will probably at least try to make a trade and an offer. Otherwise, they'll probably just keep #27 and pick there OR a small trade up/down.

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

I think people are overvaluing the Sacramento pick. If they hadn’t won the lottery this year, they would’ve picked what, 7th? While they might win the lottery again or decline, I don’t know we would expect that. They’re adding the second pick, and they have no incentive to tank. If they win even a few more games they could be 10th or 12th.

To me, Getting the seventh pick this year as a sure thing, and getting a guy we need, is pretty good value compared to the uncertainty of the Sacramento pic. The other thing that will make this pic hard to use, which I don’t think people are fully taking into account is the downside risk of Sacramento actually wins the lottery. A general manager who turns this year’s seven pick  into next years 25th or 26th is going to have some explaining to do. I am not sure what kind of protection we can offer – probably it would need to be an additional pick.

More than usual this past season there seems like there was a big cluster of bad teams at the bottom of the league.  The Kings only finished 6 games behind the worst team in the league, the Suns.  I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those teams like the Suns (with a healthy Booker), the Grizzlies (a healthy Conley), the Mavs, and Bulls leapfrog them.  The Kings aren’t really much different than the Hawks and Magic so anything can happen.  Also some of the vets that helped like Zach Randolph might move on to better teams.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lol @ this report:

Among the other teams that have looked into trading up are the Sixers, Cavs, Bulls and Celtics, who might have to give up top rookie Jayson Tatum for a top-five pick, which is a non-starter for Boston. 

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-draft-trade-rumors-2018-order-predictions-projections-clippers-raptors-warriors-second-round-picks/bfhgp786zacv113q18fxfbdb6?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think people are overvaluing the Sacramento pick. If they hadn’t won the lottery this year, they would’ve picked what, 7th? While they might win the lottery again or decline, I don’t know we would expect that. They’re adding the second pick, and they have no incentive to tank. If they win even a few more games they could be 10th or 12th.

More than usual this past season there seems like there was a big cluster of bad teams at the bottom of the league.  The Kings only finished 6 games behind the worst team in the league, the Suns.  I wouldn’t be surprised if some of those teams like the Suns (with a healthy Booker), the Grizzlies (a healthy Conley), the Mavs, and Bulls leapfrog them.  The Kings aren’t really much different than the Hawks and Magic so anything can happen.  Also some of the vets that helped like Zach Randolph might move on to better teams.

The other thing people forget is that this years team was lycky. By next rating they were bottom 3, they won close,games at a huge rate relative to talent. Not a trend that likely to continue next year. If they more or less stand pat that will regress and they will be bad. As for their puck, im not worried. No  rookie this year is adding a big boost to winning.