Author Topic: Bagley only top prospect sharing with Kings - now a near lock at 2  (Read 4141 times)

Re: Bagley only top prospect sharing with Kings - now a near lock at 2
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 11:15:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So is SAC going Bagley over Doncic better or worse for the prospects of SAC '19 pick?

Better, although I’m disappointed it looks like they won’t be going for Michael Porter Jr.  That would have been the best.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if Bagley might provide more of an immediate impact right away in his rookie year than Doncic although I'm firmly in your corner about Doncic being a stud down the line and being the better pro of the two.
Bagley should help our pick more than Doncic.  Doncic will likely be a real contributor next year for whoever drafts him whereas I suspect Bagley will need a year or 2 under his belt in the league before blossoming into his potential.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 11:28:28 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
So is SAC going Bagley over Doncic better or worse for the prospects of SAC '19 pick?

Doncic has been playing better than Bagley in an actual professional league. The two leagues he's playing in are #2 and #3 leagues in the world. Basically most of the teams he's playing against would win the NCAA tournament fairly easily.

While it's never a sure thing, this seems like something that would have fantastic odds.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 02:11:38 PM »

Offline Real World

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
This may catapult Doncic's career.  Seriously.
is Atlanta really any better than Sacramento

I'll copy this from a previous post and will continue to as long as people have the nerve to ask this question:

Quote from: "Erik
Does anyone know the last time the Kings had a winning record? 05-06.

Here are the picks from then til now:
06: 19th Quincy Douby
07: 10th Spencer Hawes
08: 12th Jason Thompson
09: 4th Tyreke Evans
10: 5th Demarcus Cousins
11: 7th Bismack Bioyombo
12: 5th: Thomas Robinson
13: 7th: Ben McLemore
14: 8th: Nik Stauskas
15: 6th: Willie Cauley Stein
16: 13th Georgios Papagiannis
17: 5th: De'Aaron Fox

In 12 years, the only pick that they made that has any actual talent is DeMarcus Cousins. Count your lucky stars that you get the 2nd pick, take Doncic and pray that he doesn't leave you in 4 years.

Added for Moranis: the Hawks have had 8 winning record seasons in that time span. Since becoming the Sacramento Kings in 1985, they've had a total of 8 winning seasons. That's over the course of 33 years.

That is one horrendous run of picks.  Even Cousins, who on talent alone was hit, was arguably a bad pick in the end cuz he wasn't worth the trouble. 

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
This may catapult Doncic's career.  Seriously.
is Atlanta really any better than Sacramento

I'll say.  Hasn't been that long since they were relevant. And at least some success with development - Schroder, Prince, Collins.
I'm not sure the Hawks success with Horford, Millsap, Teague, etc. has to do with now. Remember this is an organization that choose Dwight over Horford, choose Bazemore essentially over Millsap, moved on from Teague for the #12 pick in the draft, etc.  Bogdanivic, Hield, Fox, and Labissierre all have shown nice promise and potential.  Dave Joerger is an established resoected coach. The Hawks have a totally untested 1st time coach in Lloyd Pierce.  Given all that I don't know why anyone would claim the Hawks are definitely a better spot than the Kings. It might be, but it is far from a given
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Bagley will put up a lot of stats for the Kings his rookie year.  He could be close to 20/10.  But that's mainly because everyone else on the Kings suck so they will feed him the ball a lot.

The Kings have been blacklisted by Doncic, Bamba, and JJJ
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 01:09:43 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Top prospects, including Jaren Jackson Jr. and Luka Doncic, flat out refused to submit medical records to the Sacramento Kings, who pick second in the draft. That means if the Kings really want Bamba, Jackson, or Doncic, they have to take them with blind faith in their health.

It kind of puts Sacramento in a tough spot — if Ayton indeed goes No. 1, the Kings wouldn’t have medical records for any of the three best-remaining prospects. But this is how the new generation of players are wielding their power over their future. Once a player completes his rookie contract, the team that drafted him has the power to match all competing offers during restricted free agency. That means if they match a four-year offer, a rookie can be looking at eight years in the same city.https://www.sbnation.com/2018/6/19/17480952/mo-bamba-doesnt-want-to-play-for-grizzlies-nba-draft-2018-history

Re: The Kings have been blacklisted by Doncic, Bamba, and JJJ
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 01:13:09 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Atta boy, Luka.  I hereby (unofficially) select Doncic with the 2nd pick in the h2h league draft. 

Glad to see multiple players taking this path with SAC at #2.  There's no excuse for that franchise's ineptitude and I feel bad for any one who has to succumb to it. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 01:13:53 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Atta boy, Luka.  I hereby (unofficially) select Doncic with the 2nd pick in the h2h league draft. 

Glad to see multiple players take this path with SAC at #2.  There's no excuse for that franchise's ineptitude and I feel bad for any one who has to succumb to it.
that 2019 pick feels like solid 24 carat gold at the moment

No one wants to play for that dumpster fire team

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 01:18:28 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Glad to see multiple players take this path with SAC at #2.  There's no excuse for that franchise's ineptitude and I feel bad for any one who has to succumb to it.

That too :)  And while Bagley is a fine prospect, he appears to need a good bit more experience, seasoning, and time in the weight room.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 01:20:24 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Ineptitude franchise is one thing, but young kids trying to call the shots is another.

I hope the Kings draft one of them. And continue to suck enough for our pick's benefit.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 01:20:27 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

That too :)  And while Bagley is a fine prospect, he appears to need a good bit more experience, seasoning, and time in the weight room.
its crazy but these 18 year olds would rather take a pay cut of hundreds of thousands of dollars and get selected later just to NOT play in sacramento. It makes sense but I don’t expect it from kids. Lol

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 01:22:37 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I was out tonight in downtown Sac and saw Vlade and a bunch of other dudes out for dinner. Bobby Jackson was there...I don’t think he’s officially involved with the organization.

They didn’t seem to be doing anything other than enjoying themselves for about the hour I was there. I kept thinking “l would bet dollars to donuts Danny Ainge is on his phone with every GM in the league over the next 24 hours, or reviewing scouting reports, or whatever, not chilling at some dinner place.”

Who knows, maybe I’m wrong and the Kings have done all their homework and they will strike gold tomorrow. But I wouldn’t bet money on it.

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2018, 01:24:05 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I was out tonight in downtown Sac and saw Vlade and a bunch of other dudes out for dinner. Bobby Jackson was there...I don’t think he’s officially involved with the organization.

They didn’t seem to be doing anything other than enjoying themselves for about the hour I was there. I kept thinking “l would bet dollars to donuts Danny Ainge is on his phone with every GM in the league over the next 24 hours, or reviewing scouting reports, or whatever, not chilling at some dinner place.”

Who knows, maybe I’m wrong and the Kings have done all their homework and they will strike gold tomorrow. But I wouldn’t bet money on it.
yeah im almost certain I remember Ainge saying he doesn’t sleep the night before the draft or he gets little sleep because of all the work involved

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2018, 01:44:12 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
We should ask them to pick Doncic, then trade him to us for their 2019 pick back. Then we flip Doncic and filler to San Antonio for Kahwi as soon as Doncic's salary is trade able
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2018, 01:54:09 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ineptitude franchise is one thing, but young kids trying to call the shots is another.

I hope the Kings draft one of them. And continue to suck enough for our pick's benefit.

Yeah, I always hate it when players try to pull this crap - TP :).