Should the C’s target Dwight in FA?

Yes
29 (42%)
No
33 (47.8%)
Unsure
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Dwight Howard Signed by Wizards (updated Dwightmare thread)  (Read 23843 times)

Re: Dwightmare traded to Nets/Now FA. Should Cs target?
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
16 and 12 last season..not bad at all with a bad Hornets team

And Boston needs a legit big to play Embiid. Imagine Al, Howard, Baynes, Theis all guarding Embiid. It would give him fits.

Baynes likely gone if Howard is here. Ship out Monroe too while you're at it, Ainge. The guy sucks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2018, 05:11:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

That is why it is hard to blame Kemba. He was by far Charlotte’s best clutch player averaging 3.4 points in clutch time. The next highest was Dwight Howard with 1.6 (he made some big free throws this year, believe it or not). Walker also led the Hornets in clutch time assists with 0.5 assists in clutch situations. Kemba did only shoot 37 percent in clutch time and 81 percent from the line, but it’s hard when no one else is doing anything. There were times where Kemba could have taken a better shot or made an extra pass, and he did lead the Hornets in clutch time turnovers, but he was just a part of the problem.

On the positive side, Charlotte was third in clutch defense, which speaks to how bad there clutch offense was to lose that many close games. Five Hornet players posted positive plus/minus’ in clutch time. Dwayne Bacon, Jeremy Lamb, Treveon Graham, Dwight Howard and Kemba Walker. They are all at least solid defenders, willing passers in clutch situations and beside Dwight low turnover players. Hopefully, next season Graham, Lamb, and Bacon are on the team and get to play some minutes that matter; they are capable.

I mean it in the nicest way, it is amazing, and astounding that they managed to win 36 games.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2018, 05:14:30 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nope, he is a dinosaur in the modern NBA...

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2018, 05:15:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
“I want to be in a situation where I have an opportunity to help a team win,” Howard told ESPN’s Chris Haynes. “That’s my only goal. All I need is a real chance and a clean slate where it’s not people talking about my past.”

Howard also told ESPN that he feels that he’s coming off a season during which he played some of the best basketball of his career.

“This year was an opportunity for me to show what type of player I am and where I can go,” he said. “This season I made the most jumps shots that I’ve made my whole career. I’ve improved my pick-and-pops. My [isolation] numbers are very high. I’m in a position where I can still dominate on the post, but I can do more things now because I understand the game on a different level. Furthermore, I still want to continue developing and growing as a player.”

“I felt like this year was a resurgence for me and the biggest reason is because I’m healthy,” he told ESPN. “I didn’t have any problems this whole year. My whole goal is to come back next season, improve and try to win a championship for my team.”

He's saying all the right things, so I'm hoping he has shaped up his attitude.

If he's willing to sign with the Celtics, it's a no-brainer. Someone like him can give small ball teams fits on defense.

I'll give him a shot for the cheap. But the moment he opens his mouth in the locker room clowning around, he gone. He ain't the Orlando Dwight Howard anymore, nor the Los Angeles Dwight Howard. I expect him to have a Kawhi-like attitude and just go out and play, go back in the shower room to shower, support/congratulating teammates and leave the building for the night or practice. Repeat, recycle.

Maybe you could have picked a different player as an example?

Talking about Kawhi's relevant Spurs days before he became a prima donna this summer. IDK, maybe a Derrick Rose typa character. He seems quiet, too.

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2018, 05:16:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC

And Boston needs a legit big to play Embiid. Imagine Al, Howard, Baynes, Theis all guarding Embiid. It would give him fits.

Baynes likely gone if Howard is here. Ship out Monroe too while you're at it, Ainge. The guy sucks.

Wonder how much it would take to get Howard money wise

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2018, 05:19:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Nope, he is a dinosaur in the modern NBA...

For anything less than the MLE, I'll take it.

This is what Bazemore had to say about him.

Atlanta Hawks guard Kent Bazemore played with Howard during the 2016-17 season.

"[Dwight's] gotten so much of a bad rap, but he's a great teammate," Bazemore told ESPN. "For such a long season, his energy and his laughing helps you get through. And if you're going through a tough stretch personally, it's good to have that type of person around. Before he signed in Atlanta, there was all this bad stuff said about him. ... I found that he has a good heart and he works hard every day to turn that perception around."
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2018, 05:48:38 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
He's going to the Warriors.

They need an answer to Clint Capela, they'll try to see if they can fit him in.

Oh god :o. I'm not so sure that Howard's lack of passing would work with the Warriors, but, man, if Golden State signed him, that would be the ultimate troll move in terms of sticking it to the Rockets, lol ;D.

Plus, a motivated Dwight going up against one of his former teams? :o Ugh.

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Non-guaranteed minimum.

If he means what he says, he'd take it with thanks.

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »

Offline Hank Finkel

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Is he better than Baynes?  And can we get him for cheap?  Two big questions.  I think he is better than Baynes and we can get him for cheap.  I would have faith in BS to fit him in to the system and help us win.  Just my two cents. 

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2018, 06:16:02 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Keep baynes, forget Howard

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2018, 09:32:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
If he's willing to sign for veteran minimum, then why not? If it doesn't work out and/or his presence in the locker room is really cancerous, then just dump him early on. Otherwise, if he's even a bit engaged and acts mature, could be a big get for us. Guy averaged 17 and 13 last year and even in limited minutes could probably average something like 12/10.

If we lose Baynes, we should look at this option, or we could re-sign Baynes AND bring in Howard. Our front court AND back court will look like elite units  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2018, 09:44:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is what Bazemore had to say about him.

Too bad it doesn't translate into winning, eh?

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I'm pretty sure Smart would either get in a fight with him or get him to quit within a week. I'd like to keep him and his attitude as far away from Jaylen and Jayson as possible
I'm bitter.

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2018, 10:16:48 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I would like Howard replacing Monroe, and keeping Baynes.  We would be stacked with bigs with the maybe most important thing keeping Horford fresh for the playoffs.

« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2018, 10:38:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
Looks like by drafting Robert Williams, we are no longer interested in Dwight Howard?