Author Topic: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)  (Read 3160 times)

ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)
« on: June 19, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/underestimated23835835/2018-nba-draft-trades-best-deals-see

One included is Porzingis and Noah for Kyrie and the 27th.

Not only is Kyrie the best player in that trade, but the Celtics are taking back a terrible contract, the Celtics have to give up their 1st rounder, and they are getting back a player with bigger health concerns (Porzingis).

The ongoing campaign to lower Kyrie's value around the NBA by media outlets is real.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:55:54 PM by Donoghus »

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Hey the guy who thought that Noah would put us over the top might get his wish. ???

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 12:07:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/underestimated23835835/2018-nba-draft-trades-best-deals-see

One included is Porzingis and Noah for Kyrie and the 27th.

Not only is Kyrie the best player in that trade, but the Celtics are taking back a terrible contract, the Celtics have to give up their 1st rounder, and they are getting back a player with bigger health concerns (Porzingis).

The ongoing campaign to lower Kyrie's value around the NBA by media outlets is real.

Yeah not really surprised to be honest. The Knicks have absolutely nothing going for them. And they couldn't even net a top 5 pick with how horribly awful their team became, even when KP was alive and running.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

ESPN - 6 draft trades they'd like to see (Kyrie is 1)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 12:48:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Six best NBA draft trades we'd like to see https://es.pn/2I5ba0m
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

The Kyrie trade is Kyrie and 27 for Porzingis and Noah.  Seems like a very strange trade for both teams but the thought of the Zinger next to Brown and Tatum for the next decade is appealing.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: ESPN - 6 draft trades they'd like to see (Kyrie is 1)
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Yeah, this article is def a reach. I don't see why BOS is worried about Kyrie resigning. They just built a top 4 team with him as the leader. They are much closer to winning than the NYK.

Kyrie is way better than Rozier. He's an established star. Porzingis could be a star. He also might not be.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Can someone please explain to me why there are so many trade Kyrie Irving ideas? Moranis, this has nothing to do with you, as I understand your just posting a link to an ESPN article. However, the Celtics finally landed an elite player n his prime, and all I see are trade rumors surrounding Kyrie. Why, just because he won't give a definitive answer to his free agency question? Personally, I just think he's having fun with the media and fans, along the lines of his flat Earth trolling. As long as Kyrie, Danny and ownership have a clear understanding of what is going on concerning his free agency, then I could care less.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 01:28:22 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Trading Kyrie seems to come up in a number of threads.  I think Boston only trades Kyrie is you have some question about resigning and/or some concern with his knee.  At this point, I don't think any are known issues so I don't think he is going to be traded.

If you were going to trade Kyrie, Porzingis is an interesting target although less so now that I understand that he is out at least through Jan 2019 and maybe longer.

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Can someone please explain to me why there are so many trade Kyrie Irving ideas? Moranis, this has nothing to do with you, as I understand your just posting a link to an ESPN article. However, the Celtics finally landed an elite player n his prime, and all I see are trade rumors surrounding Kyrie. Why, just because he won't give a definitive answer to his free agency question? Personally, I just think he's having fun with the media and fans, along the lines of his flat Earth trolling. As long as Kyrie, Danny and ownership have a clear understanding of what is going on concerning his free agency, then I could care less.
You just answered your own question. Plus, people start panicking when they hear or don't hear a definitive answer. Also, DA is known to trade anyone so if he spoke with Kyrie and his reps and they didn't give him a definitive answer either so he may be open to trading him. I HIGHLY doubt it tho. Kyrie fits like a glove on this team and BSPN is FAKE NEWS unless it's from Schefter or Woj. Keep it in your pants people. It's going to be a fun 2018/2019 season.

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
No thanks. 

Don't see why such the rush by some writers & posters to blow this up a bit.  We still haven't seen what Irving/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford & company is capable of.  People thought this past season was fun?  Wait until '18-19 when that core is healthy.

Too many people freaking out on the Irving extension thing.  It would be a terrible business decision on his part to extend right now.  That's why he's not extended yet.  Financially, it'd be dumb.  Probably playing a big role is this rush to trade him out the door.  .

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 01:44:39 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Can someone please explain to me why there are so many trade Kyrie Irving ideas?

Because it's fun. No one (except Cs fans) gets excited about Terry Rozier trade suggestions. You need a superstar to get a reader's attention, and Kyrie's a good choice because it's "easy" to see the Cs trading him, since no one knows for sure where he'll be in two years.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 01:45:59 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
No way Danny takes back Noah's contract.  Kills our flexibility in the 2nd year.

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:50 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Only dumpster organizations are completely blindsided by players leaving in free agency. There are signs, and they're usually a mile long. If your star leaves in free agency, you weren't paying attention, or you knew it but decided to roll the dice.

Can anyone here explain to me why they think that Kyrie is going to leave?
- The team is amazing, but he's still the guy
- He'll get a larger contract
- He has a great coach and FO
- There are no prima donnas on the roster

Someone please show me 1 concrete piece of evidence that points to him not staying next year.

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Only dumpster organizations are completely blindsided by players leaving in free agency. There are signs, and they're usually a mile long. If your star leaves in free agency, you weren't paying attention, or you knew it but decided to roll the dice.

Can anyone here explain to me why they think that Kyrie is going to leave?
- The team is amazing, but he's still the guy
- He'll get a larger contract
- He has a great coach and FO
- There are no prima donnas on the roster

Someone please show me 1 concrete piece of evidence that points to him not staying next year.
There's nothing concrete, but he's been flimsy when asked, not showing any real commitment to the team.  Not showing up for G7 was a bad look, in spite of the explanation.  He's already forced a trade once because he didn't want to play with LBJ which is, in itself, strange.  He's in love with this player empowerment, being able to control your destination, as he said on the recent podcast.

Like I said, nothing concrete, but he doesn't come across as a person who values loyalty, longevity, Celtics tradition, or his legacy as a Celtic.  He values being great at basketball and using his value to retain a semblance of control, paraphrasing him.  So people hedge towards moving him, rather than letting him walk.

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 02:32:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ESPN pushing the Kyrie-Leonard trade hard...Some sort of update tonight...

Do not trade Kyrie.

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 02:37:06 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
All of those trades are awful. I don't understand how these people have jobs.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008