Author Topic: Raptors want a top 10 pick: Everyone on roster is available  (Read 2752 times)

Re: Raptors want a top 10 pick: Everyone on roster is available
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 05:03:38 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Imagine if Cavs and Raptors make a mega deal

Raptors: Love, 8th Pick (maybe even Tristant Thompson)
Cavs: Derozan, Lowry

In order to try to make Lebron happy

That would be a loaded team

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 05:26:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

lebron isn’t happy in Cleveland so that doesn’t fix it. The only way to make lebron happy is letting him go to La

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

lebron isn’t happy in Cleveland so that doesn’t fix it. The only way to make lebron happy is letting him go to La

Lets see. Wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt leave either

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Probably won’t happen before the draft, as Philly has free agent ambitions, but I could see a trade based around Lowry for the number 10 pick if Toronto blows it up. That’d be good value for Toronto, and I like Lowry as a vet presence and good fit with the Philly roster.
Definitely would not do that if I was the Sixers.  The Sixers have an opportunity to sign a top level free agent this offseason or next.  They shouldn't waste that opportunity on a player like Lowry who would not make them a contender.

Yeah, as I said they should try free agency before making a move like that, but I could see something like that happening if Philly strikes out in free agency and Toronto likes who they took at 10. Would you not do that deal if they strike out in free agency? I like Lowry’s fit and vet presence in that lineup.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I can see Cleveland trading the #8 and salary for either Lowry or DeRozan to convince Lebron to come back for another run at a title. That is if Toronto has decided they can't go any farther with their crew and are going to blow it up.

Not sure I see Toronto being ready to blow it up after their 59 win season. But can see Cleveland shopping the 8th pick for a star to add to Lebron. Of course, that's what they should have been doing at the deadline instead of trading for role players on bad contracts.

That's an interesting idea, and people on the Twitter ;D were joking after the "series" between the Cavs and the Raptors that Derozan should go to Cleveland, lol, so seeing that actually happen would be pretty funny, imo.

My only question centers around as to who Toronto is possibly targeting, because if they're going to deal their franchise players, surely they would hope to get a potential star via the draft as a return, right? My gut says that Michael Porter Jr. guy, but I honestly have no idea :-\.
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander who is from Ontario.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/report-toronto-raptors-trying-trade-top-10-pick-nba-draft-223454903.html

Ah, thanks - TP :).

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 06:36:05 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Probably won’t happen before the draft, as Philly has free agent ambitions, but I could see a trade based around Lowry for the number 10 pick if Toronto blows it up. That’d be good value for Toronto, and I like Lowry as a vet presence and good fit with the Philly roster.
Definitely would not do that if I was the Sixers.  The Sixers have an opportunity to sign a top level free agent this offseason or next.  They shouldn't waste that opportunity on a player like Lowry who would not make them a contender.

Yeah, as I said they should try free agency before making a move like that, but I could see something like that happening if Philly strikes out in free agency and Toronto likes who they took at 10. Would you not do that deal if they strike out in free agency? I like Lowry’s fit and vet presence in that lineup.
Absolutely not.  Lowry is too old and doesn't really move the needle for them.  He's not going to make them a champioship contender.  They aren't in a use their cap space or lose it situation.  They can sign free agents (Redick, etc) to 1 year deals again and have Max cap space next offseason.  That should give them a much better idea on what they are going to get out of Fultz which will affect who they target in free agency. 

Personally I'd have Butler at the top of the list next offseason.  Think he'd be a great fit for Phiily.  He'll probably be glad to get out of Minny so Thibs can't run him into the ground anymore and he won't have to deal with Wiggins and Towns poor defense.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 06:52:27 PM by tazzmaniac »