Author Topic: Charles Barkley's inappropriate answer on 'Family Feud' shocks teammates  (Read 4065 times)

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I don't think his teammates thought it was actually innapropriate.  They just showed awareness of today's hyper-sensitive environment.  It's sad if there was any consternation over this.  Sounds like there wasn't...just joking and making fun of an out of control PC environment...

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Ha not really inappropriate. I think we all knew he meant a little person facing the same direction in front of him, not facing him. The logical leap with the zipper is that its a sex thing, but I don't think Chuck was thinking that way. Although, I'm not sure anyone can interpret all of his commentary.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't think his teammates thought it was actually innapropriate.  They just showed awareness of today's hyper-sensitive environment.  It's sad if there was any consternation over this.  Sounds like there wasn't...just joking and making fun of an out of control PC environment...

Do you watch Family Feud?  This has nothing to do with PC-ness.  The show has been successful for 45 years because the hosts play up the innuendo of an extemporaneous answer and everyone laughs.  And that’s all this was — if there had actually been any concern of blowback they’d have just edited that answer out and let him try again.

No one, anywhere, was offended.  This was standard-fare for this show, and because Barkley is good at saying things that sound absurd, this particular moment went viral to the delight of everyone, including Sir Charles, involved.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Do you watch Family Feud?  This has nothing to do with PC-ness.  The show has been successful for 45 years because the hosts play up the innuendo of an extemporaneous answer and everyone laughs.  And that’s all this was — if there had actually been any concern of blowback they’d have just edited that answer out and let him try again.

No one, anywhere, was offended.  This was standard-fare for this show, and because Barkley is good at saying things that sound absurd, this particular moment went viral to the delight of everyone, including Sir Charles, involved.

That's kind of what I was trying to say.   I just brought up the PC thing because Shaq said "inappropriate", etc etc... 

I mean, we do live in a hypersensitized environment compared to many other places in the world...I'm glad a show like FF can remind us of easier going times...

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
non-story  ::)

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
The only thing inappropriate about this story is that some editor decided it was ok to publish a story that is intentionally trying to stir the pot and make something out of nothing.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Very funny clip.  The only one's "offended" are those who are looking for reasons to claim that this is a case of PC gone awry.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yeah. I can imagine my not at all PC grandfather thinking that was a pretty weird answer.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Yeah. I can imagine my not at all PC grandfather thinking that was a pretty weird answer.

I am VERY PC, and I thought it was funny.  The question was "broken zipper" and discreetly having your child walk ahead of you block view doesn't sound far-fetched to me.   I thought the reactions were very funny.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 A lot of that was put on, for the show, it is what they do with Charles.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas

I am VERY PC, and I thought it was funny.  The question was "broken zipper" and discreetly having your child walk ahead of you block view doesn't sound far-fetched to me.   I thought the reactions were very funny.

I mostly think it’s weird anybody would see  any part of this as an example of PC.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
A lot of that was put on, for the show, it is what they do with Charles.

Exactly.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i actually thought that was funny lol

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Same.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner