Author Topic: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)  (Read 3164 times)

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades (Merged)
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
All of those trades are awful. I don't understand how these people have jobs.

Clicks.  Page clicks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Only dumpster organizations are completely blindsided by players leaving in free agency. There are signs, and they're usually a mile long. If your star leaves in free agency, you weren't paying attention, or you knew it but decided to roll the dice.

Can anyone here explain to me why they think that Kyrie is going to leave?
- The team is amazing, but he's still the guy
- He'll get a larger contract
- He has a great coach and FO
- There are no prima donnas on the roster

Someone please show me 1 concrete piece of evidence that points to him not staying next year.
There's nothing concrete, but he's been flimsy when asked, not showing any real commitment to the team.  Not showing up for G7 was a bad look, in spite of the explanation.  He's already forced a trade once because he didn't want to play with LBJ which is, in itself, strange.  He's in love with this player empowerment, being able to control your destination, as he said on the recent podcast.

Like I said, nothing concrete, but he doesn't come across as a person who values loyalty, longevity, Celtics tradition, or his legacy as a Celtic.  He values being great at basketball and using his value to retain a semblance of control, paraphrasing him.  So people hedge towards moving him, rather than letting him walk.

Agreed on all counts.

Would you like your 50 TPs in any particular increments (e.g., 2 per day)?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 03:06:41 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
Following Following @Probballdraft
More
Another draft nugget......the @celtics are aggressively pursuing a trade up and are targeting Luka Doncic. There is some competition from other teams looking to move up for him too.

Re: ESPN: Six Draft Day Trades
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 03:16:33 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Only dumpster organizations are completely blindsided by players leaving in free agency. There are signs, and they're usually a mile long. If your star leaves in free agency, you weren't paying attention, or you knew it but decided to roll the dice.

Can anyone here explain to me why they think that Kyrie is going to leave?
- The team is amazing, but he's still the guy
- He'll get a larger contract
- He has a great coach and FO
- There are no prima donnas on the roster

Someone please show me 1 concrete piece of evidence that points to him not staying next year.
There's nothing concrete, but he's been flimsy when asked, not showing any real commitment to the team.  Not showing up for G7 was a bad look, in spite of the explanation.  He's already forced a trade once because he didn't want to play with LBJ which is, in itself, strange.  He's in love with this player empowerment, being able to control your destination, as he said on the recent podcast.

Like I said, nothing concrete, but he doesn't come across as a person who values loyalty, longevity, Celtics tradition, or his legacy as a Celtic.  He values being great at basketball and using his value to retain a semblance of control, paraphrasing him.  So people hedge towards moving him, rather than letting him walk.

Forcing a trade to not want to play with LeBron James is not strange at all. When your team's playbook is "get LeBron the ball," I can see how it can be boring to someone who is not a role player... and he forced a trade. He didn't leave for nothing. That means that he has at least 1 data point that suggests that if he's unhappy, he makes it known. Since we're guessing at his MO, it seems to me that he's the kind of player to take max money at each stage and force a trade if he's unhappy. In that case, even if you think he's not a loyal person (not sure where you're getting that from), if we sign him and then he later wants a trade, he's still an asset that can get stuff back. Either way, The NBA is a business. He's not going to get a tattoo of the Celtics because just like he could eventually be unhappy here, Ainge could trade him. So when reporters ask him stupid questions like "are you going to take a contract extension and leave millions of dollars on the table for no reason," don't be surprised that he gives a business oriented response. In the age of instant media, if there were a problem, you'd know. There is no problem... this is just clickbait, or fake news.

LeBron is the guy you described. He won't request a trade because he doesn't want to gut his future team. He'll just leave you for nothing.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 03:24:30 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More
Another draft nugget......the @celtics are aggressively pursuing a trade up and are targeting Luka Doncic. There is some competition from other teams looking to move up for him too.

I'm going to miss all this nonsense later in the summer. Somebody remind me, what do we do around here in August?

Mike

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 03:25:38 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

I'm going to miss all this nonsense later in the summer. Somebody remind me, what do we do around here in August?

Mike

In the past, we've seen egos destroyed & people bicker over the CB Draft......

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

Mike

Who is @probballdraft and have they ever been right about anything? Any credibility?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I really like Doncic, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:44:00 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Espn has already said Hayward is off the table in trades

And I have not seen woj or anyone say philly and Celtics were options

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 04:10:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

Mike

Who is @probballdraft and have they ever been right about anything? Any credibility?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I really like Doncic, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

sheridanhoops.com

I think he’s mostly a volume tweeter who trades in getting something right occasionally because when you say enough things that aren’t completely out of the realm of possibility you land in the right place once or twice.

But he’s got some credible basketball journalists as follows (Zach Lowe, Eric Pincus), so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: ESPN - 6 draft trades they'd like to see (Kyrie is 1)
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 04:23:00 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Six best NBA draft trades we'd like to see https://es.pn/2I5ba0m
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

The Kyrie trade is Kyrie and 27 for Porzingis and Noah.  Seems like a very strange trade for both teams but the thought of the Zinger next to Brown and Tatum for the next decade is appealing.

Is it? The guy just blew out his knee and there’s a decent chance his athleticism will never be the same. It’s a devastating injury.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

Mike

sheridanhoops.com

I think he’s mostly a volume tweeter who trades in getting something right occasionally because when you say enough things that aren’t completely out of the realm of possibility you land in the right place once or twice.

But he’s got some credible basketball journalists as follows (Zach Lowe, Eric Pincus), so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adorable.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

Mike

sheridanhoops.com

Those sources may know something. It could be a burner account for a notable person in a NBA organization.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
More

Mike

sheridanhoops.com

Those sources may know something. It could be a burner account for a notable person in a NBA organization.
they know absolutely nothing. If they did it would have been corrobated by Woj or anyone else that the sixers are in play. They’re not