Author Topic: Stephen Miller  (Read 6119 times)

Re: Stephen Miller
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2018, 04:05:51 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 183
  • MASTER OF PANIC
More comedy gold from the White House.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44570688

In all seriousness, can someone please confirm or deny if this is a Photoshop of the FLOTUS.
Did she really wear a jacket down to Texas that said "I really don't care. Do u?"

She indeed did. Her spokesperson confirmed it
“The rim is looking bigger and bigger every game.”

Paul Pierce

« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2018, 04:13:35 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 46

In all seriousness, can someone please confirm or deny if this is a Photoshop of the FLOTUS.
Did she really wear a jacket down to Texas that said "I really don't care. Do u?"

Okay...lemme hope that the message is aimed at Pres Trump as opposed to the Immigrant situation in Texas...any thought - anyone?

« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

What's there to confirm? It's on the BBC, they do basic fact checking, unlike InfoWars and the likes...
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 46

What's there to confirm? It's on the BBC, they do basic fact checking, unlike InfoWars and the likes...

WOW...I see it all over the place. I thought your link was a spoof (BCB or something like that). Thanks for confirming. What I was trying to do was not jump to conclusions and run with a thought that may not have been true. Now that I see that it really is...WOW...

« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2071
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Okay...lemme hope that the message is aimed at Pres Trump as opposed to the Immigrant situation in Texas...any thought - anyone?

My gut response is "I think they're just tonedeaf and didn't think about it at all" but I have to believe any outfit a FLOTUS wears is seen by multiple aides before they go out in public, especially a written message in big font, so someone should've pointed it out. It's very hard to parse the incompetence from the malice with this bunch. 

I can just about guarantee it's not a hidden message to Trump, though.

« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2018, 04:34:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
My gut response is "I think they're just tonedeaf and didn't think about it at all" but I have to believe any outfit a FLOTUS wears is seen by multiple aides before they go out in public, especially a written message in big font, so someone should've pointed it out. It's very hard to parse the incompetence from the malice with this bunch.
Hanlon's Razor. By far my favorite aphorism.

« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2018, 04:38:36 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 2071
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Yeah that's why my gut says incompetence. It's just that the incompetence explanation requiring it from multiple different parties and the malice just needing one makes it trickier.

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Yeah that's why my gut says incompetence. It's just that the incompetence explanation requiring it from multiple different parties and the malice just needing one makes it trickier.
I'd say the Dunning-Kruger effect extends to not recognizing incompetence in others.

« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »

Offline liam

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 791

I can just about guarantee it's not a hidden message to Trump, though.

A message to the base.... “I really don’t care, do u?”

And who is wearing a jacket in Texas in June?

« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 726

Hanlon's razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

We might need a new one:
Trump's Razor: "Be cautious attributing to stupidity that which is explained by cruelty."

« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »

Offline blink

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 444
I thought this whole jacket thing was a joke, or something.  I guess not.  can we impeach the first lady for general stupidity?

just checking...

This comes from someone who has never dis-liked a first lady, no matter what party or who they were married to.

« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 726
I thought this whole jacket thing was a joke, or something.  I guess not.  can we impeach the first lady for general stupidity?

just checking...

No, but she might meet Trump's task force's deportation criteria...

« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2018, 12:55:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 5506
Melania might be beautiful, but she is quite stupid. Her taste in fashion and husband prove that.

« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Melania might be beautiful, but she is quite stupid. Her taste in fashion and husband prove that.
There's no way this isn't intentional, by the way. As someone pointed out, this is a $40 Zara jacket. I doubt this type of clothes are usually part of her wardrobe.

« Reply #179 on: June 22, 2018, 08:31:44 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27670
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
There's no way this isn't intentional, by the way. As someone pointed out, this is a $40 Zara jacket. I doubt this type of clothes are usually part of her wardrobe.

It's intentional.  What we don't know is what the intent was. 

It's obviously not a shot at the children.  She's not saying she doesn't care about them, because quite obviously she does.  I mean, she made a rare public comment indicating she didn't like the policy of child separation.  How many first ladies have ever publicly contradicted a policy of her husband, even in part?

My guess is that he statement was meant to be ironic / sarcastic toward her critics.  She gets criticized constantly despite keeping a low profile, and this jacket is probably a swipe at that and the assumptions that people make about her.

As for her taste in men, it's a situation as old as time:  some people sacrifice love for security.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...