Author Topic: Sixers have made a HUGE mistake  (Read 3598 times)

Re: Sixers have made a HUGE mistake
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 08:49:27 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Yeah, their roster construction isn't done yet. They still have assets, cap space, and young players.

That said, if they are only able to fill out the roster with Reddicks and Bradleys and Bookers and Illyasovas, are they a true contender?

Even if they were able to beat to the Celtics in the ECF, are they really going to beat the Warriors? Rockets? Lakers?

Maybe, but right not they are more like a pretender than a contender. Isn't that the exact position they were trying to avoid when they started this rebuild in 2012?

And that's making huge assumptions about health, improvements, etc. too.

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don’t subscribe to the storyline that LeBron ever considered Philadelphia sincerely.

Agree this was made up!

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
They need to be patient and not try to get to the finals with a single move. Reddick should return. If I were them I'd move Covington - I'm not a fan of guys who don't perform in the playoffs. But they need to be careful with who they sign long term to compliment their core.  For the near term - were I them - I'd try to get Kyle Korver. (I'd like the Celtics to try to get Korver but I think Philly is probably willing offer more to the Cavs)