Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119006 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Scary thought

Sacramento Kings smoke something special and trade #2 and a few young players for Leonard =T

They would still manage to lose a ton of games. Leonard would play half-assed if he even plays, and the chemistry on that team would be awful.

doubt it.  The guy doesn't play basketball that way

« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Scary thought

Sacramento Kings smoke something special and trade #2 and a few young players for Leonard =T

And then Kawhi Leonard bolts for the Lakers. What a scary thought indeed.

In the meantime our 2019 pick tanks

I was listening to the Lowe Post and one of the draft express guys was on there and he reckons 2019 draft is looking pretty terrible anyway.

« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2018, 11:16:30 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
ESPN reporting with @ramonashelburne: San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich is traveling to Southern California with the intention of meeting with franchise star Kawhi Leonard prior to Thursday’s NBA Draft. Story soon on site.

« Reply #453 on: June 19, 2018, 11:26:31 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Spurs' Kawhi Leonard and Gregg Popovich met on Tuesday in San Diego, league sources tell Yahoo.

« Reply #454 on: June 19, 2018, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Sounds like spurs want some clarity by the draft

« Reply #455 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Spurs' Kawhi Leonard and Gregg Popovich met on Tuesday in San Diego, league sources tell Yahoo.

Like, omg! ::) Are they meeting for lunch/dinner and which restaurant will they choose? If just the right special isn't available that day, will Kawhi simply get up and leave, and who pays for everything? Will they arrive in separate cars and/or enter together? Will Pop want to reserve a private dining room at the Olive Garden but Leonard prefers Longhorn Steakhouse, and will everything ultimately be sabotaged by Kawhi's uncle wanting to go to Chuck E. Cheese, followed by Kawhi taking Pop on a shopping spree at DSW because shoes?

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS ::) ;D.

« Reply #456 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Like, omg! ::) Are they meeting for lunch/dinner and which restaurant will they choose? If just the right special isn't available that day, will Kawhi simply get up and leave, and who pays for everything? Will they arrive in separate cars and/or enter together? Will Pop want to reserve a private dining room at the Olive Garden but Leonard prefers Longhorn Steakhouse, and will everything ultimately be sabotaged by Kawhi's uncle wanting to go to Chuck E. Cheese, followed by Kawhi taking Pop on a shopping spree at DSW because shoes?

SO. MANY. QUESTIONS ::) ;D.
Can see Kawhi after the meeting, looking skyward, rubbing his beard thinking:

I would rather have gone to Chipotle

« Reply #457 on: June 19, 2018, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
No thanks. Time to move on. Per Wojo:

Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio, and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles -- preferably with the Lakers -- when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.

« Reply #458 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:13 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

San Diego. That's all we need to know. A major California city closest to Los Angeles.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #459 on: June 20, 2018, 12:03:16 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio, and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles -- preferably with the Lakers -- when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said.

Where did you get this source?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #460 on: June 20, 2018, 12:05:37 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

By then, Lakers probably won’t have any cap space, and the Clippers will probably suck/not have any cap space (pending LeBron/PG and Jordan/Williams).

I’m not convinced the Spurs feel any pressure here. Pop has a silver tongue, and both Parker and Ginobili are probably gone this offseason (Parker to FA and Ginobili to retirement if Pop requests it to make amends with Kawhi). Kawhi won’t be able to sit out of the first half of the season, and winning cures a lot. And, as I said, it is not super likely the Lakers or Clippers will have cap space.

EDIT: for what it’s worth, Shams has a much different characterization of the meeting:

The meeting between the two faces of the Spurs’ franchise was done professionally and confidentially, league sources said.

The Spurs’ front office and Leonard’s representatives had been in communication since the season ended, and Leonard has been in contact with coach Gregg Popovich, league sources said. Leonard spent most of the second half of the season rehabbing his injury in New York, where his medical team was based and where he trained with Spurs staffers. He has returned close to full health from the lingering quad injury.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-disgruntled-spurs-star-kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-met-tuesday-san-diego-033855625.html

Woj and Ramona are writing with a lot of speculation and “sources” who aren’t connected to the Spurs at all. This could very well be some more ESPN sensationalism.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 12:18:26 AM by GetLucky »

« Reply #461 on: June 20, 2018, 12:05:53 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Where did you get this source?

ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23846966/gregg-popovich-flying-california-attempt-meet-kawhi-leonard

« Reply #462 on: June 20, 2018, 12:10:15 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
as Others have mentioned, he is now 100% going to LA by 2019, and will be a rental if he's on another team.

[Wojnarowski/Shelburne] "(Leonard) will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles -- preferably with the Lakers -- when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said."

« Reply #463 on: June 20, 2018, 12:15:57 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I'm seriously not trusting Woj on this anymore.

I was following his tweets and it's up and down. A hour ago, he mentioned that the meeting had begun, but Shams reported it ended with a good conversation. 30 minutes later, woj updates a few minutes later that the meeting had already ended a hour ago.

He's been conflicting in most of his tweets. So my assumption is that either Kawhi's camp is talking to woj, or something fishy is going on.

Either way, Pop can stand pat regardless. He can wait for the best offer. If LeBron goes to the Lakers, it would really be almost impossible to bring in Kawhi, unless the Spurs agree to take on Deng's contract, or LeBron doesn't take the max at all.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #464 on: June 20, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm seriously not trusting Woj on this anymore.

I was following his tweets and it's up and down. A hour ago, he mentioned that the meeting had begun, but Shams reported it ended with a good conversation. 30 minutes later, woj updates a few minutes later that the meeting had already ended a hour ago.

He's been conflicting in most of his tweets. So my assumption is that either Kawhi's camp is talking to woj, or something fishy is going on.

Either way, Pop can stand pat regardless. He can wait for the best offer. If LeBron goes to the Lakers, it would really be almost impossible to bring in Kawhi, unless the Spurs agree to take on Deng's contract, or LeBron doesn't take the max at all.
there is no best offer. Kawhi has certified he will go nowhere except the lakers or clips. No other team will separate from themselves anything of value for a rental

You think woj completely fabricated this! Wow. What a conspiracy theory. Why would he ruin his name and rep? He doesn’t care about La