Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119387 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Maybe I'm the only one but I can't get excited about a Kawhi trade whatsoever. I mean a guy who laid down for an entire season, quit on his teammates, clearly wants LA or NY.

Just don't understand what the big appeal is. Yeah he's good but the guy is also a whiny and entitled beyond belief...

I agree. Something is just not right when a guy disappears for a whole year in the prime of his career with what is supposed to be a minor injury, while playing for one of the most well respected coaches in the league on a first class organization.
its called strong arm negotiations

He probably wanted to be traded a long time ago and the spurs didn’t do it, so he retaliated

I don’t see anything wrong

There’s a lot wrong with that. The Spurs are a top rate organization, his teammates and coach are future hall of famers, the organization wanted to make him the face of the franchise going forward and pay him the super max, and he wants to leave and sits out an entire season, bailing on his teammates?

That’s not the type of player I want to invest in.

I mean, if he doesn’t value being the man on a winning organization with a great coach, then why would we think he would be happy to stay here if we give up assets for him?
so every player has to like pop because he’s a future Hall of famer ? Kawhi is rumored to not like pop for many reasons

No one should lay down on the job just because they "don't like" their coach. You keep playing hard, and then leave when you get a chance..
its rumored that he didn’t like the training staff for bringing him back only to get reinjured in 1 game, didn’t loke Parker for throwing him under the bus, didn’t like pop for practices and bad communication

« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2018, 01:41:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One team that has good enough assets ... I hope doesn't win in the Leonard sweepstakes is the Knicks

9th, Frank N,  Hardaway Jr , future 1st for Leonard

Bc this could really entice Irving to leave for the Knicks next season if the Celts dont win the championship

« Reply #422 on: June 19, 2018, 01:54:57 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
One team that has good enough assets ... I hope doesn't win in the Leonard sweepstakes is the Knicks

Bc this could really entice Irving to leave for the Knicks next season if the Celts dont win the championship
I'd be disappointed with that return if I'm the Spurs.  Ntilikina is nice, but not a high ceiling IMO.  Hardaway is mediocre at best.  You can probably find a nice prospect at 9, but no guarantee.  I'd be holding out for a combination of players like Ingram, Kuzma, Josh Jackson, Jaylen... maybe 2 guys of that caliber and future picks.  The Lakers have to go all in to land Kawhi or PG13 to secure Lebron.

« Reply #423 on: June 19, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
@ChrisMannixYS said on @985TheSportsHub he hears from people inside Kawhi Leonard's circle the superstar is 100% healthy and recovered from his quad injury

@ChrisMannixYS said on @985TheSportsHub he believes the #Spurs won't prioritize sending Kawhi Leonard to the Eastern Conference, if he's moved. They just want the best package, even if that comes from the West.

Looks like Kuzma and Ingram to the Spurs may become a reality after all.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #424 on: June 19, 2018, 02:45:14 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
He goes to the Lakers, James and George go also.

« Reply #425 on: June 19, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More
With the #NBADraft Kawhi Leonard's shadow is looming both the Sixers and Celtics are options but his stated preference is LA. Celtics deal could be Hayward or Irving and Brown with a pick. Sixers offer on the table is Fultz, Saric, and a 1st rounder.

There is no way in hell I send out Brown, a pick AND Hayward or Kyrie.

« Reply #426 on: June 19, 2018, 03:15:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More
With the #NBADraft Kawhi Leonard's shadow is looming both the Sixers and Celtics are options but his stated preference is LA. Celtics deal could be Hayward or Irving and Brown with a pick. Sixers offer on the table is Fultz, Saric, and a 1st rounder.

LOL Hayward/Irving AND Brown AND a pick??? Gross

« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

Who is @probasketballdraft? Some guy with 250 followers? I think guys here at CB have more credence than this guy

« Reply #428 on: June 19, 2018, 03:48:18 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

Who is @probasketballdraft? Some guy with 250 followers? I think guys here at CB have more credence than this guy

Bet he has a lot more now.  ::)

Seriously, though, does sound like a good marketing campaign. I should send out a tweet

With the #NBADraft days away, sounds like Spurs have decided to send Leonard, their 2020 first and their 2022 first to the Celtics for Yabu, the rights to Sullinger and a really big hot dog from the concession stand. Not one of the minis. One of those jumbo guys that sells for $10. Commish Silver agreeing to waive salary matching restrictions.

Wonder how many times one could get that retweeted?

Mike

« Reply #429 on: June 19, 2018, 04:00:06 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

17K followers...just passing on the info I see...

« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2018, 04:06:31 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I think this is a more attractive package than the Fultz one, if they want to send him East they consider it.

Still think we're wrong to only look at rebuilding packages though

« Reply #431 on: June 19, 2018, 04:08:06 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

Yeah there is no way we offer an all-star AND Brown. Those two packages mentioned aren’t remotely close. Saric is a good but not great player and Fultz has as much bust potential now as he does boom. The 10th pick this year or a future pick?

If that’s what we would have to give up, no thanks.

Sounds like this guy is just throwing stuff out there with no insight.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #432 on: June 19, 2018, 04:17:40 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Wonder what their cap situation will allow for?

Can they still stretch Noah’s $19M salary (I doubt they can move him)? Can they afford to give max salaries to Porzingis (assuming he comes back as effective), Kawhi AND Irving?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #433 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Probasketballdraft

@Probballdraft
 32s33 seconds ago
More

17K followers...just passing on the info I see...
Oops. Read wrong. He is following 250 others. My bad.

Still never heard of the guy.

« Reply #434 on: June 19, 2018, 04:30:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Wonder what their cap situation will allow for?

Can they still stretch Noah’s $19M salary (I doubt they can move him)? Can they afford to give max salaries to Porzingis (assuming he comes back as effective), Kawhi AND Irving?

Sure, if they were able to move Hardaway for Leonard they could make it work.  They’d have to dump the last year of Courtney Lee as well next summer, in addition to stretching Noah. And it would be one of those situations where you’ve got your three stars, a bunch of minimum players, are done a draft pick or two in the future, and are capped out.

But I really can’t see San Antonio taking that package.  Hardaway isn’t doing anything for them other than taking up a lot of cap space for a long time.  Kanter’s expiring makes more sense.