Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119004 times)

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #405 on: June 18, 2018, 10:30:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250231/spurs-not-interested-in-lonzo-ball

As widely expected, and also from Woj's earlier Tweet, Spurs are NOT interested in Lonzo.

So LAL will certainly have to give up Kuzma and Ingram in a Leonard trade, and maybe even an extra asset since it's pretty well-known Leonard's ideal destination is LA and he's likely to re-sign there.

It also makes sense because after what the Spurs went through all year with the Kawhi saga and such... the last thing they want to do is create more drama and bring LaVar's big head into SA  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #406 on: June 18, 2018, 10:51:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237

As widely expected, and also from Woj's earlier Tweet, Spurs are NOT interested in Lonzo.

So LAL will certainly have to give up Kuzma and Ingram in a Leonard trade, and maybe even an extra asset since it's pretty well-known Leonard's ideal destination is LA and he's likely to re-sign there.

It also makes sense because after what the Spurs went through all year with the Kawhi saga and such... the last thing they want to do is create more drama and bring LaVar's big head into SA  :laugh:

Pop and Buford will not trade Kawhi to the Fakers.....never, ever, ever.

« Reply #407 on: June 18, 2018, 11:41:39 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

They probably won't give the Spurs Kuzma and Ingram without including Luol Deng's contract.

But Kawhi is Laker-bound regardless either next season or in 2019, so the Lakers do not have to give the Spurs anything; the Lakers hold the advantage right now.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #408 on: June 18, 2018, 11:43:16 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

They probably won't give the Spurs Kuzma and Ingram without including Luol Deng's contract.

But Kawhi is Laker-bound regardless either next season or in 2019, so the Lakers do not have to give the Spurs anything; the Lakers hold the advantage right now.

Not if the Lakers get LeBron and PG13.

« Reply #409 on: June 18, 2018, 11:47:24 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Not if the Lakers get LeBron and PG13.
This is what I was about to say. Kawhi could be destined for elsewhere.

I personally want Toronto to trade with him just because that'd be fun. I think DeRozan and Pop would get on like a house on fire
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #410 on: June 19, 2018, 11:10:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The more you think about it.... we forget how cheap or frugal Danny is , when it comes to trades. He is not much of a risk taker either

Example

Last season for Irving the Cavs were seeking the #3 pick (Tatum) or Brown and the 2018 Nets 1st. Danny balked.  Waited , waited and instead traded an injured player (IT4, Crowder, 2018 Nets 1st)

Currently with Leonard
Considering the injury risk/walking away after a year factor..... can't see Danny ultimately giving up/risking more than Rozier and 2019 Kings/76ers 1st + 2019 Celts 1st.  At the end of the day, this maybe the best package the Spurs could get for Leonard unless the Lakers or 76ers overpay

Prior to the draft
I still think the Clippers have one of the best shots to get Leonard, especially if there are 2 players the Spurs really love in this years draft (12+13).  Knicks could provide the 9th pick and Frank N (who pops likes).  Longshot is the Cavs who are known to make drastic moves to keep Lebron happy.  Trade Love for a 1st and also the 8th pick for Leonard.  (all of this doesn't happen, unless Lebron informally agrees to pick up option/sign extension)

« Reply #411 on: June 19, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Maybe I'm the only one but I can't get excited about a Kawhi trade whatsoever. I mean a guy who laid down for an entire season, quit on his teammates, clearly wants LA or NY.

Just don't understand what the big appeal is. Yeah he's good but the guy is also a whiny and entitled beyond belief...

« Reply #412 on: June 19, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Maybe I'm the only one but I can't get excited about a Kawhi trade whatsoever. I mean a guy who laid down for an entire season, quit on his teammates, clearly wants LA or NY.

Just don't understand what the big appeal is. Yeah he's good but the guy is also a whiny and entitled beyond belief...

I agree. Something is just not right when a guy disappears for a whole year in the prime of his career with what is supposed to be a minor injury, while playing for one of the most well respected coaches in the league on a first class organization.

« Reply #413 on: June 19, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

I agree. Something is just not right when a guy disappears for a whole year in the prime of his career with what is supposed to be a minor injury, while playing for one of the most well respected coaches in the league on a first class organization.

Yeah I would be a bit more open to the Kawhi idea if this had happened in Sacramento or some other disfunctional organization.  Having a falling out with the Spurs and being the butt end of remarks by HOFers is not a good look.  No thanks. 

« Reply #414 on: June 19, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

its called strong arm negotiations

He probably wanted to be traded a long time ago and the spurs didn’t do it, so he retaliated

I don’t see anything wrong

« Reply #415 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:25 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

He probably wanted to be traded a long time ago and the spurs didn’t do it, so he retaliated

Certainly not a good look for Kawhi or the Spurs. I'm not taking the moral high ground like others here, but last year certainly didn't help Kawhi's legacy or prospects for the future.

I do not want Kawhi in Boston if he a) costs us a valuable young player or draft pick and/or b) wants to play in LA eventually.

I view Kawhi as a non-starter for the Celtics.

« Reply #416 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:49 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

There’s a lot wrong with that. The Spurs are a top rate organization, his teammates and coach are future hall of famers, the organization wanted to make him the face of the franchise going forward and pay him the super max, and he wants to leave and sits out an entire season, bailing on his teammates?

That’s not the type of player I want to invest in.

I mean, if he doesn’t value being the man on a winning organization with a great coach, then why would we think he would be happy to stay here if we give up assets for him?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 12:52:13 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #417 on: June 19, 2018, 01:05:46 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

There’s a lot wrong with that. The Spurs are a top rate organization, his teammates and coach are future hall of famers, the organization wanted to make him the face of the franchise going forward and pay him the super max, and he wants to leave and sits out an entire season, bailing on his teammates?

I mean, if he doesn’t value being the man on a winning organization with a great coach, then why would we think he would be happy to stay here if we give up assets for him?
so every player has to like pop because he’s a future Hall of famer ? Kawhi is rumored to not like pop for many reasons

« Reply #418 on: June 19, 2018, 01:18:27 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

so every player has to like pop because he’s a future Hall of famer ? Kawhi is rumored to not like pop for many reasons

No one should lay down on the job just because they "don't like" their coach. You keep playing hard, and then leave when you get a chance..

« Reply #419 on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:44 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

But it seems like he got re-injured again, if you look at the time line, he came back after a few months from his original starting date, came in for a few games, and then got re-injured again and was declared indefinitely out? I mean there are certainly cases where teams will force or try to push players into coming back even if they aren't 100% healthy, or incorrectly advising the wrong medical procedures. It happens. Our Isaiah Thomas is a perfect example of that.

It seems like he got a second opinion from elsewhere. Also Parker should not be judging anyone for looking out for themselves..

I just don't like the fact Kawhi hasn't talked directly to Pop, and this is being released from his 'camp/uncle.' Just looks bad when you cannot be upfront with someone that you had a fall out with.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different