Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 119304 times)

Re: Are C's even on Kawhi's List?
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.
We'd sure be putting a lot of weight on some fragile talent if we were building an all-injury Big 3 of Kawhi, Kyrie and Hayward.  Can't blame you for being concerned.

Yea I think most of these guys played less than embiid last season right?

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #301 on: June 17, 2018, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Man. Next year’s finals chase might be even more than usual about who stays healthy.

Houston: Chris Paul’s cursed playoff history
LA Lakers(?): Kawhi’s knees, LeBron pushing 34 with a *lot* of minutes under his belt
Golden State: Steph Curry’s iffy ankles, and an aging Iguodala
Celtics: Kyrie and Gordon

Weird when Joel Embiid is pretty far down the list of injury concerns...

« Reply #302 on: June 17, 2018, 03:03:54 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I would just like to thank whoever merged all of these Kawhi threads. You are the wind beneath my wings.

Mike

« Reply #303 on: June 17, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Man. Next year’s finals chase might be even more than usual about who stays healthy.

Houston: Chris Paul’s cursed playoff history
LA Lakers(?): Kawhi’s knees, LeBron pushing 34 with a *lot* of minutes under his belt
Golden State: Steph Curry’s iffy ankles, and an aging Iguodala
Celtics: Kyrie and Gordon

Weird when Joel Embiid is pretty far down the list of injury concerns...

Well, barring Leonard and Lebron deciding to join them they aren't really a finals threat.

« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2018, 03:19:31 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.
We'd sure be putting a lot of weight on some fragile talent if we were building an all-injury Big 3 of Kawhi, Kyrie and Hayward.  Can't blame you for being concerned.

They all played less than Embiid last season.  Its not fair to lump Hayward with Kawhi and Kyrie.  Hayward has played 70+ games in 6 of his 8 seasons.  Kawhi is 2 out of 7 season and Kyrie is 3 out of 7 seasons. 

« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2018, 03:57:13 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I would just like to thank whoever merged all of these Kawhi threads. You are the wind beneath my wings.

Mike

The number of LeBron threads was worse IMO  ;D

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781554-kawhi-leonard-rumors-lakers-clippers-concerned-over-stars-quadriceps-injury

Clippers and Lakers wary about Kawhi's injury. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't brought up as often. Whatever injury he had kept him out virtually all of last year. That to me is the biggest concern about it all. I'd be doing a lot of homework on him before entertaining a trade to be honest, including checking medical info, etc.

And if it turns out that Kawhi's been healthy for a while (including the playoffs), then boy that's going to make the situation look 10x worse. (Since main assumption is that Kawhi and the organization feuded over the extent of his injury it seems)

Kyrie situation again pretty much!

« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

They all played less than Embiid last season.  Its not fair to lump Hayward with Kawhi and Kyrie.  Hayward has played 70+ games in 6 of his 8 seasons.  Kawhi is 2 out of 7 season and Kyrie is 3 out of 7 seasons.
but of the three, aren’t you most worried about Hayward?  I still have doubts he’s healthy opening night.

« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

but of the three, aren’t you most worried about Hayward?  I still have doubts he’s healthy opening night.

Even if it's not opening night, by December he should be at full speed. He's going to be super rusty the first few months. Lateral movement will be the last thing to come back most likely physically, and then Mentally might be a bit longer.

But we know our young guys can handle their jobs until Haywards ready to go. I'm not worried too much unless he's not playing 5 on 5 by the end to beginning of September.

« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2018, 08:38:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Even if it's not opening night, by December he should be at full speed. He's going to be super rusty the first few months. Lateral movement will be the last thing to come back most likely physically, and then Mentally might be a bit longer.

But we know our young guys can handle their jobs until Haywards ready to go. I'm not worried too much unless he's not playing 5 on 5 by the end to beginning of September.
how do you rank the risk of reinjury for the three ?

« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2018, 08:51:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Mike

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781554-kawhi-leonard-rumors-lakers-clippers-concerned-over-stars-quadriceps-injury

Clippers and Lakers wary about Kawhi's injury. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't brought up as often. Whatever injury he had kept him out virtually all of last year. That to me is the biggest concern about it all. I'd be doing a lot of homework on him before entertaining a trade to be honest, including checking medical info, etc.

And if it turns out that Kawhi's been healthy for a while (including the playoffs), then boy that's going to make the situation look 10x worse. (Since main assumption is that Kawhi and the organization feuded over the extent of his injury it seems)

Last week the "Latest Forum Topics" box had 5-6 Lebron threads out of the 8 viewable LOL.

Now you got 5-6 Kawhi threads out of the 8 viewable. Then about 2-3 off-topic threads or a rare thread about Draft stuff  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2018, 08:57:36 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Mike

Last week the "Latest Forum Topics" box had 5-6 Lebron threads out of the 8 viewable LOL.

Now you got 5-6 Kawhi threads out of the 8 viewable. Then about 2-3 off-topic threads or a rare thread about Draft stuff  :P

If you had asked me before now to guess the number of viewable threads on Latest Forum Topics I would never had guessed there were up to 8. I probably would have said 5 or 6.

« Reply #311 on: June 17, 2018, 10:23:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Los Angeles Lakers have long been the preferred destination of Kawhi Leonard, according to sources.

Leonard, however, would also consider the Los Angeles Clippers.

Leonard turns 27 this month and went to high school in Riverside, California.

Leonard can become a free agent in 19-20 and he's comfortable not remaining with the San Antonio Spurs despite their ability to sign him to a five-year, $219 million supermax contract.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-spurs-leonard-lakers-20180615-story.html

« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2018, 01:47:52 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Los Angeles Clippers are willing to create a package for Kawhi Leonard built around Tobias Harris and the 12th or 13th overall pick in the draft.

Leonard is believed to prefer a trade to the Los Angeles Lakers but also has interest in the Clippers.

The Clippers acquired Harris in their deal last January involving Blake Griffin.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-spurs-leonard-lakers-20180615-story.html

Chris Sheridan: 0% chance Spurs send Kawhi West
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2018, 03:16:21 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Chris Sheridan (the same Chris Sheridan that reported first about LeBron returning to the Cavs) says according to his sources 'There is a 0 percent chance the Spurs trade Kawhi Leonard to a Western Conference team'. As Sheridan also puts it, Popovich would “gladly take 75 cents on the dollar for Kawhi if he could send him out of the West.”

IF this is truely the case and IF Kawhi passes a medical, Danny needs to trade for Leonard almost simply to stop 76ers from getting him.

https://www.getmoresports.com/sheridan-next-destination-kawhi-leonard-handicapping-field/
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:21:57 AM by slightly biased bias fan »

Re: Chris Sheridan: 0% chance Spurs send Kawhi West
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2018, 03:40:01 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So what if Philly get him?

I think New York could end up with him if he goes East
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 03:45:20 AM by TheSundanceKid »