Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120091 times)

Re: Are C's even on Kawhi's List?
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2018, 03:17:39 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Once surrounded by proper vets he will embrace his teammates. Winning and a good culture will do that to you.

Besides.. If lebron and PG are with the Fakers.. I Believe they won't have the cap space for him to go there.. And if we win a championship.. There is no reason not to stay.. Question is how do we pay 4 max guys..

« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2018, 05:34:25 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.
We'd sure be putting a lot of weight on some fragile talent if we were building an all-injury Big 3 of Kawhi, Kyrie and Hayward.  Can't blame you for being concerned. 

« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2018, 07:45:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Lets face it the media lie. Look at what they do to the Pats. They are really trying to push people to LA even though LA sucks. Trust me no star wants to go to lousy team to rebuild even if it is their home town.
The media has absolutely nothing to do with it.  Leonard already stated he wants to go to LAL.

« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Good question...if he doesnt really want to come to the east coast then i pass on him..one year rental is not worth tearing up ur team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I'm not even concerned about the one-year rental. I'm concerned he might not put up his pre-injury all-star stats again considering that he hasn't played for a majority of last season.

He's got that diva attitude written all over him now, so he should go there. He wants to be in the big spotlight and wants to enjoy the hot weather, beaches, and Hollywood. That's where he belongs.
We'd sure be putting a lot of weight on some fragile talent if we were building an all-injury Big 3 of Kawhi, Kyrie and Hayward.  Can't blame you for being concerned.

ALMOST as bad as Philly building around Embiid!!:-))))

Smitty77

« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2018, 09:27:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
Once surrounded by proper vets he will embrace his teammates. Winning and a good culture will do that to you.

Besides.. If lebron and PG are with the Fakers.. I Believe they won't have the cap space for him to go there.. And if we win a championship.. There is no reason not to stay.. Question is how do we pay 4 max guys..

he has/had that in the Spurs. He also plays for an organization that is regarded one of the best in the NBA and one of the all time great coaches and he wants out....

Those are warning signs right there.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
Any trade where you give up a budding star like Jaylen for a guy who openly states he wants to go to the lakers is insane.

He will just bolt next year to LA

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2018, 09:37:38 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
You know - screw his list. I hope we stay far away. I HOPE he goes to LA and LBJ joins him and gets LBJ out of the East.

« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2018, 09:40:45 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
You know - screw his list. I hope we stay far away. I HOPE he goes to LA and LBJ joins him and gets LBJ out of the East.

Not sure why people are so scared of this happening. Let them and warriors beat each other up in the west while we waltz through the east to the finals...

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I’d give up Brown and Rozier but not the Kings pick. I also would need some verbal assurance from Kawhi that he’d be on board.
- LilRip

« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2018, 09:47:10 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
What about Kawhi to Cleveland for Love? Lebron gets his sidekick and stays in Cleveland.

or

Kawhi to the Knicks for Porzingis. I think NY is the dark horse candidate to land him. They almost traded Porzingis a while back when he asked out, and his knee surgery has dampened his value enough.

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2018, 09:48:21 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Not sure why people are so scared of this happening. Let them and warriors beat each other up in the west while we waltz through the east to the finals...

Exactly! No reason for us to give up the farm for a 1-year rental of an unhappy player who wants to be 3,000 miles away. Please get him to LA and take LBJ and George with you.

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I’d give up Brown and Rozier but not the Kings pick. I also would need some verbal assurance from Kawhi that he’d be on board.

Thing is, you arent going to get that. all the "laker" rumors are coming directly from Kawhis camp to scare away teams and let them know they would be trading for a one year rental.

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2018, 02:25:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781554-kawhi-leonard-rumors-lakers-clippers-concerned-over-stars-quadriceps-injury

Clippers and Lakers wary about Kawhi's injury. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't brought up as often. Whatever injury he had kept him out virtually all of last year. That to me is the biggest concern about it all. I'd be doing a lot of homework on him before entertaining a trade to be honest, including checking medical info, etc.

And if it turns out that Kawhi's been healthy for a while (including the playoffs), then boy that's going to make the situation look 10x worse. (Since main assumption is that Kawhi and the organization feuded over the extent of his injury it seems)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2018, 02:46:01 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2781554-kawhi-leonard-rumors-lakers-clippers-concerned-over-stars-quadriceps-injury

Clippers and Lakers wary about Kawhi's injury. Honestly, I'm surprised this isn't brought up as often. Whatever injury he had kept him out virtually all of last year. That to me is the biggest concern about it all. I'd be doing a lot of homework on him before entertaining a trade to be honest, including checking medical info, etc.

And if it turns out that Kawhi's been healthy for a while (including the playoffs), then boy that's going to make the situation look 10x worse. (Since main assumption is that Kawhi and the organization feuded over the extent of his injury it seems)

Kawhii's in a lose/lose situation regardless. If his injury carries over to the following season affecting his performance, baaaad. If he sat out a majority of the season including the postseason over a feud with the team, baaaad. He even turned down a supermax contract from the Spurs.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)