Poll

Do you think Kahwi Leonard comes to Boston?

Yes
14 (15.9%)
No
74 (84.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Voting closed: June 29, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

Author Topic: Kawhi Leonard (Merged Threads)  (Read 120885 times)

Re: Here we go..Leonard wants out of SA...
« Reply #225 on: June 15, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
The feel right now is reminiscent for me of the summer the Lakers got Shaq.    The day Shaq signed with LAL, someone I worked with told me they heard Shaq went with the Magic offer (which was significantly more $$).  I was ecstatic for a couple hours till I found out that this was incorrect.   Jerry West declared his team championship-ready -- which basically is what you are when you coax the best player in the game to come to Hollywood.   

Lakers, a bad team today, projects to add 3 top players (2 top five) all vying for the chance to play in front of Jack, Dyan and Arsenio (we really need another generation of Jack's cocky smirk at courtside).

The Celtics grind it out with brilliant GM work and coaching, without any top 5 players, and LAL just tanks and frees cap space.  Lakers turnaround will be faster than any team in the league while teams like the Jazz, Bucks, Hornets, Bulls, etc. just keep trying to piece it together.  Thank goodness for Danny.

I absolutely hate the Lakers. 

« Reply #226 on: June 15, 2018, 07:10:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lebron, George and Leonard potential superteam stinks

Celtics still have a shot IF the Spurs will suck the Lakers dry

Randle, Ingram, Ball gone for example

« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

They'd have to gut that team to accommodate those three guys. That would be a super team up front, but little to no bench.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2018, 07:19:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

They'd have to gut that team to accommodate those three guys. That would be a super team up front, but little to no bench.
We heard the same thing about Miami. They would fill that bench very quickly with vets on min contracts and friends of Lebron.

« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm going to the island of Kauai from the 18th to the 25th.  I think it's a sign.

« Reply #230 on: June 15, 2018, 07:26:57 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Watch out for Miami...goran Dragic, Josh Richardson and justin Winslow for Leonard work in trade machine..then they may sign Lebron
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #231 on: June 15, 2018, 08:24:27 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Boy, reading this thread you’d think LA already signed Lebron and George and traded for Kawhi.   :P

My thoughts:

1) Can’t see Pop and Buford trading Kawhi to his preferred destination of LAL after his actions this past year, let alone a conference rival. They’d have to significantly overpay to get him, IMO, probably starting with both Ingram and Ball. Think Boston and Philly much more likely.

2) Even if LAL does land all three, are we sure this isn’t still a good thing for us? That opens up the East for us for years to come, and that puts three super teams, along with several up and coming young teams in Denver and Utah, all in the West to battle each other.

3) Not sure a Kawhi trade would be worth it, given that we already have Brown and Tatum cost-controlled, let alone Hayward. I’m also concerned about potentially losing both Kawhi and Kyrie next summer.

All in all, I’d rather pass on Kawhi. I’d rather see us focus this summer on trying to solidify that big position post-Horford by dangling that Sacramento pick and Rozier to try and move up for someone like Jackson Jr or Bamba.

« Reply #232 on: June 15, 2018, 08:32:19 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Leonard’s real value to Boston is he is able to guard James and Durant. This is what Ainge is gearing up for

« Reply #233 on: June 15, 2018, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
As the sole Lakers fan on this board, I was thinking about this news all day at work...and what I ended up concluding, is that I'd prefer to keep everyone and sign Lebron and PG13 (if possible). The Spurs will only do the trade if we gut our team, and I don't think it's worth it. I'm guessing they will ask for BI, Kuz, Hart and the 25th pick...Who knows, maybe more.

Given that he can after next year (unlikely, but still possible) and that the injury situation is what it is, I'm definitely iffy on the whole thing.

« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2018, 08:57:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Leonard’s real value to Boston is he is able to guard James and Durant. This is what Ainge is gearing up for

Nailed it. TP Orlando.

« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
As the sole Lakers fan on this board, I was thinking about this news all day at work...and what I ended up concluding, is that I'd prefer to keep everyone and sign Lebron and PG13 (if possible). The Spurs will only do the trade if we gut our team, and I don't think it's worth it. I'm guessing they will ask for BI, Kuz, Hart and the 25th pick...Who knows, maybe more.

Given that he can after next year (unlikely, but still possible) and that the injury situation is what it is, I'm definitely iffy on the whole thing.

That is gutting your team? for Kawhi? Plus LBJ & co.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2018, 09:29:21 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Windhorst and Jackie Mac on their podcast tonight said Tatum and the Kings pick is untouchable.

Said Spurs love Brown or the Celtics could move Kyrie and something else because of the kyrie’s injury and noncommittal attitude from him. Moving Kyrie would be a preemptive move because he might not stay.

Said Brown and the Celtics pick this year could be the offer. Tatum is untouchable and windy said he protect Al at all costs.

Said a few teams inquired when Boston did but only Boston was leaked because the Spurs want to deal with Boston.

Lakers don’t have much to send out. Would cost them Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Deng’s contract which still isn’t the best the the spurs can get. Lakers face a long road to get this done.

Sixers would have to include bayless, saric, fultz and the number 10 pick. But even with that the spurs might not be getting enough. Might have to throw in something else.

Teams are concerned about keeping Leonard long term. Lakers want this done before free agency

« Reply #237 on: June 15, 2018, 10:04:10 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Windhorst and Jackie Mac on their podcast tonight said Tatum and the Kings pick is untouchable.

I get Tatum, but the Kings pick? Don't see that as untouchable at all. I'd trade that before I traded Jaylen.

Mike

« Reply #238 on: June 15, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I get Tatum, but the Kings pick? Don't see that as untouchable at all. I'd trade that before I traded Jaylen.

Mike

They said Brown and the kings pick would be overpaying for him and they would not include it.

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2018, 10:12:54 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Hard for me to believe anything gets done one way or another until Leonard shows he is fully healthy again.