Poll

What Do You Predict Happens On Draft Day For Us?

We Just Pick Someone At #27
30 (54.5%)
We Make A BLOCKBUSTER Trade Up Into The Lottery (4-14 Range)
5 (9.1%)
We Make A Small-to-Moderate Trade Up From #27 (Into 15-26 Range)
8 (14.5%)
We Trade Down From #27 For 2nd Rounder(s), Future Pick(s) AND/OR A Current NBA Player
9 (16.4%)
We Make A Draft Day BLOCKBUSTER Trade For A Current Star Using #27 AND/OR Future Picks In Package
3 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Poll: Draft Day A Week Away!  (Read 2290 times)

Re: Poll: Draft Day A Week Away!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 07:10:17 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Ainge will try to trade into the top ten and there will be a million rumors about it and this board will be extremely busy, but in the end, nothing will happen and we'll pick at #27.

Agreed. Ainge is always known for doing due diligence. I have a feeling the Clippers will package some of their picks to move up... Would the Clippers and Grizzlies bite on the 4th pick for Parsons in exchange for Tobias Harris and Patrick Beverly and picks #12 and #13?

It would suck to eat Parsons contract, but if they are out of the running for the LeBron sweepstakes, and would allow them to rebuild considering DeAndre Jordan isn't going to sign with that team. It gives them the potential to draft a franchise player, and they could re-sign Rivers/Bradley as a young core to move forward with.

Grizzlies do it, because it gives them flexbility to upgrade positions based on 12/13th pick along with getting Beverly a defensive minded PG for backup, or to start alongside with Conley, and Harris could be slotted at their forward spot.

http://tradenba.com/trades/BJJtwY6gm

That trade would be a coup for Memphis. An absolute coup.  Get two very useful players on expirings, save $25 million next year, get two late lottery picks, and create enough space under the tax to sign Tyreke with the MLE?  All for #4??  If that happens, no one should ever mock Chris Wallace again.

Do you think it's possible? Clippers are clearly not going to contend. I think they should rebuild or re-tool. Doncic or whoever falls at 4 would be a perfect consolation prize.

Grizzlies might have to throw something else in as a sweetener, or maybe some more future picks. But it could certainly help them since their agenda is to make the playoffs.

I don’t think it’s possible, no.  I think the Clippers very much want to contend.  Their franchise history only includes like 8 playoff appearances, and they’ve never made it to the conference finals.  Ballmer paid a huge amount of money, and it wasn’t to have everybody laugh at the Clippers again.

And I think it’s a terrible value deal on top of it.  Paying $50 million for the #4 pick straight up is already tough.  Giving up other assets on top of that?  No way.

But take a look at that roster..

If Jordan leaves, which he has already implied that he will, how are you going to make the playoffs? And how much cap space would they actually have to bring in anyone? I mean look at their roster... The Donald Sterling has pretty much negated any great FA signings, and is a terrible setback for the franchise. Who wants to play with Beverly, Harris, or Gallinari? Do people even respect Doc Rivers the same anymore?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 07:24:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think Ainge will try to trade into the top ten and there will be a million rumors about it and this board will be extremely busy, but in the end, nothing will happen and we'll pick at #27.

Agreed. Ainge is always known for doing due diligence. I have a feeling the Clippers will package some of their picks to move up... Would the Clippers and Grizzlies bite on the 4th pick for Parsons in exchange for Tobias Harris and Patrick Beverly and picks #12 and #13?

It would suck to eat Parsons contract, but if they are out of the running for the LeBron sweepstakes, and would allow them to rebuild considering DeAndre Jordan isn't going to sign with that team. It gives them the potential to draft a franchise player, and they could re-sign Rivers/Bradley as a young core to move forward with.

Grizzlies do it, because it gives them flexbility to upgrade positions based on 12/13th pick along with getting Beverly a defensive minded PG for backup, or to start alongside with Conley, and Harris could be slotted at their forward spot.

That trade would be a coup for Memphis. An absolute coup.  Get two very useful players on expirings, save $25 million next year, get two late lottery picks, and create enough space under the tax to sign Tyreke with the MLE?  All for #4??  If that happens, no one should ever mock Chris Wallace again.

Do you think it's possible? Clippers are clearly not going to contend. I think they should rebuild or re-tool. Doncic or whoever falls at 4 would be a perfect consolation prize.

Grizzlies might have to throw something else in as a sweetener, or maybe some more future picks. But it could certainly help them since their agenda is to make the playoffs.

I don’t think it’s possible, no.  I think the Clippers very much want to contend.  Their franchise history only includes like 8 playoff appearances, and they’ve never made it to the conference finals.  Ballmer paid a huge amount of money, and it wasn’t to have everybody laugh at the Clippers again.

And I think it’s a terrible value deal on top of it.  Paying $50 million for the #4 pick straight up is already tough.  Giving up other assets on top of that?  No way.

If Jordan leaves, which he has already implied that he will, how are you going to make the playoffs? And how much cap space would they actually have to bring in anyone? I mean look at their roster... The Donald Sterling has pretty much negated any great FA signings, and is a terrible setback for the franchise. Who wants to play with Beverly, Harris, or Gallinari? Do people even respect Doc Rivers the same anymore?

If Jordan leaves, they stay pat this offseason and have room for two max players to team up next summer in LA, joining Gallo and Lou Williams and three lottery picks.  Parsons kills that opportunity.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 07:35:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If Jordan leaves, they stay pat this offseason and have room for two max players to team up next summer in LA, joining Gallo and Lou Williams and three lottery picks.  Parsons kills that opportunity.
And Lebron could be a free agent in 2019.

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2018, 10:45:22 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Seems like most of us are being realistic and not expecting much to happen June 21st.

It's funny considering the last few years it's like this forum was BEGGING for trades or something big to happen leading up to the Draft and then FA.  :laugh:

Kudos to Danny, the FO and CBS for putting this team together for the future!  8)

Also it seems like most mocks think we take Grayson Allen. However IMHO, while I wouldn't mind the pick if Danny likes him... let's not forget Danny has leaped a ton of praise his way, and he usually doesn't leak much praise about a player if he plans on taking him lol. Might be some smokescreen but who knows... :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
Still think we don't do much on Draft Day, but boy it will be an interesting few days leading up to it around the league, especially after the Kawhi-bombshell dropped. Like, if teams such as Clippers or Knicks or Sixers want to make an offer, they will probably have to do it soon. If they draft someone that the Spurs actually don't like (but the team making the offer never knew beforehand), then that hurts their chances a ton heading into July.