Author Topic: ESPN: Could Lakers get leonard, lbj and george?  (Read 5949 times)

Re: ESPN: Could Lakers get leonard, lbj and george?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
For those that have been following this the odds for Lebron to Lakers are now 1:4. That means if you bet 10 dollars you would win 2.50

The other team with a chance is Cleveland but if you bet 10 dollars on him playing there you would  win 27.00.

Anything else yours getting into extreme longshots with the Celtics and Philly basically tied and the Rockets a tiny bit ahead (but all very unlikely)

So that is where the action is going on it...

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2018, 05:44:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I have a friend who is a Lakers fan (LA-born as well), and he thinks the drama of trying to get Lebron and adhering to his demands is not worth the trouble anymore. Frankly, I've seen many Lakers fans express the same sentiment as well. Maybe Lebron's being a "genius" here dictating FA on his terms and pressuring LA to acquire the stars HE wants. As in, he wants Kawhi and could care less about PG13 (but if they could add PG13, that would be nice too in Lebron's mind). But if you're LAL, are you really comfortable enough to trade Ingram, Kuzma, AND Hart OR 1-2 future picks for Kawhi with no guarantee that Paul George even goes to LA (I don't think it's a slam dunk to be honest. Likely, yes, but not a certainty still). Also Lebron could care less about how he affects other teams. Look at what he left Cleveland (1st time) and Miami with when he left.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm starting to believe PG stays, but whoah, hot take, Chris Paul goes to LA. Imagine if they flip Lonzo, Ingram, salary and picks for Leonard. Sign Paul and James.

Paul/Leonard/James/Kuz/Lopez (ring chasing deal)
Hart/Wagner/Zubac and what ever

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I have a friend who is a Lakers fan (LA-born as well), and he thinks the drama of trying to get Lebron and adhering to his demands is not worth the trouble anymore. Frankly, I've seen many Lakers fans express the same sentiment as well. Maybe Lebron's being a "genius" here dictating FA on his terms and pressuring LA to acquire the stars HE wants. As in, he wants Kawhi and could care less about PG13 (but if they could add PG13, that would be nice too in Lebron's mind). But if you're LAL, are you really comfortable enough to trade Ingram, Kuzma, AND Hart OR 1-2 future picks for Kawhi with no guarantee that Paul George even goes to LA (I don't think it's a slam dunk to be honest. Likely, yes, but not a certainty still). Also Lebron could care less about how he affects other teams. Look at what he left Cleveland (1st time) and Miami with when he left.

Lebron's no fool.  He might as well stay in CLE if Leonard does not go to LA this season. George does not do it.  Lebron and George don't get past Rockets or Warriors. Of course Leonard is FA following season, but Lebron will want his best chance to compete this next season; he isn't getting younger.

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2018, 06:02:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm starting to believe PG stays, but whoah, hot take, Chris Paul goes to LA. Imagine if they flip Lonzo, Ingram, salary and picks for Leonard. Sign Paul and James.

Paul/Leonard/James/Kuz/Lopez (ring chasing deal)
Hart/Wagner/Zubac and what ever

Yep that's another possibility. That said Spurs don't want Lonzo, they want Ingram AND Kuzma. Now if you're suggesting Lonzo gets flipped somewhere else, fine, but the Spurs won't trade with the Lakers for anything less than Kuzma + Ingram.

But the other interesting part here is, with CP3 going to LAL, that WEAKENS the other threat in the West in the Rockets, so then their only real threat is Golden State.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 06:06:03 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Lebron's no fool.  He might as well stay in CLE if Leonard does not go to LA this season. George does not do it.  Lebron and George don't get past Rockets or Warriors. Of course Leonard is FA following season, but Lebron will want his best chance to compete this next season; he isn't getting younger.

Watch LeBron stay in Cleveland on a 1+1, Kawhi get traded there, then LAL waits another year for them to bolt. They lose in The Finals *again* and then Kawhi decides he doesn't like playing with LeBron =).