Author Topic: ESPN: Could Lakers get leonard, lbj and george?  (Read 5953 times)

Re: ESPN: Could Lakers get leonard, lbj and george?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What trade is more attractive to the Spurs?

Lakers:
Ingram, Kuzma, Frye, and late 1st round picks
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybpyxpk5

Celtics:
Brown, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, and the Kings 1st round pick plus other 1st round picks
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yc4mlo79

Not a serious question.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2018, 04:42:23 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Lakers:

Celtics:
Brown, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, and the Kings 1st round pick plus other 1st round picks

As much as Leonard intrigues me, that kills our depth. I think we actually get worse than better unless we know who else we can get in the off season. And thats risky.

Brown while not on the same level this year as Leonard, who knows what jump he'll make in the off season. He made a huge one last summer, tightened up his handle and his out side shot was consistent. If he gets a couple go to moves to the paint, he's getting close to Leonard, with slightly less defense. But losing Banes when we need some presents in the paint hurts, TR will be a nice back up unless we resign Smart and get Allen and his learning curve is the same as Tatum. Those two coming off the bench could be fun to watch, and other teams bench would hate to go against it.  And Morris.... Kinda depends which one shows up. LOL

I like the Depth better than having Leonard.

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Lakers:

Celtics:

As much as Leonard intrigues me, that kills our depth. I think we actually get worse than better unless we know who else we can get in the off season. And thats risky.

Brown while not on the same level this year as Leonard, who knows what jump he'll make in the off season. He made a huge one last summer, tightened up his handle and his out side shot was consistent. If he gets a couple go to moves to the paint, he's getting close to Leonard, with slightly less defense. But losing Banes when we need some presents in the paint hurts, TR will be a nice back up unless we resign Smart and get Allen and his learning curve is the same as Tatum. Those two coming off the bench could be fun to watch, and other teams bench would hate to go against it.  And Morris.... Kinda depends which one shows up. LOL

I like the depth also, but some are speculating that we're going to lose Morris and Baynes in the offseason any way...so you're really talking Brown, Rozier and the pick.

Rozier wants to be a starter apparently, which won't happen while Irving wears green (which I'm hoping is for many years to come).  So now we're down to Brown and the pick.

Losing Brown would suck...I truly value our home grown talent.  But if Ainge/CBS sign off on the deal, then I'm going to trust their judgment.  I don't believe Leonard comes to the Celtics without Ainge feeling confident that he can resign him.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2018, 07:36:16 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Lakers:

Celtics:

I like the depth also, but some are speculating that we're going to lose Morris and Baynes in the offseason any way...so you're really talking Brown, Rozier and the pick.

Rozier wants to be a starter apparently, which won't happen while Irving wears green (which I'm hoping is for many years to come).  So now we're down to Brown and the pick.

Losing Brown would suck...I truly value our home grown talent.  But if Ainge/CBS sign off on the deal, then I'm going to trust their judgment.  I don't believe Leonard comes to the Celtics without Ainge feeling confident that he can resign him.

We still have Morris next season, so it's Just BAnes, who could come back for cheap. So we would have to find a Big, and Small that can guard 1's and 2's, and a wing that can guard 3's and 4's on the SUPER cheap. Might get lucky if there are some ring chasers, but it's a huge gamble.

Plus we would look like idiots if both Irving and Leonard bolted next summer. It would be different if Irving was locked up.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2018, 07:47:14 PM »

Online byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Lakers:

Celtics:

Just swap out Baynes, as there's no reason to include him. Morris is turning into Hayward regardless, so the perceived loss of depth is entirely Rozier. Backup PGs are replaceable. We've got Smart, Larkin, #27, and any other veteran backup we can get.

Brown, Morris ==> Hayward, Kawhi
Baynes ==> keep
Rozier ==> Irving, new backup (Smart, Larkin, #27, other veteran)

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
I can't be the only one thinking this...

If LeBron goes to the Lakers then Cleveland has to start a rebuild, the roster is mostly bloated trash. If George joins him as expected then that's the SG and SF slots filled.

Wouldn't it make sense to go for UCLA alumni K Love? He'd come cheaper than Kawhi and from Clevelands perspective they get value because he sure ain't sticking in FA when LeBron is gone.

Love + Korver for Deng, Kuzma, Ingram and a pick

Makes sense right?

No. Love + Korver don't get you Kuzma, Ingram let alone a pick.

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 02:25:21 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I can't be the only one thinking this...

If LeBron goes to the Lakers then Cleveland has to start a rebuild, the roster is mostly bloated trash. If George joins him as expected then that's the SG and SF slots filled.

Wouldn't it make sense to go for UCLA alumni K Love? He'd come cheaper than Kawhi and from Clevelands perspective they get value because he sure ain't sticking in FA when LeBron is gone.

Love + Korver for Deng, Kuzma, Ingram and a pick

Makes sense right?

No. Love + Korver don't get you Kuzma, Ingram let alone a pick.

It does when you take on Dengz one of the worst contracts in the league. There is not 3rd superstar in LA without moving Deng, and there is no moving Deng without adding some serious sweeteners.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 04:28:46 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Going have a weak bench
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Going have a weak bench
Oh yeah right, Magic Johnson should just forget it, not worth it.   ;D

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Every year I have to read how the Fakers are going to land every good free agent and be a super team. Tired of this Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.! They aren't getting all those players and will be lucky to get 2 of them. Get rid of all your young talent and give yourself a 2 year window to compete go for it Fakers!!

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 09:31:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Every year I have to read how the Fakers are going to land every good free agent and be a super team. Tired of this ****! They aren't getting all those players and will be lucky to get 2 of them. Get rid of all your young talent and give yourself a 2 year window to compete go for it Fakers!!
Remember when they got Dwight and Nash? That team was stacked as and was a complete flop, lol.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
You know, it's starting to feel like this scenario might actually not happen.

According to Windhorst, Lebron is likely not going to drag this and could make a decision by July 3 or July 4 (FIREWORKS!)

So the Lakers might feel pressured to trade for Kawhi before or around then, but the Spurs and Pop may be in no "big rush" to trade Kawhi to LAL (lol). In that case, Lebron may decide to stay in CLE or go elsewhere (makes that decision sometime first week of July), and suddenly the Lakers might be back to just going hard after PG13 and not being able to add another piece. It's possible George goes to LAL and that is enough to entice Lebron to go there too, but the chances are lower than if Kawhi was traded there beforehand.

And I'm sure even if the Spurs kept Kawhi but then decided to trade him a little later, teams like the Clippers, Sixers or Knicks would still be interested in Kawhi well into July and make an offer, whereas LAL might not bother after seeing Lebron stay or go somewhere besides LAL. Or maybe they still try going after Kawhi (after signing PG13), but it'll still cost them quite a bit.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Yesterday I was convinced the Fakers would be on the outside looking in on all the big time FA's.  Then after reading a little this morning, I was just on a Cavs board and most are lamenting that LeBUM's going to the Lakers.  And on another site I saw a list of teams he's going to visit - not the C's.  I'll be glad when the LeBUM Drama that has poisoned the NBA is over.

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Please go!!!! Tired looking at him with the early games on ESPN & TNT...im in bed when West Coast games are on
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Yesterday I was convinced the Fakers would be on the outside looking in on all the big time FA's.  Then after reading a little this morning, I was just on a Cavs board and most are lamenting that LeBUM's going to the Lakers.  And on another site I saw a list of teams he's going to visit - not the C's.  I'll be glad when the LeBUM Drama that has poisoned the NBA is over.

The Lebron drama will only end when he stops dragging a team of misfits to the finals every year. Until then, he will be the center of media attention.