Author Topic: Michael Porter cancels 2nd pro day over strained hip, Huerter has hand surgery  (Read 4623 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23791268/michael-porter-jr-cancels-second-pro-day-strained-hip
Porter couldn't get out of bed because of muscle spasms, according to the sources

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23782580/draft-prospect-kevin-huerter-surgery
Expected to miss 2 months, Huerter is No. 21 in ESPN's draft analyst Jonathan Givony's most recent mock draft. A late-rising prospect on team draft boards, Huerter made a strong impression on teams at the NBA draft combine.

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd stay far away from Porter. He's cut from the same piece of glass as Greg Oden and Harry Giles..stinks because apparently he is an extremely hard working and pleasant kid.

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
What a rough break for Porter Jr.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I'd stay far away from Porter. He's cut from the same piece of glass as Greg Oden and Harry Giles..stinks because apparently he is an extremely hard working and pleasant kid.
It is 1 injury though, all related.  Now back injuries aren't your normal injuries, but it is still just 1 injury.  Oden had several different injuries and Giles has had multiple recurring injuries.  I wouldn't put Porter in with them, at least at this point.

Porter still having issues makes him much more likely to be available at a spot that Boston could reasonably get to, and I'd absolutely take the risk on him.  He was projected as the top player in the draft (by many) before his injury for a reason.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I read a report that the Kings are considering Porter over Doncic. It's either the truth and I have to ask ??? or it's a lie that can only be pinned on a dumpster organization like the Kings (on no other team, including the Sixers, would this be believable enough to print). The fact that this report actually exists is a direct result of the Kings being a completely incompetent franchise. Does anyone know the last time the Kings had a winning record? 05-06.

Here are the picks from then til now:
06: 19th Quincy Douby
07: 10th Spencer Hawes
08: 12th Jason Thompson
09: 4th Tyreke Evans
10: 5th Demarcus Cousins
11: 7th Bismack Bioyombo
12: 5th: Thomas Robinson
13: 7th: Ben McLemore
14: 8th: Nik Stauskas
15: 6th: Willie Cauley Stein
16: 13th Georgios Papagiannis
17: 5th: De'Aaron Fox

In 12 years, the only pick that they made that has any actual talent is DeMarcus Cousins. Count your lucky stars that you get the 2nd pick, take Doncic and pray that he doesn't leave you in 4 years.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:09:26 PM by Erik »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23791268/michael-porter-jr-cancels-second-pro-day-strained-hip
Porter couldn't get out of bed because of muscle spasms, according to the sources

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23782580/draft-prospect-kevin-huerter-surgery
Expected to miss 2 months, Huerter is No. 21 in ESPN's draft analyst Jonathan Givony's most recent mock draft. A late-rising prospect on team draft boards, Huerter made a strong impression on teams at the NBA draft combine.
just doing his best to make sure he's there for the C's at #27    ;)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If I was picking in the top 14 and don't have a 2nd pick to burn.... I'm staying away from Porter Jr.

I think he will to drop like no tomorrow.

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
It is 1 injury though, all related.  Now back injuries aren't your normal injuries, but it is still just 1 injury.  Oden had several different injuries and Giles has had multiple recurring injuries.  I wouldn't put Porter in with them, at least at this point.

Porter still having issues makes him much more likely to be available at a spot that Boston could reasonably get to, and I'd absolutely take the risk on him.  He was projected as the top player in the draft (by many) before his injury for a reason.

Jared Sullinger in the making!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I read a report that the Kings are considering Porter over Doncic. It's either the truth and I have to ask ??? or it's a lie that can only be pinned on a dumpster organization like the Kings (on no other team, including the Sixers, would this be believable enough to print). The fact that this report actually exists is a direct result of the Kings being a completely incompetent franchise. Does anyone know the last time the Kings had a winning record? 05-06.

In 12 years, the only pick that they made that has any actual talent is DeMarcus Cousins. Count your lucky stars that you get the 2nd pick, take Doncic and pray that he doesn't leave you in 4 years.

Management thrown out the window, imagine the team they could have right now with those draft picks the last 12 years.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Teams have been informed that Michael Porter Jr. is feeling better and MRI returned clean, with "positive review," league sources told Yahoo. Workout assessment could be rescheduled on Friday, sources said, but decision likely comes later today.

Ummm if he falls to late first, or late lottery, then I'm trading up to draft him.

Ainge has shown he isn't afraid to draft players with injury concerns especially if they end up as a steal.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Jared Sullinger in the making!
Sully produced quite well and it wasn't his back that forced him out of the league. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

There is absolutely no way they should draft MPJ over Bagley or Doncic, but... Stupid is as stupid does.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
He can't just leave in 4 years. That is what restricted free agency is for.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

After 5 years then.  That’s what qualifying offers are for, and Doncic’s will be in the $14-15 million range for one year, which is high enough to be a viable threat to force a trade after a couple of years, or just take it and leave as an unrestricted free agent.

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

After 5 years then.  That’s what qualifying offers are for, and Doncic’s will be in the $14-15 million range for one year, which is high enough to be a viable threat to force a trade after a couple of years, or just take it and leave as an unrestricted free agent.
5 at the very least, if he is willing to play on the QO and turn down a max extension or max RFA offer. And this is all assuming Doncic turns into a superstar AND the Kings still suck.

Why would the QO be so high? Due to the increase in salary cap and that it would be the #2 pick hold?
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out