Author Topic: LaVar Ball: A Guide On How to Not Coach Your Sons  (Read 7824 times)

Re: LaVar Ball: A Guide On How to Not Coach Your Sons
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
What’s wrong with this guy?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lavar-ball-thinks-wife-major-stroke-nearly-killed-can-quiet-minute-045512451.html

He's decided that publicity equals cash, whether it's good or bad. Sadly, he's probably right.

Mike
clearly he sees publicity as his job. any sort of publicity to keep the Ball name in the headlines and on people's minds is a good thing. i knew earlier from watching this farce that he had sacrificed his family on the alter of PR money.

shock value is what he displays in spades so as to keep people talking about the Balls. and let's face it, as my fingers type yet one more post about his pathetic human being, it works.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Why this guy is getting "air time" is beyond me

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Because of us.  Take yourself as an example.. You clicked on a topic about someone meaningless. And you made him meaningful full

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146

Because of us.  Take yourself as an example.. You clicked on a topic about someone meaningless. And you made him meaningful full

True.   But I meant national "air time".  Here on this forum we can talk about anyone we like - wouldn't have it any other way.... :laugh:

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2018, 10:50:27 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Same thing... We listen to podcasts about him,  watch him on TV, read posts about him. The podcast guy, the TV channel the Web admin all see what brings them views - clicks and keep publishing about him.

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2018, 11:00:25 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

well said. a tp for you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Which in turn equates the media to Lavar Ball: they will report / say anything to make a profit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes