Author Topic: Could Bamba Fall to the 6-10 range?  (Read 6465 times)

Re: Could Bamba Fall to the 6-10 range?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 01:40:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The problem with valuing our Sac pick in a trade is the 1 protection. If it falls 1, or outside top 10, may have to add another pick.

It it falls to one you get the Sixers pick, yes?

100% correct.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
According to the latest CBS mock, they have Bamba going at #9 to the Knicks:
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2018-nba-mock-draft-bamba-falls-to-knicks-sexton-and-young-battle-for-top-pg-in-latest-projection/

Rise of Zhaire Smith leads to Bamba slipping in rankings:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2018-big-board-mock-prospects-rankings-projections-mo-bamba-zhaire-smith/1mfvyadnfa5wa1muta9jfehh6j

If this happens, Bamba becomes totally gettable as both the Orlando Magic and the Chicago Bulls are looking for point guards.

What if we offered Rozier, the Clippers 1st round pick, and the #27, would that be enough to move up to 6 or 7?

If you were in Danny Ainge's shoes, would you move up for Bamba if he slipped?

Clippers pick is almost worthless - lottery protected next two years (and I think they're a lottery team), and becomes a 2022 second rounder if it doesn't convey by 2020.

To move to #6 or #7, it's going to take #27, the Sacramento and Clippers picks plus Rozier and that might not even get it done. Might need to include the Memphis pick too.

And for what it's worth (not much), I would not trade up.
Man Ainge isn't stupid

Are you sure? He offered four first rounders for Justise Winslow. You're right, he's not stupid but neither are other GMs and these draft picks aren't nearly as valuable as the majority of people think.

#6 and #7 are known value, and if we're moving up for a specific player we know is available, they become even more valuable.

Our picks are full of uncertainty and therefore less valuable. Clippers pick could be a second rounder four years from now. Decent chance the Sacramento pick could end up being the 76ers pick in the 20s. Maybe next years draft class will be top heavy or weak. So many variables.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 02:13:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can understand why Bamba is falling. Andre Drummond fell in his draft too. Defensive bigs that have the likelihood to be offensively limited will fall in the draft. They just aren't as valuable in today's NBA.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2018, 02:15:55 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Mo Bamba will be the best big man in this draft in 5 years. I will make a thread explaining why later.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 02:18:53 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I looooooove Bamba.  But nope, you don't give up both Rozier and the Sac pick for him.  The Kings suck and there's just as good a chance they pick #2 again next year as anything else.

A year from now, a # 2 pick plus established young Celtic stud/s plus other pick/s starts to look better and better to the Pelicans...who will be a year further into their lose-him-for-nothing panic.

Worst case the Celtics don't land Bamba and get Philly's pick next year, but at least still have Rozier for next year's championship run.

Okay though, others have mentioned a contingency plan if Rozier is lost through trade....I'd like to know that plan and then maybe I'd give up the Sac pick too....  example:  does Ainge think that a guy like Brunson can replace Rozier behind Kyrie next year? 

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'd trade Rozier and the Sac pick for Bamba or Carter.  We don't know where the Sac pick will land.  We are set at point guard and wings.  I'd like a young big and this is the year to get one.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:50:55 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'd trade Rozier and the Sac pick for Bamba or Carter.  We don't know where the Sac pick will land.  We are set at point guard and wings.  I'd like a young big and this is the year to get one.

I agree. And while we can always count on Sacramento to suck, I'm not sure where their suckitude will get them next year, given the "quality" of the competition at the bottom.

Mike

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I’d do the Sac pick and Rozier for him. I just do t know enough about the 2019 draft class to be that comfortable passing on a guy like Bamba. We could get the #2 pick or #26. Or maybe #10. If Ainge thinks he’s going to move/lose Rozier within the next year, I wouldn’t think twice about this.

He would replace Baynes.

Resign Smart and Larkin.

Irving/Larkin
Brown/Smart
Hayward/Morris
Tatum/Theis
Horford/Bamba

Use #27 to draft BPA.

And we’d still have the (taxpayer) MLE to bring in a scoring guard off the bench.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

I agree. And while we can always count on Sacramento to suck, I'm not sure where their suckitude will get them next year, given the "quality" of the competition at the bottom.

Mike

I’m not sure where I stand on Bamba, but to secure Carter Jr or Jackson Jr I’d include the Clips pick. I think Carter Jr, a guard at 27, Smart and a vet min but solid FA PG would replace Roziers production just fine as long as Kyrie doesn’t get hurt.

But if Kyrie gets hurt, I don’t think it matters if we have Rozier or not if/when we make it to GS.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Mo Bamba will be the best big man in this draft in 5 years. I will make a thread explaining why later.

Please do :).

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Mike

I’m not sure where I stand on Bamba, but to secure Carter Jr or Jackson Jr I’d include the Clips pick. I think Carter Jr, a guard at 27, Smart and a vet min but solid FA PG would replace Roziers production just fine as long as Kyrie doesn’t get hurt.

But if Kyrie gets hurt, I don’t think it matters if we have Rozier or not if/when we make it to GS.

TP. My thoughts exactly.  Plus with Hayward back, Brown will get a lot of minutes at shooting guard lessening the need for Rozier if we still have Smart.

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
The only 2 teams I see as potential partners to trade up would be Chicago and New York. I think it would take Rozier, #27, and Sac pick for #7 or #9. Plus if Sacramento pick lands #1 then Chicago or New York would get the Philly pick plus the Memphis pick. And the only way they do that is if they're not in love with any prospect at #7 or #9, and they really believe in Rozier.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 06:21:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am sure he is dropping a little because folks are seeing the obvious, he needs to work on his strength and lower body a great deal.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 06:28:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The only 2 teams I see as potential partners to trade up would be Chicago and New York. I think it would take Rozier, #27, and Sac pick for #7 or #9. Plus if Sacramento pick lands #1 then Chicago or New York would get the Philly pick plus the Memphis pick. And the only way they do that is if they're not in love with any prospect at #7 or #9, and they really believe in Rozier.

I think Orlando is absolutely a target if Trey Young is off the board.

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I think Orlando is absolutely a target if Trey Young is off the board.

Intentional pun?