Beyond the Association > Other Basketball

What level of women's team could a powerhouse boy's high school team beat?

(1/4) > >>

Eja117:
I generally consider Oak Hill Academy the premiere boys high school team in the country. On the radio the other day they said the UConn women couldn't beat a boy's high school team.  I wanted to get the consensus on that.

gouki88:
I think a really high level high school team could take on almost any women's team, besides maybe an All-WNBA team or something.

I remember when I was younger (high school), I played a few pick-up games with Liz Cambage (she's sort of a friend of a friend, and a couple of years my elder).
Now she's certainly talented, but she was one of the biggest and most physically imposing female basketballers in her prime. Despite being 3 or 4 inches taller than me, I was able to pretty easily defend her in the post.
And I'm not trying to say I'm anything to write home - in fact, basically the opposite. I'm not a good basketballer by any measure really.

But what I'm trying to say is that the physical differences between men and women are just too much to overcome, even late in puberty. Get a guy like Zion Williamson defended by someone like Maya Moore, and she's really got no hope of stopping him. The strength and length of men would be too much for almost any women's team to handle, IMO

Eja117:
I just had a hard time imagining a 16 year old kid beating up on a prime 25 year old WNBA all star.

If you look at the list of Oak Hill alumni.....it's not thaaaaaatt impressive. And many of those guys go on to pretty ho hum college careers.

gouki88:

--- Quote from: eja117 on June 13, 2018, 08:46:12 AM ---I just had a hard time imagining a 16 year old kid beating up on a prime 25 year old WNBA all star.

If you look at the list of Oak Hill alumni.....it's not thaaaaaatt impressive. And many of those guys go on to pretty ho hum college careers.

--- End quote ---
I don't know what woman could defend Keldon Johnson. The men's game is so much more vertical (in terms of literally how high players can routinely get) that they're incomparable, really

Eja117:

--- Quote from: gouki88 on June 13, 2018, 08:48:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: eja117 on June 13, 2018, 08:46:12 AM ---I just had a hard time imagining a 16 year old kid beating up on a prime 25 year old WNBA all star.

--- End quote ---
I don't know what woman could defend Keldon Johnson. The men's game is so much more vertical (in terms of literally how high players can routinely get) that they're incomparable, really

--- End quote ---
Double teams.  Get Brad Stevens in there to teach defense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version