Author Topic: So if you had to be married to a TV wife who would it be? (No reality shows)  (Read 14448 times)

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Cersei Lannister

Ouch....
Come on she's the best so far. For like 15+ years she let her husband sleep with other women and drink nonstop. Even when he got fat and was abusive she stayed with him. Add if /when her husband was in debt he borrowed millions from her rich daddy. Cersei #1
and then she killed him and she fathered children with her twin brother.
He had enough kids with other women, what's a few step kids.. She did him a favor ending things after his prime past he was a fighter and when he left was still strong and adventurous. That's love

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
I know it's wrong, but, can I marry Mindy?

Kaling or Mork's?

No...and Yes...but dang it, Mark Harmon beat me to it.

:)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I am a little old school.

Samantha Stephens (Elizabeth Montgomery, Bewitched)

Second choice is Laura Petrie (Mary Tyler Moore).

If Samantha Stephens still has her same mother, no way.

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
3. Bernadette Rostenkowski-Wolowitz from Big Bang Theory

Absolutely not.

14 Claire Huxtable on the Cosby Show

Can't even stand to watch that show on re-runs, now, so no.

Daphne from Frasier for me ;D

I hate Frasier Crane ;D.

Jess from New Girl (they got married in the end!)

YES - TP. She's awesome.

Desperate Housewives? Throw a dart. Eva Longoria......drops the mic....

At the time of that show - absolutely. TP.

Hmmm, tough call here.  taking into account the wife's personality somewhat.  my limited exposure to TV shows in the past 10-15 years

- Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory

Absolutely not. Cannot stand women like her.

-Trudy Campbell - Mad Men
-Debra Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond
-Polly Cooper - Major Dad
-Jane Mancini - Melrose Place
someone said Betty Draper earlier.  Trudy Campbell is a significantly better option than Betty Draper. Megan Calvet too.  Draper is just chain smoking ice queen.

Alison Brie - YES. TPs for the both of you.

Lily Aldrin - How I Met Your Mother.

A wife that will allow me to hang out at bar, lets me have a lap dance with a stripper that looks like her, and would just be full on supportive the rest of the way? I'm sold. Plus, she's a redhead. NICE!

Although, I might not like the sharing the toothbrush thing...

While I never watched more than a season or two of that show, Lily was always my favorite character on the program, by far. Never understood all of the commotion about Robin when Allison Hannigan is/was...smuldering ;) ::) ;D *groan*.

Not sure that I agree about the bar and stripper parts of your description, tho, lol ;D, but TP, anyway :) ;D.

Lily Aldrin - How I Met Your Mother.

A wife that will allow me to hang out at bar, lets me have a lap dance with a stripper that looks like her, and would just be full on supportive the rest of the way? I'm sold. Plus, she's a redhead. NICE!

Although, I might not like the sharing the toothbrush thing...
That is a good one and I think hits the real premise of what this thread should be. 

Monica Geller Bing came to mind for me immediately.  I think she might have been a little too neurotic for me, but if I could get past that (or find it cute), she would have been a great wife.  Cooks, cleans, lets me hang out with friends, has her own career, wants children and is good with them, etc.

God, no.

Claire Huxtable.

Sigh.

Cersei Lannister

Arguably the worst pick in here. Hopefully you’re joking, such a terrible character (and not my cup of tea aesthetically).

Khalisi on the other hand.... she’s my pick.

Lol ;D. I'm certainly down for Daenerys, tho ;D. Ygritte and Margaery Tyrell aren't exactly bad choices, either, btw, imo ;).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:37:06 PM by Beat LA »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
Gloria(Sophia Vergara) = Modern Family

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
No way am I picking a GoT wife. Chances are 100% that either she or I (or both) die prematurely.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Hmmm, tough call here.  taking into account the wife's personality somewhat.  my limited exposure to TV shows in the past 10-15 years

much different now than when she was just dating Leonard.  I'll take her gladly as I would any of the others I listed

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

-Trudy Campbell - Mad Men
-Debra Barone - Everybody Loves Raymond
-Polly Cooper - Major Dad
-Jane Mancini - Melrose Place
Debra barone would be the LAST one on my list .
Devorce after one day!

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
No way am I picking a GoT wife. Chances are 100% that either she or I (or both) die prematurely.

Couples have a very short shelf life in GOT!

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

much different now than when she was just dating Leonard.  I'll take her gladly as I would any of the others I listed

Fair enough. Still don't like her, though :-\.

Couples Characters have very short shelf lives in GOT!

Fixed ;D.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Too many to choose from...I'll just stick with Marrying Catwoman from Batman.

While I don't think she was a tv wife I think this actress actually held a patent

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I just went through a bizarre and unexpected rabbit hole because I admire Mrs. Ingals on Little House on the Prairie. But if you go to the wiki TV series and you start poking around you end up linking to the actual historical people, and there's the child TV stars ...like Jason Bateman played a boy adopted after his parents were crushed by a wagon wheel....and oh man. This is a lot of work and stuff.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Claire Huxtable on the Cosby Show

Because you disliked the show originally, or because Bill Cosby is a terrible deviant?

I think the Cosby Show is one of the best family programs of all time, and it's shattering that the lead is such a disgusting criminal.  Claire Huxtable, the fictional character, is an admirable woman. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Claire Huxtable on the Cosby Show

Because you disliked the show originally, or because Bill Cosby is a terrible deviant?

I think the Cosby Show is one of the best family programs of all time, and it's shattering that the lead is such a disgusting criminal.  Claire Huxtable, the fictional character, is an admirable woman.
I am eja and I approve this message

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
With some time to think this over I think I'd go with Alice Kramden. 

Yup