Author Topic: Kyrie: "extension doesnt make sense until next year," talks lebron joining C's  (Read 3628 times)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Who in their right mind would leave $90M for the good of the team anyways lol.

NBA is a business after all- as usual.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

If Kyrie were eligible for a no-trade clause, maybe.  But signing an extension at a 1/3 discount means it’s that much more likely he’d be traded.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

true

Plus Kyrie waived the trade kicker when he was traded. He didn’t need to but he did it most likely as an act of good will. If it was only about money he wouldn’t have done that

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The amount of money that these guys make is cartoonishly absurd, imo. Like, at what point does a person have enough cash?

Christ, I wouldn't even know what to do with even a fraction of these kinds of salaries save for giving most of it to charity, lol ;D.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
The amount of money that these guys make is cartoonishly absurd, imo. Like, at what point does a person have enough cash?

Christ, I wouldn't even know what to do with even a fraction of these kinds of salaries save for giving most of it to charity, lol ;D.

It is, but if you were like most people you’d figure out what to do with it if you had it.  Multiple large homes and exotic cars seem to be the common, with maybe a boat or a plane.  Also clothing and accessories (jewelry).

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

It is, but if you were like most people you’d figure out what to do with it if you had it.  Multiple large homes and exotic cars seem to be the common, with maybe a boat or a plane.  Also clothing and accessories (jewelry).

Definitely not, lol ;D.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

the owners probably make more lol

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

the owners probably make more lol

Right? Honestly, what do they do with all dat dough, lol? ;D

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
These quotes do nothing but pump me up
The only color that matters is GREEN

Offline sawick48

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
The bad news is that he really seems to care about money. The good news? He really cares about money - meaning he will likely want to take the 5 yr/$188M deal from us rather than a 4 yr/$140M deal from another team. At the very worst, we should expect him to sign and then force his way out. Getting no assets for Kyrie should he desire to move on would be pretty devastating.

My concern is that he will want to sign a 2+1 player option deal so that he can get the 35% max as soon as he’s able in 2020.  That new deal would kick in as Jaylen’s new deal kicks in and we’re extending Tatum.  5 years at the 30% max would indeed be good news.

It's should be more than a concern, it's probably very likely his plan.

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Cap will rise (albeit slowly) in the next few years. It only make sense that he waits until his contract expires. Salary cap in 2020 is 108m with luxury tax at 123m

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
The important thing to realize is that waiting a year makes sense even if he wants to stay. Total nothing burger story - everyone in the Celtics org already knew an extension made no sense.

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Kyrie is a really reserved person so this press conference and his answers, his attitude, doesn't really strikes me as something. He is a little different then most of the people, he's very creative obviously, he's not impressed with all nba hoopla, he's calm and that sometimes is enough for the media and fans to react and view him differently.

From what I see on the court, I like him very much. He's an extraordinary player, one in the generation type of player, and when you have one of those players you stick with him. You respect him. And that what I think is Danny and ownership are doing. They will respect his decision. They obviously talk, and tehy know what kind of player he is and what he brings to the table. And they respect that.

Firts of, nobody dislikes the money, especially that kind of money, so to view his comments like he really only cares about the money is not fair. This is business o/c.

Why don't we look at his decision as: okay, I will get healthy, I will get my strenghts back, work on my game, be better player and a better leader of this ballclub, prove myself that I can lead this team to the championship and then I will talk about my extension. Wouldn't this be fair? I think it would. Is it more risk for him to? Yes it is.

Overall, I hope he stays here long-term, cose I really like him at the helm of this young team. People forget how good he is, and that with healthy Theis and Larkin we would probably still be playing b ball. What about this team with healthy, in prime Kyrie, Gordon, Jaylen, Jason, Al and others? wow, just wow...

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
He's clever guy, respects everybody and is focused on Celtics. Why in a world would he talk about extension this summer when he knows the difference from this summer and next summer, Danny knows it, Wyc knows it, everybody knows. So let's just delete this topic.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Gotta invest to keep building that money! And save a portion of your own spending too but don't go too crazy with it  :P

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)