Poll

How Would You React?

Ecstatic! Monitoring Updates All Day And "Hoping Good Things Come Out Of It"
12 (41.4%)
I Simply Wouldn't Care That Day And "Hope For The Worst". Would Go On With Life And Wouldn't Even Bother Thinking About It At All
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: IF Lebron Came Here For A Meeting, How Would You React That Day?  (Read 4173 times)

Re: IF Lebron Came Here For A Meeting, How Would You React That Day?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If LeBron came for a meeting, obviously I’d play it cool and take him to Chipotle.

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2018, 07:52:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Puke in my mouth from disgust.

If LeBron comes here, Kevin Love needs to come here too (according to him, "I want to play with LeBron for the rest of my career). Dang follower lol.

Adding Love would make us a pretender not a contender...

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If LeBron came for a meeting, obviously I’d play it cool and take him to Chipotle.

*Walks in*

- Kyrie is also inside -

*Intense stares all around*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2018, 08:29:24 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Danny Ainge agrees 100x with this. But he's not paying for the extra guac.

« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I think Danny would pay for extra Quac, if it doesn't count against the cap.

« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2018, 09:04:26 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I would wonder if we were looking for a new coach and Gm?

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lebron to the Lakers. That is my confident prediction. Not all about the team. More about life after hoops, his kid is rumored to be enrolled in Sierra Cannon prep school. Has a home there already and the Lakers will give him complete control of that team. Ball domination for him.

When Lebron says he has no idea where yet, he is full of crap.

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2018, 10:19:05 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2018, 10:27:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I think Danny would pay for extra Quac, if it doesn't count against the cap.

My avocado don't...my avocado don't...my avocado don't want guac unless you got dem chips ;) ;D.

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2018, 01:18:24 AM »

Offline BlastFromThePast

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 78

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2018, 01:54:11 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
It depends on what is given up. Does he sign for the minimum to win another few titles or are we dumping a max contract? The latter would concern me.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2018, 04:22:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It depends on what is given up. Does he sign for the minimum to win another few titles or are we dumping a max contract? The latter would concern me.
Can you imagine LBJ coming here on the minimum? Oh man, that would troll the Lakers so much more than I could ever dream of
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2018, 10:31:01 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I will absolutely be excited if Lebron came to Boston for a meeting. However, like I previously mentioned in another thread, I don’t even want the meeting to happen if Kyrie doesn’t approve.

I can’t see how Danny trades one of their 3 max guys to make a sign and trade work. Al seems too much of an integral part of the team, and big men like him are rare. Trading Hayward would be on another level of being cold hearted, even for Danny. Something like that would not only alarm other free agents, but the Celtics fans, and the locker room. I also don’t think Danny will trade an in his prime elite player like Kyrie. A lot had to fall in place to get Kyrie to Boston, and I don’t see Danny giving him away for any 33 year old player.

For the past week or so, I have read how Durant and Draymond Green have sacrificed financially to be a part of the Warriors team, just so they can keep the team together to win titles. With LeBron already worth over $440 million, does he think about taking less money to join a team in a ready to win now mode, who also has a good coaching staff, a solid front office, and a stable ownership group? Will he be willing to take the MLE, or do a sign and trade for a reduced rate? For instance, could he sign for around $10 million per year, in a sign and trade that includes Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier? In this scenario, Danny would retain the MLE to possibly keep Baynes.

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2018, 04:04:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I will absolutely be excited if Lebron came to Boston for a meeting. However, like I previously mentioned in another thread, I don’t even want the meeting to happen if Kyrie doesn’t approve.

I can’t see how Danny trades one of their 3 max guys to make a sign and trade work. Al seems too much of an integral part of the team, and big men like him are rare. Trading Hayward would be on another level of being cold hearted, even for Danny. Something like that would not only alarm other free agents, but the Celtics fans, and the locker room. I also don’t think Danny will trade an in his prime elite player like Kyrie. A lot had to fall in place to get Kyrie to Boston, and I don’t see Danny giving him away for any 33 year old player.

For the past week or so, I have read how Durant and Draymond Green have sacrificed financially to be a part of the Warriors team, just so they can keep the team together to win titles. With LeBron already worth over $440 million, does he think about taking less money to join a team in a ready to win now mode, who also has a good coaching staff, a solid front office, and a stable ownership group? Will he be willing to take the MLE, or do a sign and trade for a reduced rate? For instance, could he sign for around $10 million per year, in a sign and trade that includes Jaylen Brown and Terry Rozier? In this scenario, Danny would retain the MLE to possibly keep Baynes.

Danny: "Hey Lebron. Sign with MLE, win 3-4 more rings here, and sign a lot of endorsements here to make even more $$$. Win-win for every single person involved"

;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2018, 04:14:25 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Why would LeBron ever take the MLE, and if so, why not go to the Rockets?

I believe we're over the tax, and therefore would not work.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:20:29 PM by Monkhouse »
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different