Poll

How Would You React?

Ecstatic! Monitoring Updates All Day And "Hoping Good Things Come Out Of It"
12 (41.4%)
I Simply Wouldn't Care That Day And "Hope For The Worst". Would Go On With Life And Wouldn't Even Bother Thinking About It At All
17 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: IF Lebron Came Here For A Meeting, How Would You React That Day?  (Read 4174 times)

Re: IF Lebron Came Here For A Meeting, How Would You React That Day?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 05:28:23 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it is the Lakers, has always been the Lakers and things are already in motion. Think LA has been the plan for over a year now. The interesting thing will be who they get with him.

Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, are all staying...Randall is a goner...Can the get CP3 and George with
James?

Can someone explain to me how LAL can add George, Lebron... AND CP3?

I've seen folks suggest it but frankly I'd be shocked if they can add all three and keep even 2 of Ingram/Ball/Kuzma. The idea is that they move Deng's contract in some way to fit them all in, but for that to happen they'd probably have to put one of the trio into a trade package, or even two of the trio.

And then you already assume Randle, IT and a few others are likely gone.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Every team has to listen if James comes calling. I like the guy. He's still the best player, no doubt. But his dominant years are probably behind him, and you have to be careful about changing your team too radically to accommodate him. That's why the safest bet is he listens to his family and stays in Cleveland.

He stays in Cleveland it will be for the money and to play out the rest of his years there. He will not win the East again and will not beat the Celtics, Pacers or Sixers.

That roster is putrid. LA makes the most sense because his family lives there in the summer and James produces several TV shows. Still can win there and can add other max players and basically can run that team on and off the floor

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Wonder if taking him to Fenway that day would be a good idea? 

Hopefully they're on the road that week! :)

He’s an alleged Yankees fan.

Yankees / Cowboys / Lakers. Who does that?

Well, better a Cowboys fan than a Browns fan these days I guess  :P

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 06:09:27 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If LeBron comes here, Kevin Love needs to come here too (according to him, "I want to play with LeBron for the rest of my career). Dang follower lol.

That means gutting a few of our players that already makes this roster a contender.

So no, I hope LeBron goes to the Lakers. I have a bunch of friends who are Lakers fans and I'd love to see their reaction to him there because some of them also hate LBJ and are diehard Kobe fans lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 06:11:55 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Really depends on what they have to give up...

I do not want to see Hayward sent out, nor Kyrie.

Prefer it would be Al.

But no way he comes to Boston IMO

same here. if we get him i am ok with al going. NOt kyrie or GH.

it won't happen anyway so nothing to fret over.

lets move on with our core and seeking upgrades where we can even if it is end of bench
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 06:12:52 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Wicked sad.  I'd be wicked sad all day, maybe even two.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How would I react?

I'd break into the meeting and do everything I can to persuade LeBron to go sign somewhere else.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:01 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Every team has to listen if James comes calling. I like the guy. He's still the best player, no doubt. But his dominant years are probably behind him, and you have to be careful about changing your team too radically to accommodate him. That's why the safest bet is he listens to his family and stays in Cleveland.

He stays in Cleveland it will be for the money and to play out the rest of his years there. He will not win the East again and will not beat the Celtics, Pacers or Sixers.

That roster is putrid. LA makes the most sense because his family lives there in the summer and James produces several TV shows. Still can win there and can add other max players and basically can run that team on and off the floor

if he wants a real shot at knocking off the dubs he comes to Boston or Houston.  if money is not a factor.  yeah i know. but boston and houston are the next best teams behind the dubs.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:14 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I love to hate Lebron too much to ever cheer for him. His arrogance is annoying, and his free agency antics have changed the complexion of present day free agency in the NBA for the worst.

I would much rather beat him at his own game with our team which was built the right way.....solid drafting, free agency, and fleecing inferior GM’s.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
How would I react?

I'd break into the meeting and do everything I can to persuade LeBron to go sign somewhere else.

*Walks into meeting*

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 06:31:02 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think it is the Lakers, has always been the Lakers and things are already in motion. Think LA has been the plan for over a year now. The interesting thing will be who they get with him.

Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, are all staying...Randall is a goner...Can the get CP3 and George with
James?

Ball would be a terrible fit next to LeBron. And would LeBron want to deal with Lavar?

If he goes to LA (my guess would be with CP3), Ball probably gets moved for a veteran big.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 07:12:38 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

James?

Ball would be a terrible fit next to LeBron. And would LeBron want to deal with Lavar?

If he goes to LA (my guess would be with CP3), Ball probably gets moved for a veteran big.

I feel like folks who think they can simply deal Ball and/or Deng in a trade somewhere are going to get hit with reality when they realize no one wants them at all. You kind of have to move Kuzma or Ingram in a package if you want to get rid of Deng's contract since LAL has no high picks coming up (and I highly doubt the other team wants Ball and his drama as "added compensation" either).

Also LAL with CP3 and Lebron still ain't beating Warriors out West, or even the Spurs if Leonard stays put and is healthy.

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No Lebron, period.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

James?

I feel like folks who think they can simply deal Ball and/or Deng in a trade somewhere are going to get hit with reality when they realize no one wants them at all. You kind of have to move Kuzma or Ingram in a package if you want to get rid of Deng's contract since LAL has no high picks coming up (and I highly doubt the other team wants Ball and his drama as "added compensation" either).

Also LAL with CP3 and Lebron still ain't beating Warriors out West, or even the Spurs if Leonard stays put and is healthy.

I agree that they would need to add more (such as Ingram/Kuzma/picks) to Ball and/or Deng to get someone good, they should.

I don’t think Ball is such a distraction. He doesn’t bring drama himself, it’s his father and a team can very reel him in if they have to. If a package can bring someone legit and they get solid vet-min guys, they could challenge GSW. Maybe it’s not CP3 but PG13, but then trade for someone like Lowry. Don’t see him going to LA to play with Ball.

LeBron would agree to LA with the understanding a third star gets brought in at any cost.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 07:48:22 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
How would I react?

*Walks into meeting*

I think this only happens if DA asks Lebron if he would like any Chipotle. :P