Author Topic: Durant: “I want to retire in 5 years”  (Read 5393 times)

Re: Durant: “I want to retire in 5 years”
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 07:40:31 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
The game is a grind and staying on top performing is a lot of work and pressure. I'd rather a guy retire early than not have his heart into it hanging around just simply collecting checks. We seen a bunch of guys bust their butts in contract years just for the guaranteed contract then stop giving effort. KD is at least not that.
TP.
KD uncensored - respect.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The game is a grind and staying on top performing is a lot of work and pressure. I'd rather a guy retire early than not have his heart into it hanging around just simply collecting checks

Imagine how much harder it is on a non-loaded team...

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
good ****

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Plays 15+ years at an elite level, wins 2+ Finals MVP and 2+ championships as the best player on the best team in the league, wins 1+ MVP award, makes hundreds of millions of dollars ...

yeah, totally a quitter.

Lol. Took the words right out of my mouth.

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 08:16:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I know we are worse without him, but I'm glad he didn't come here.  It would have forced me to again root for a player I absolutely despised (KG was the other).
you despised kd before the decision?

and why did you hate KG?

he was a fighter with a garbage cast in Minnesota

but you love lebron?

what am i missing?
yeah I never liked Durant in OKC. He always just seemed phoney to me. Tried to act like the good guy and always let Russ take the brunt of everything whike he sjated by and then when he got any criticism acted like someone killed hia family.  Always just a phoney to me.  The extent of his arrogance and pettiness is on full display in the Bay.

As for KG he is and always has been the biggest prick on the court. I just don't like the way he would go after rookies or backups like he was a tough guy and he never went after vets.  Just a real **** on the court.

But you like Lebron? His phoniness and whinning doesn't bother you?

I respect Lebron as an all-time great player, but he's a phony as a leader, throws his teammates under the bus, never admits any blame for anything, intimidates his teammates and refs, whines after almost every play, and forces the front offices of his teams into bad decisions.
everyone whines. You wouldn't like anyone if you didn't like whiners.  James doesn't come off as phoney to me.  I think that is exactly who he is.  He isn't a sociopath like  KD or a fake tough guy bully like KG.
LOL, if James doesn’t come off as phoney to you there’s nothing really to say. Your assessment of KG is also pretty hilarious
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 08:46:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Plays 15+ years at an elite level, wins 2+ Finals MVP and 2+ championships as the best player on the best team in the league, wins 1+ MVP award, makes hundreds of millions of dollars ...

yeah, totally a quitter.
is 2+ championships an accomplishment when it’s after joining 73-9 team? I don’t know many nba fans online or offline  who respect his championships? Also curry played better

And he’s a quitter because he doesn’t want to go after the records when he’s in a position to be able to do it

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 09:13:38 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

yeah, totally a quitter.
is 2+ championships an accomplishment when it’s after joining 73-9 team? I don’t know many nba fans online or offline  who respect his championships? Also curry played better

And he’s a quitter because he doesn’t want to go after the records when he’s in a position to be able to do it
The records and legacy talk is so annoying nowadays.  Nobody talked about legacy even 15 years ago and even 3 or 4 years it was never like it is now.  People retire, they always did.  Jordan was still awesome when he retired the first two times.  He could have put a lot of records out of reach.  He didn’t care.  Karl Malone could have been the NBA’s alltime leading scorer and passed Kareem.  He retired.  I respect someone who just focuses on whether they want to keep playing.  They don’t owe it to the fans to chase records.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 09:22:27 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I know we are worse without him, but I'm glad he didn't come here.  It would have forced me to again root for a player I absolutely despised (KG was the other).

and why did you hate KG?

but you love lebron?

what am i missing?
yeah I never liked Durant in OKC. He always just seemed phoney to me. Tried to act like the good guy and always let Russ take the brunt of everything whike he sjated by and then when he got any criticism acted like someone killed hia family.  Always just a phoney to me.  The extent of his arrogance and pettiness is on full display in the Bay.

As for KG he is and always has been the biggest prick on the court. I just don't like the way he would go after rookies or backups like he was a tough guy and he never went after vets.  Just a real **** on the court.
i see what u mean about KD

but KG went after vets too

(more so as a celtic)

got up in dwight's face

gave lebron crap too

i freakin love KG, ha
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 09:26:04 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
5 more years gives him just enough time to breeze past Jordan's 6 titles.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 10:14:55 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I was just going to say, with these comments, at least you have your answer, theoretically, concerning the question about the possible duration/timeline of Golden State's run :-\.

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 10:27:03 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I think this could make sense. KD is very active on the business side. I think he and Lebron will both build legacies as business men. They are already both all time greats. Their high-end potential on the basketball court is largely unrivaled by the rest of the NBA going back to the 60's. When everything is said and done, KD will be top 10 all time and Lebron will be top 3 (if he isn't already).

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 10:38:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Except that means Curry will have more titles than either of them.

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2018, 12:24:26 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Can one imagine Steph Curry having 8 rings?  :o

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:18 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

and why did you hate KG?

but you love lebron?

what am i missing?

But you like Lebron? His phoniness and whinning doesn't bother you?

I respect Lebron as an all-time great player, but he's a phony as a leader, throws his teammates under the bus, never admits any blame for anything, intimidates his teammates and refs, whines after almost every play, and forces the front offices of his teams into bad decisions.

I believe Moranis is a Cavs fan who infiltrated CB and even got to be a mod. All his posts clearly show that.

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2018, 04:20:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Can one imagine Steph Curry having 8 rings?  :o
That would be insane. Mostly insane because there's almost no chance it happens
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)