"Shy". Remember this name. Everyone has him in the 11-15 range. He's a top 4 talent.
- elite 6-6 size, 7' wingspan, B+ athlete
- can play and defend either guard spot, B defender
- elite finisher with either hand: floaters, scoop shots, high bankers, lefty dunks in traffic, pull-ups, finger rolls with either hand, world-class euro-step, stops on a dime with A+ body control
- A+ IQ and composure
- Solid playmaker, decent vision but better as an attacker, creates out of PnR
- 40% 3pt shooter, but excels as a mid-range jump shooter, prob not a volume NBA 3pt threat right away
- excellent in transition
- Great pedigree, mom's an olympic track athlete. Smart, grounded kid, high character, strong family background. Dad taught him from 3 years old. Plays by instinct, superb feel for the game.
- unselfish, highly competitive, winner
Everything about this kid's game translates. He'll be a better pro than a college player. If he's not better than Luka Doncic, I'll eat my shorts.
TP for the passion! It was upsetting to me that after years of having clear draft preferences I spent the last two drafts not knowing what I wanted. Finally, just in the last 3 days, I have returned to my previous all knowing self. I have fallen in love with a player and I want Danny to do whatever it takes to get him...even if we had to give up Kyrie and accept Lebron into the Celtics family (I've spent his entire career loathing him...I finally softened....my hate has ended).
So the player I've fallen for is Mo Bamba (to go with my later draft binkie Khyri Thomas).
Since I have no cap knowledge...I often create ideas that while they work in the trade checker are not really feasible financially. So here is another one, which gets us into Bamba territory.
Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Morris and any salary throw-ins (not quality players) and pick 27
for Lebron and pick 8. Draft Mo Bamba. If Chicago takes him, trade Rozier and Wendell Carter for Dunn (or something) and Bamba. If Orlando takes him, trade Rozier and the guy at 8 for X plus Bamba. Both Chicago and Orlando have shown interest in Rozier in the past. This would mean starting Smart (perfect next to Lebron and Hayward) and getting another PG as backup (unless you could get Dunn, then you could start Dunn). Dunn has a significant injury history while Rozier has been all health. In any case, another PG could be added if necessary. It would not be Rozier and 8 for Bamba. We'd have to get back something else too....(the higher Bamba is picked the less we get back of course)
But if all goes well and Bamba is there at 8, or we can keep Rozier and move up with a future pick instead of giving up Rozier (much better!)
Rozier, Smart, Larkin
Hayward, Smart, Bird
Tatum, Lebron, Hayward, Ojeleye
Lebron, Tatum, Theis, Yabusele, Ojeleye
Horford, Bamba, Theis, Yabusele
With no knowledge of the cap: I'm interested in free agents Aaron Baynes and Avery Bradley, the latter being a substitute if we are priced out of Smart and Bradley is cheaper...
Back to Shai Gilgeous Alexander!
I like your bold prediction....you did a good sales job. It's not hard to imagine he becomes a top 6 player from this draft....does seem to have it all. A 3 point shot away from stardom..
Second TP, for falling in love!