Author Topic: Why canít we hate men? (Washington Post Article)  (Read 1955 times)

Re: Why canít we hate men? (Washington Post Article)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 01:03:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 31
Pretty sure she means " we actually have pretty good reason to hate men", i.e look at history.

Can't see anything in the article itself particularly objectionable..

"Catchy, provocative headline offends snowflake". Yawn.
Rofl. Ridiculous

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 01:06:08 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1176
I also find it interesting how the conversations pivot. For the last few years youíre called sexist for noticing that feminism is turning into an outright hatred of men. Then Suddenly in the paper of record, feminism is coming out and saying exactly that.

This isn't "feminism" any more than the tiki-torch carrying guys at Charlottesville are "conservatism."

I also don't believe this woman a liberal; she's left. Those of us old enough to remember the 1960s and 1970s know the difference.

This is the entire thread. It isnít an Ďarticleí in the Ďpaper of recordí. Itís an op ed piece from someone with a fringe opinion thatís being used as a broad brush to draw far reaching and in accurate premises.

There was a member of the state legislature in NY who proposed banning archery and marksmen clubs in high schools. More than a few conservatives I know used this as a platform for Ďlook how unreasonable my opponents are!í However, not a single other sponsor came forward when the bill was proposed. Nobody left
Or right wants it besides this lady, but because it furthers a disingenuous narrative of broader leftist extremism it got way more attention than it deserved.

This thread is about an opinion piece. Not a manifesto widely embraced.

Yeah, I'm no fan of the "see they're all so and so" ploy.

I can't imagine this person's views represent any larger movement.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 01:36:53 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 364
Pretty sure she means " we actually have pretty good reason to hate men", i.e look at history.

There's no such thing as a good reason to hate an entire group of people based solely on their status (race / gender / sexual orientation / religion or lack thereof / ect).

I'm not offended by her overall point because it isn't rational thought.

Wait, her overall point or the headline?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:41 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1122
IP, you are drastically underestimating the level of misandry that has developed within the intersectional, 3rd wave feminist crowd. This is not some rogue feminist

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 06:57:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 31
IP, you are drastically underestimating the level of misandry that has developed within the intersectional, 3rd wave feminist crowd. This is not some rogue feminist
Yeah, I agree. I live in Melbourne, & this type of thinking with 'feminist' thinkers and scholars is not rare at all. It is the absolute dominant norm with many socially left young people now to be outright hateful of men for, well, being men.

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 07:02:26 AM »

Offline JSD

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1122
I have a solution just don't have sex with feminists like her and they will die out when no one breeds with them.   JK

None of us are, thatís why theyíre so angry

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • Running in the 00s KANSEI DORIFUTO
I have a solution just don't have sex with feminists like her and they will die out when no one breeds with them.   JK

None of us are, thatís why theyíre so angry
LOL TP to both of you
****cago Bull****

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 07:33:14 AM »

Online Celtics4ever

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1020
All joking aside, it has to be a sad life..... I could care less if someone hates me, though.  I don't get gratification from strangers liking or hating me.

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 07:50:24 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27821
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
I find it disgusting that the Washington Post even publishes this.  The woman can hate whoever she wants, but she shouldnít be given a soap box.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 07:53:30 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27821
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .

You donít find this objectionable?

So men, if you really are #WithUs and would like us to not hate you for all the millennia of woe you have produced and benefited from, start with this: Lean out so we can actually just stand up without being beaten down. Pledge to vote for feminist women only. Donít run for office. Donít be in charge of anything. Step away from the power. We got this. And please know that your crocodile tears wonít be wiped away by us anymore. We have every right to hate you. You have done us wrong.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 08:05:50 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 364

You donít find this objectionable?

So men, if you really are #WithUs and would like us to not hate you for all the millennia of woe you have produced and benefited from, start with this: Lean out so we can actually just stand up without being beaten down. Pledge to vote for feminist women only. Donít run for office. Donít be in charge of anything. Step away from the power. We got this. And please know that your crocodile tears wonít be wiped away by us anymore. We have every right to hate you. You have done us wrong.

I don't know bro. Maybe if men did step away, stuff would get better.

Doubt it though. Some chicks are cray. Cleopatra, Mary.. history is littered with them. Point is: to say it was a light littering is a comical understatement.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 08:17:29 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 98
  • @ApocryphalTale
The ole ďI donít know broĒ.... timeless
Twitter: @ApocryphalTale

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:01 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 530
I also find it interesting how the conversations pivot. For the last few years youíre called sexist for noticing that feminism is turning into an outright hatred of men. Then Suddenly in the paper of record, feminism is coming out and saying exactly that.

This isn't "feminism" any more than the tiki-torch carrying guys at Charlottesville are "conservatism."

I also don't believe this woman a liberal; she's left. Those of us old enough to remember the 1960s and 1970s know the difference.

This is the entire thread. It isnít an Ďarticleí in the Ďpaper of recordí. Itís an op ed piece from someone with a fringe opinion thatís being used as a broad brush to draw far reaching and in accurate premises.

There was a member of the state legislature in NY who proposed banning archery and marksmen clubs in high schools. More than a few conservatives I know used this as a platform for Ďlook how unreasonable my opponents are!í However, not a single other sponsor came forward when the bill was proposed. Nobody left
Or right wants it besides this lady, but because it furthers a disingenuous narrative of broader leftist extremism it got way more attention than it deserved.

This thread is about an opinion piece. Not a manifesto widely embraced.

Yeah, this is important.

I would describe myself as far-left, and this woman does not represent me in any way, shape or form. I think she's so bitter she went crazy.

In general, though, I think this whole so-called "3rd wave feminism" is a top-down manufactured movement, designed to create artificial battle lines between people, in this case men and women, in order to separate and distract us, so we don't band together to fight the real enemy: inequality and the widening gap between the rich and the poor, and consequently, the exploitation of the latter.

Textbook divide and conquer.

I'm not surprised to read an article like this in the WaPo, though, which is, quite transparently, one of the biggest pot stirrers out there, in either direction.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:46:50 AM by Casperian »
In the 2017 off-season, I predicted the Celtics will not win the title for the next 10 years.

1 down, 9 to go.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 09:39:09 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 187
I find it disgusting that the Washington Post even publishes this.  The woman can hate whoever she wants, but she shouldnít be given a soap box.

Op-Eds tend to be awful, thatís ostensibly the point of them these days.

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »

Offline gift

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
It is amusing that the piece argues that "we" should hate men, but the only actionable items are an appeal to those very men to step aside. Who is your audience, Suzanna? I'm guessing the piece is mostly an excuse to vent frustration in a overly dramatic way. But if it was intended to be a genuine catalyst for change, the professor should have resolved her thoughts more consistently.