Author Topic: Why canít we hate men? (Washington Post Article)  (Read 2429 times)

Why canít we hate men? (Washington Post Article)
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:37 PM »

Offline JSD

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1140
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-cant-we-hate-men/2018/06/08/f1a3a8e0-6451-11e8-a69c-b944de66d9e7_story.html?utm_term=.9433b4e7864a

Scary formulation of rhetoric devoid of reality, basking in victimhood. A reaction to this is the MGTOW/MRA movement beginning to consume some men, and it is just as skewed and evil an ideology. This is all a symptom of the disease that is collectivism. Modern day feminism has been described as ďMan HatingĒ for quite some time now. Perhaps that is why the vast majority of woman believe in equal rights but would not identify as ďFeministĒ? There is a recognized distinction. This is a very dark road we are going down if it continues, but fortunately I think more and more people are starting to wake up. Just look at the growth of popularity in the folks who make up the intellectual dark web. There has been an explosion of blowback on this stuff, and thankfully, an article like this will alienate far more people than it will recruit.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:23:42 PM by JSD »

Re: Why canít we hate men? (Washington Post Article)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »

Offline JSD

• Danny Ainge
I also find it interesting how the conversations pivot. For the last few years youíre called sexist for noticing that feminism is turning into an outright hatred of men. Then Suddenly in the paper of record, feminism is coming out and saying exactly that.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »

Offline JSD

• Danny Ainge
Side-note: I take things and say them here rather than Facebook because I'm too afraid my opinion will stir up some insane group of SJWs that will come for me and my job.

Is that not tyrannical?

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »

Offline greece666

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1190
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I am very skeptical of the kind of feminism expressed in this article.

Having said this, I don't think it has anything to do with "collectivism" or any other imaginary political opponents.

And about FB, you are right about not posting your views there.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1192
I feel bad for this woman, more than anything.

If she legitimately believes it's okay to hate all men, unequivocally, then she's no better than the men she hates.

Hatred begets hatred.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Side-note: I take things and say them here rather than Facebook because I'm too afraid my opinion will stir up some insane group of SJWs that will come for me and my job.

Is that not tyrannical?

Iíve learned that if you go against the grain (IE feminists, sjws) that youíre forever labeled as a racist sexist mysoginistic pig. If you are happy about unemployment being down under 3% youíre a racist because it happened under trump. Not a trump guy by any means but those views breed the environment needed to write articles like this and be applauded for it.

But yes if you put an unpopular opinion on social media you do put your employment at risk. Thatís 2018 for you.

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 09:10:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1042
I have a solution just don't have sex with feminists like her and they will die out when no one breeds with them.   JK

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:10 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 148
I am pretty liberal, and this person is wayyyy out there. She isn't representative of the viewpoints of any of my (many) liberal friends either. This is an intentionally provocative piece.

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 09:31:19 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Kyrie Irving
  • Tommy Points: 148
I also find it interesting how the conversations pivot. For the last few years youíre called sexist for noticing that feminism is turning into an outright hatred of men. Then Suddenly in the paper of record, feminism is coming out and saying exactly that.

This isn't "feminism" any more than the tiki-torch carrying guys at Charlottesville are "conservatism."

I also don't believe this woman a liberal; she's left. Those of us old enough to remember the 1960s and 1970s know the difference.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 09:42:58 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
I wonder if the woman who wrote this opinion piece ever stopped to think if her course of action here actually stands any chance of helping her accomplish her goals.  When will people learn that you cannot fight things like hatred and bigotry with tools such as anger, hatred, shaming, nor force?

Hopefully she realizes before her heart becomes too filled with hatred to be "brought back" that all she stands to do is fuel the hatred and bigotry of those she seeks to root out.  And in the process she'll likely never find any sort of true peace or happiness.

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2359
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

This isn't "feminism" any more than the tiki-torch carrying guys at Charlottesville are "conservatism."

I also don't believe this woman a liberal; she's left. Those of us old enough to remember the 1960s and 1970s know the difference.

This is the entire thread. It isnít an Ďarticleí in the Ďpaper of recordí. Itís an op ed piece from someone with a fringe opinion thatís being used as a broad brush to draw far reaching and in accurate premises.

There was a member of the state legislature in NY who proposed banning archery and marksmen clubs in high schools. More than a few conservatives I know used this as a platform for Ďlook how unreasonable my opponents are!í However, not a single other sponsor came forward when the bill was proposed. Nobody left
Or right wants it besides this lady, but because it furthers a disingenuous narrative of broader leftist extremism it got way more attention than it deserved.

This thread is about an opinion piece. Not a manifesto widely embraced.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 11:19:04 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 206
I don't think it is that one person wrote it, it is that a major paper published it.  I couldn't write an editorial that said it is OK to hate any other group, including women, and get it published.  It is the publishing of it that is the problem, not that it is one person's views.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 12:28:17 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 374
Pretty sure she means " we actually have pretty good reason to hate men", i.e look at history.

Can't see anything in the article itself particularly objectionable..

"Catchy, provocative headline offends snowflake". Yawn.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 12:39:47 AM »

Offline greece666

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1190
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
@trickybilly

I'd pay to see you exchange hot takes with Stephen A. Smith.

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 01:01:07 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
Pretty sure she means " we actually have pretty good reason to hate men", i.e look at history.

Can't see anything in the article itself particularly objectionable..

"Catchy, provocative headline offends snowflake". Yawn.

There's no such thing as a good reason to hate an entire group of people based solely on their status (race / gender / sexual orientation / religion or lack thereof / ect).

I'm not offended by her overall point because it isn't rational thought.