Author Topic: Predict where Kevin Love will end up?  (Read 5733 times)

Re: Predict where Kevin Love will end up?
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I could totally see a Porter for Love swap.  I think that trade actually makes a great deal of sense for both teams.

That depends on which team has the pick. I honestly cannot see MPJ falling any further than the 10th pick.
Otto Porter.  I thought that was obvious since they make about the same a trade can actually happen.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
The Cavs could get something good for Love and the No. 8 pick. Kawhi?

Not even close.

but the rumor that Cavs would probably need to add the 8th pick to trade Love, sounds plausible

Can you please provide where this "rumor" is coming from? Or are you're just making things up again?

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think he’d be a really solid fit on a team like Philly if they strike out on other free agents and trades. A starting lineup of Simmons, Reddick, Covington, Love, and Embiid is really enticing and brings more veteran presence and shooting to the roster. Also, that kind of lineup is a good fit for Love’s defensive limitations. That’s a ton of shooting and space for Simmons to work with.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Not even close.

but the rumor that Cavs would probably need to add the 8th pick to trade Love, sounds plausible

Can you please provide where this "rumor" is coming from? Or are you're just making things up again?

Do some research...

As Zach Lowe of ESPN laid out, there is a possibility that Love doesn’t get moved in response to James leaving Cleveland. Instead, Lowe wrote that we should “expect” to see a package involving Love and the No. 8 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft getting shopped around with the hopes of convincing James to stay in town.

They missed chances to trade their best non-LeBron player, Kevin Love, at something close to peak value, and will have hard time flipping him for even 50 percent of that now. Expect the Cavs to explore what they might get for a package of Love and the No. 8 pick around the draft in a last-ditch attempt to convince LeBron to stay.

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 10:10:26 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Hopefully Boston. Trade Smart (s+t), Morris, and Yabusele..get it done.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Not even close.

Do some research...

As Zach Lowe of ESPN laid out, there is a possibility that Love doesn’t get moved in response to James leaving Cleveland. Instead, Lowe wrote that we should “expect” to see a package involving Love and the No. 8 pick in the 2018 NBA Draft getting shopped around with the hopes of convincing James to stay in town.

They missed chances to trade their best non-LeBron player, Kevin Love, at something close to peak value, and will have hard time flipping him for even 50 percent of that now. Expect the Cavs to explore what they might get for a package of Love and the No. 8 pick around the draft in a last-ditch attempt to convince LeBron to stay.

Triboy, do you understand what you're quoting? That's far different than how you spun it, which is "Cavs would probably need to add the 8th pick to trade Love".

To help you out, what it's saying is that the Cavs are trying to add a major piece, someone BETTER than Love, in order to have James stay. That's not the same as them attaching the #8 pick in a salary dump of Love. You're confused. You think it's a Deng type situation, when it's obviously not.

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 10:53:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not even close.

Do some research...

Triboy, do you understand what you're quoting? That's far different than how you spun it, which is "Cavs would probably need to add the 8th pick to trade Love".

To help you out, what it's saying is that the Cavs are trying to add a major piece, someone BETTER than Love, in order to have James stay. That's not the same as them attaching the #8 pick in a salary dump of Love. You're confused. You think it's a Deng type situation, when it's obviously not.

read the below again , if you can't understand.  Because this makes sense. Unlike your overvaluation for players like Love

Kevin Love, at something close to peak value, and will have hard time flipping him for even 50 percent of that now

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 10:55:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Not even close.

seriously

Clarkson, Hill, JR Smith, Love

looks like a bankrupt a team unit to me.

That's not my point. Love + #8 is NOT getting you a Top-5 player like Kawhi.

There's doubts as to whether that can even get you someone like Lilliard or Wall.

Maybe in a 3-team trade it's possible but not simply Love + #8 for Kawhi. 

And if you want to bring up Kawhi and his injuries, Kevin Love hasn't exactly been the healthiest either over the last 3-4 years.

TO CLARIFY, I mean Love + #8 can CERTAINLY get you an all-star player, but NOT Kawhi as you alluded to in the post. Kemba? Sure. McCollum, DeRozan or Beal? Absolutely. Lilliard or Wall? Possibly. Kawhi? Nope.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 11:01:19 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Not even close.

Do some research...

read the below again , if you can't understand.  Because this makes sense. Unlike your overvaluation for players like Love

Kevin Love, at something close to peak value, and will have hard time flipping him for even 50 percent of that now

Triboy, I'm not overvaluing him, but you seem to think that somehow Love's, an all-star the last 2 seasons, value has dropped so drastically that they will need to attach the #8 to move him. Again, that's not what it's saying. It's saying that they will include the #8, along with Love, to upgrade James' sidekick.

You misread it and misspoke. No harm, no foul.

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Not even close.

seriously

There's doubts as to whether that can even get you someone like Lilliard or Wall.

And if you want to bring up Kawhi and his injuries, Kevin Love hasn't exactly been the healthiest either over the last 3-4 years.

TO CLARIFY, I mean Love + #8 can CERTAINLY get you an all-star player, but NOT Kawhi as you alluded to in the post. Kemba? Sure. McCollum, DeRozan or Beal? Absolutely. Lilliard or Wall? Possibly. Kawhi? Nope.

what I meant in my Love #8 comment about Kawhi as a starting off point for a trade. No one knows whats going on with Kawhi. Before he was hurt I felt like he was the best two way player in the NBA. Love and 8 is better than what the Cavs got for Kyrie.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not even close.

seriously

McCollum, Derozan or Beal ? Absolutely?

all those teams hang up the phone

What can you get for the 8th pick in this years draft (unless teams 1-7 make a major mistake) that is even worth 60 percent of the talent of the above players?  Then you take on one of the worst defenders in the league + nasty salary

You have to do worst than these three (all on good contracts)

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Not even close.

seriously

What can you get for the 8th pick in this years draft (unless teams 1-7 make a major mistake) that is even worth 60 percent of the talent of the above players?  Then you take on one of the worst defenders in the league + nasty salary

Well I think those three are #2 guys on their current teams (not alphas like Lilliard/Wall/DeRozan), and to get back a #8 pick and Love might be the best offer they get. Love makes less than all of them I believe and it helps clear some salary and they get back a Top-10 pick.

Also sorry in my original reply, replace DeRozan with Lowry lol.

McCollum, DeRozan Lowry or Beal? Absolutely

Anyways, it also depends on if a team in the 1-7 range makes an offer. If not, CLE may have a bit of an advantage. That's just IMO.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 11:21:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not even close.

seriously

Well I think those three are #2 guys on their current teams (not alphas like Lilliard/Wall/DeRozan), and to get back a #8 pick and Love might be the best offer they get. Love makes less than all of them I believe and it helps clear some salary and they get back a Top-10 pick.

Also sorry in my original reply, replace DeRozan with Lowry lol.

McCollum, DeRozan Lowry or Beal? Absolutely

Anyways, it also depends on if a team in the 1-7 range makes an offer. If not, CLE may have a bit of an advantage. That's just IMO.

Lowry yes

but no to Beal or McCollum

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2018, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Dallas for Harrison Barnes