Author Topic: Let’s blow up the Wizards — LeBron to Lakers (Idea)  (Read 2572 times)

Re: Let’s blow up the Wizards — LeBron to Lakers (Idea)
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 06:49:08 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wonder if the trade LeBron crowd could do their own blog   "As LeBron turns" perhaps.   JK

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
As someone in the NOVA/DC area, I was visibly upset that we gave Wall that contract. He is clearly not worth it, he's a great player, don't get me wrong. But $40 million? Holy moly!

You’re NOVA/DC also?  Join our Celtics meetup!

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 07:10:38 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Great post as usual saltlover.

I think this is a no-brainer for the Wizards. Harder to evaluate for LAL bcs it depends on what Lebron and George want.

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 08:44:51 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I'm glad someone recognized that Lebron has no chance with Lakers unless something drastic like this is done...TP for inventive idea.  The Wizards are certainly stagnant.

IMO the only teams where Lebron has a hope for a title next year are Houston, Boston and San Antonio (Utah and Pels honorable mention but rejected locations...along with Spurs probably).

Lebron and healthy Leonard gets it done.  Lebron Paul and Harden gets it done.  Lebron on the Celtics, with or without Kyrie, gets it done.  No where else.  The only way Philly could pull it off is maybe if someone else along with Lebron went there...it's just not a great fit...ECF yes, against Boston, where they'd lose to our defense plus shooting. 

Back to thread...that Laker team would be weird, but I'm sure they'd figure it out and give the Warriors a very tough battle.   They'd need some tough backups off the bench...plus bench shooters.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 08:54:14 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I don't think a PG like Wall that has such a shaky jumpshot is a good pairing with LeBron.

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't think a PG like Wall that has such a shaky jumpshot is a good pairing with LeBron.

He actually shot 37% from three this year and 43.8% from 3 on catch-and-shoot attempts, so his shot isn’t as shaky as you might expect.

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 09:14:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

He actually shot 37% from three this year and 43.8% from 3 on catch-and-shoot attempts, so his shot isn’t as shaky as you might expect.

Wall isn't Marcus Smart bad from three, but he's still not consistent enough to be someone defenses worry about.  Wall has shot 37-33-35-30-35 from three the last five seasons.  Maybe he's getting better, but he's going to have to prove it before defenses stop giving him that shot and cheating off him.

I also don't think he's a great fit next to LeBron because his game seems to be predicated on controlling the ball and using the space his teammates create for him to drive and dish, or take it himself.  It's not really the best use of his skill set to pair him next to a more dominant ball handler, who isn't a super reliable spot up threat himself.