Author Topic: Underrated aspect of the LeBron hypothetical  (Read 2552 times)

Re: Underrated aspect of the LeBron hypothetical
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 02:36:27 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The more I thought about it, the less I have warmed up to the thought of bringing LeBron here.

I don't want to give up Hayward, I also don't want to give up Kyrie or Horford. It's not just a matter of a simple trade with either players. With Kyrie we have to add a little extra due to cap space configurations, and maybe throw in a pick, considering he would be a one year rental. Hayward is Hayward, and watching some of his previous videos and how torn and heartbroken he was that he couldn't be with us. That really makes me feel for him, and realize how inhumane it would be, if the trade went into fruition. I couldn't imagine trading Hayward right after a year he missed signing with us. It just makes me feel dirty, and I don't think Ainge's track record would allow him to do so. In the past he's traded Pierce, Isaiah, Perkins, and Garnett, Rondo, etc; to greener pastures in hope for a title or championship.

I don't even think Ainge could allow himself to watch Hayward get sent over to the wasteland that is Cleveland, that LeBron basically created as player GM, and then is going to pretty much leave behind.

I also think going forward, Hayward will still be a very productive player. And if ANYTHING Gordon Hayward would better off teaching Tatum and Brown, because his game is predicated on hesitation moves, dribble hand offs, and playing WITHIN a motion system; something that Quinn Synder preached and lived by from back then to then on now.

Horford? I can't imagine losing him either. He, alongside Marcus Smart, is the backbone and engine to our offense. Sure, we're immensely better with LeBron, but I FEAR he'll take away touches, make the offense stagnant, and his defense has become literally non-existent. You can argue that LeBron won't have to handle the offense as much. But this is LeBron... He is going to do whatever he wants. And I cannot picture the longevity and sheer amount of miles on LeBron's legs. I fear he is definitely on the path to a major injury. I'm not giving up Horford. I want him to be our leader, mentor, and defensive anchor for years to come. He has dedicated and shaped his game, and I'm not concerned about his age as a long-term issue. His game is going to age really well.

I'm not knocking LeBron. He's the greatest player of my generation. I grew up watching Pierce, and Kobe, but LeBron surpasses them all, with the exception of Tim Duncan, (who I still think is a little bit better than LeBron for now,) and he's undoubtedly the greatest, but I believe he benefited greatly from not only being a physical specimen, but being catered to his every will. He has never ever been told, 'no.' He grew up with the aspect and mindset to be great, but somewhere along the line his confidence and ego became beyond the borderline of egomaniac. I'm not saying he's a terrible person. Far from it, he's one of the greatest role models also for little kids, and athletes all around. But there's just something about LeBron that makes me dislike him.

I really want to beat him. We were super close to doing so, and even LeBron looked human at times against us. We are so close... Absolutely on the freakin' edge..

With a floundering of assets, draft picks, young talent, and a team that is cohesively sound, and we BELIEVE in each other. When you see our teammates celebrate after a hard fought win, you see how much we believe and trust in each other.

When you bring in LeBron, you bring in the potentiality of ruining everything that we have worked SO HARD to strive for.

No thank you.

Preach.

TP.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
My best case scenario is that he either goes Houston or San Antonio

I don't hate either team (I respect the Spurs a ton too), but also that keeps him out of the East and also away from Philly and the Lakers. Likewise, either team w/Lebron beats GSW and likely "ends" their dynasty soon.

Now he could stay in Cleveland and I wouldn't mind either, although I'm still a little wary as they could package that #8 (and maybe Love) to acquire an all-star (like any of Lilliard, McCollum, Kemba, Beal, etc.) which could keep them in the mix. Boston would still be favored next year but they won't be clear-cut favorites unless Lebron simply leaves the East.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I don't hate either team (I respect the Spurs a ton too), but also that keeps him out of the East and also away from Philly and the Lakers. Likewise, either team w/Lebron beats GSW and likely "ends" their dynasty soon.

Now he could stay in Cleveland and I wouldn't mind either, although I'm still a little wary as they could package that #8 (and maybe Love) to acquire an all-star (like any of Lilliard, McCollum, Kemba, Beal, etc.) which could keep them in the mix. Boston would still be favored next year but they won't be clear-cut favorites unless Lebron simply leaves the East.

I think the Spurs is actually the best bet for LeBron. LeBron/Kawhi and maybe LMA, (if Green, Gay both opt out along with Pau Gasol,) is a deadly big 3.

But I think ideally LeBron should try to stay in the East. Going through the West is no easy feat. GSW looked very vulnerable this year, but who knows if they will stay locked in next year, and look over film during the HOU series to see why they were up and down.

One who both wants to and might get that chance is Gregg Popovich of the Spurs, reports Marc Stein of the New York Times

I’ve also been advised that the ever-persuasive San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich is bound to try to force his way into the conversation to sell James on the merits of South Texas.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 03:01:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think the Spurs is actually the best bet for LeBron. LeBron/Kawhi and maybe LMA, (if Green, Gay both opt out along with Pau Gasol,) is a deadly big 3.

But I think ideally LeBron should try to stay in the East. Going through the West is no easy feat. GSW looked very vulnerable this year, but who knows if they will stay locked in next year, and look over film during the HOU series to see why they were up and down.

One who both wants to and might get that chance is Gregg Popovich of the Spurs, reports Marc Stein of the New York Times

I’ve also been advised that the ever-persuasive San Antonio Spurs Coach Gregg Popovich is bound to try to force his way into the conversation to sell James on the merits of South Texas.

Yeah, and call me crazy but as unlikely as Lebron-to-Boston is, I do think Ainge will also want to have a conversation with him this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lebron FA tour stretched a little longer than other's in years past. Lebron will explore all possible options.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 03:13:34 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Yeah, and call me crazy but as unlikely as Lebron-to-Boston is, I do think Ainge will also want to have a conversation with him this summer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lebron FA tour stretched a little longer than other's in years past. Lebron will explore all possible options.

I don't care honestly where he goes..

Just make up your mind, and don't drag this out... But I agree, Ainge will certainly have a conversation with him. But I think Ainge is gonna stay put.

Ugh. Decision 2.0 basically... Except LeBron is pretty much more than 50% on his way.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't care honestly where he goes..

Just make up your mind, and don't drag this out... But I agree, Ainge will certainly have a conversation with him. But I think Ainge is gonna stay put.

Ugh. Decision 2.0 basically... Except LeBron is pretty much more than 50% on his way.

It also really depends on what happens at the Draft.

I don't envision him staying in CLE UNLESS they trade #8 + another asset/contract for a star. Otherwise, he isn't staying with virtually the same team + a 19-20 year old added. Maybe if it's for Porter who is a legit young scorer, but I'd be shocked if he falls that low despite what mocks may say.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 03:23:42 PM by Phantom255x »