Poll

Am I the only one who prefers Kyrie over the King?

Kyrie Irving
29 (70.7%)
Lebron James
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Kyrie or King  (Read 3544 times)

Re: Kyrie or King
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 10:11:02 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Celtic fans are greeeedy

Team already has Irving and equipped to win it all next season

Tell Lebron to take his ego somewhere else

Also look the potential aftermath of Lebron leaving the Cavs

team looks like a graveyard.   High salary and a bunch of role players with half the value prior trades.  This is what Lebron does

LeBron's ego? How about Kyrie's!?!

Kyrie left LeBron so he can be "the Man" but with Tatum and Brown coming up there's no room for Kyrie to be The Man here either....Kyrie sees the writing on the wall too which is why he won't re-up or commit.

Kyrie WANTS to go to a BAD Knicks team so he can get ALL the glory in STATS and media attention.

Kyre's Ego is WAAAAYYYY bigger than LeBron's at this point.

That's one heck of an imaginative narrative you've concocted there. It's pure fiction, but kudos on your creativeness.

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 10:21:48 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
One is the best player on the planet (LeBron) and the other might be in the top four of their position (Kyrie). Our team is set to win championships and I think LeBron is more likely the piece to do that than Kyrie in the immediate future. LeBron is healthier and may even have more left in the tank than Kyrie given his knee issues.

I get the counter argument, though. The age issue is real, and we'd have to move some parts to make it work; however, I think he will be playing top tier basketball for years to come despite his age and I think he's worth the accommodation.

Additionally, I am not sure that I am watching the same LeBron that people are accusing of being egocentric and selfish. LeBron literally played with a cast about a strong as a high level rec league championship contender and people tend to forget that. The game has evolved to the point that teams can shoot themselves out of bad spots (see: Steph) and carrying a dead weight team is a nearly impossible task for any individual. That said, we have the players to put around LeBron to really set it off and give GSW a true problem.

If I had to choose, I'd go with LeBron, but I don't truly see this happening.

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Am I the only one who prefers a 25 year old Kyrie Irving over a 35 year old Lebron James? Not only for age reasons but for fit on this team?

I agree with you, however, LeBron can fit anywhere.
It’s not a question of fit now, but also into the future.  Irving is a better fit with the age range of this team’s other best players.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Celtic fans are greeeedy

Team already has Irving and equipped to win it all next season

Tell Lebron to take his ego somewhere else

Also look the potential aftermath of Lebron leaving the Cavs

team looks like a graveyard.   High salary and a bunch of role players with half the value prior trades.  This is what Lebron does

LeBron's ego? How about Kyrie's!?!

Kyrie left LeBron so he can be "the Man" but with Tatum and Brown coming up there's no room for Kyrie to be The Man here either....Kyrie sees the writing on the wall too which is why he won't re-up or commit.

Kyrie WANTS to go to a BAD Knicks team so he can get ALL the glory in STATS and media attention.

Kyre's Ego is WAAAAYYYY bigger than LeBron's at this point.

That's one heck of an imaginative narrative you've concocted there. It's pure fiction, but kudos on your creativeness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
LET'S GO CELTICS!