Author Topic: 2018 Offseason Bold Predictions  (Read 3980 times)

2018 Offseason Bold Predictions
« on: June 09, 2018, 02:20:17 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
 ;D

What are some of your bold predictions? trades, signings, draft picks, etc.

Re: 2018 Offseason Bold Predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Not really a bold prediction, but an observation:

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that if LeBron James wants to move to win more titles, the best place for him to go is not LA, nor Philadelphia. It's not even Houston.

It's Utah.

Think about it for a second. . .

Utah has a budding superstar in Donovan Mitchell. He could be his "Kyrie Irving".

That team fits him to a tee. A starting lineup of Mitchell, Royce O'Neale, LeBron James, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert is as talented as it come.

Utah is already a defensive stalwart. Nothing to worry about as far as defending.

Utah has a very good coach, something he has never had in his entire NBA career.

Utah has the necessary contracts to move to pull a sign and trade/create cap room without breaking up their main core. They could trade Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles, whose trade value may have risen because of their performances this season. They can move Alec Burks' $11 million deal relatively easy (one year left on his deal, relatively young to take a chance on).

They'll have a competent bench. Dante Exum, Thabo Sefolosha, Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko. They'll have the 21st pick in a deep draft. I think they'll be under the luxury tax even with him on the payroll, which gives them the full $8+ million MLE.

The only dropoff with this is, well, it's Utah.

But really, what better team is out there that can offer this much for LeBron?

Edit: The DKC guys think that renouncing Favors and keeping Ingles is a better way to do it. I agree.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 03:57:33 PM by Yoki_IsTheName »
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 02:25:10 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Lebron and Paul george sign with the LA Lakers
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 02:26:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that if LeBron James wants to move to win more titles, the best place for him to go is not LA, nor Philadelphia. It's not even Houston.

It's Utah.

Utah has a budding superstar in Donovan Mitchell. He could be his "Kyrie Irving".

That team fits him to a tee. A starting lineup of Mitchell, Royce O'Neale, LeBron James, Derrick Favors and Rudy Gobert is as talented as it come.

Utah is already a defensive stalwart. Nothing to worry about as far as defending.

Utah has a very good coach, something he has never had in his entire NBA career.

Utah has the necessary contracts to move to pull a sign and trade/create cap room without breaking up their main core. They could trade Ricky Rubio and Joe Ingles, whose trade value may have risen because of their performances this season. They can move Alec Burks' $11 million deal relatively easy (one year left on his deal, relatively young to take a chance on).

They'll have a competent bench. Dante Exum, Thabo Sefolosha, Jae Crowder, Jonas Jerebko. They'll have the 21st pick in a deep draft. I think they'll be under the luxury tax even with him on the payroll, which gives them the full $8+ million MLE.

That's an intriguing thought, and might I add another team to the mix?

New Orleans Pelicans

Yes, the cap issues are there for them and it's unlikely it can happen, but could you imagine if that team got an elite wing player like Lebron or George. That would do wonders for that team and could make them contenders in the West.

All that likely means Cousins is gone (in S&T or just walking away), but they have Holiday, could keep Rondo, Mirotic and others and of course they have AD. An elite, versatile wing is what that team is missing that could truly put them over the top.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Lebron and Paul george sign with the LA Lakers

that's what a lot of people are predicting  :P

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Cavs make trades to improve significantly, LeBron stays.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, #8

Portland trades: Damian Lillard, #24

Who says no?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 03:07:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Cleveland trades: Kevin Love, #8

Portland trades: Damian Lillard, #24

Who says no?
Blazers without a second thought. 

Even if the trade occurred, Lillard wouldn't make the Cavs competitive with GSW.  Lillard couldn't even get the Blazers out of the 1st round. 

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 03:40:01 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
NOP/Washington trade:  Cousins (S&T) plus filler for Porter and Gortat.  Wall and Cousins get to team up.  Deals with the negative Wall/Gortat dynamic.  Washington has to make a move unless they are satisfied with an early playoff exit.  NOP desperately needs a SF. 

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 04:13:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Only one I see for league is LeBron opts out but Cavs do a sign and trade to Lakers for fillers, a 1st, Ball and Ingram.
Lakers then have cap space to also sign PG and Boogie. And some how get Reddick for the vet min.

Ennis, Reddick, LeBron, PG, Boogie

Talk about a team to hate for us lol.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 04:17:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

It's Utah.

That's an intriguing thought, and might I add another team to the mix?

New Orleans Pelicans

Yes, the cap issues are there for them and it's unlikely it can happen, but could you imagine if that team got an elite wing player like Lebron or George. That would do wonders for that team and could make them contenders in the West.

All that likely means Cousins is gone (in S&T or just walking away), but they have Holiday, could keep Rondo, Mirotic and others and of course they have AD. An elite, versatile wing is what that team is missing that could truly put them over the top.

I started a thread about him going to Pels. I think it makes sense.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

It's Utah.

Edit: The DKC guys think that renouncing Favors and keeping Ingles is a better way to do it. I agree.

Dang. Good idea. A little too good. But I think you are right - LBJ doesn’t go to Utah.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 05:47:08 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Only one I see for league is LeBron opts out but Cavs do a sign and trade to Lakers for fillers, a 1st, Ball and Ingram.
Lakers then have cap space to also sign PG and Boogie. And some how get Reddick for the vet min.

Ennis, Reddick, LeBron, PG, Boogie

Talk about a team to hate for us lol.

Why would the Lakers do that? They could send out WAY less in a sign and trade for Paul George or Boogie, or use all three to make a bidding war.  Or just not send that much because the Cavs would have absolutely no leverage in that situation
I'm bitter.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 05:49:45 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Not quite player related, but I think the Pistons go through the draft without a Coach/GM/President of Basketball Operations and then end up getting desperate around free agency and bring in Jason Kidd to coach with David Griffin as GM

As a 2018-19 season prediction: That pairing will be a disaster (with Kidd still trying to be both head coach and GM)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Derrick Favors
  Free Agent

MY prediction is where LeBron goes will dominate the news cycle and get more press than the GS win....