Author Topic: Lebron confirms he's a goner? "2018 free agency easier than 2010 decision"  (Read 2296 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
LeBron just said 2010 was more difficult free agency than 2018.

I think he’s gone...he’s alluding to the fact that he brought the cavs a title, whereas last time he left the cavs with unfinished business.

He’s been talking a lot about wanting to team up with cerebral players like him. Guys who see plays before they happen like him. CP3 comes to mind but also Simmons. Though he is young, LeBron is his mentor and he’s been touted for his High IQ. Maybe rondo too

I think houston is front runner, lebron prefers to be surrounded by 3 pt shooters
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 02:04:20 AM by CelticsElite »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
The quote to me implies that he's staying with Cleveland.

So that means Boston can finally thrash him?  ;D 8)

But if I'm LeBron...I'm calling up my boy Paul George and Magic Johnson. "Yo Magic, me and Paul are coming to LA. Make some space and get rid of those bums for us. Also, get us a coach who can actually COACH. Thank you!"
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:07:34 AM by SparzWizard »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Lebron and Simmons is an atrocious pairing. It allows the defense to sag off Simmons and help/double Lebron.

Just don’t see Philly as a realistic destination. Beyond a questionable fit, Lebron is 33 and his time is now and fading quickly. Philly is still way too young and inexperienced to be legitimate contenders to beat GS.

Hell, look what we did to them without our two best players. Why would Lebron not just join the team that beat Philly that would also add another All-Star alongside him in either Hayward or Kyrie?

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Lebron and Simmons is an atrocious pairing. It allows the defense to sag off Simmons and help/double Lebron.

Just don’t see Philly as a realistic destination. Beyond a questionable fit, Lebron is 33 and his time is now and fading quickly. Philly is still way too young and inexperienced to be legitimate contenders to beat GS.

Hell, look what we did to them without our two best players. Why would Lebron not just join the team that beat Philly that would also add another All-Star alongside him in either Hayward or Kyrie?
Yeah, Philly makes no sense. They're so overrated lol
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Not just yet

His Kids might be planted in Cleveland

His Wife sick and tired of moving

We will see

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Philly or the Lakers would be a bad fit for James because he dominates the ball too much and both those teams have ball-dominant point guards. I don't want that mercenary in Boston to screw our chemistry up - Sign him up Houston, he and Hardin can take turns measuring each other's disgusting looking beards, plus they are used to superstars who take possessions off.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I wonder if both of those teams will be engaged in a kind of free agency tug of war in terms of vying for the services of Avery Bradley :-\.

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Yeah, LeBron won the first title for Cleveland in any sport since pre super bowl era.  He can leave now and Cavs fans can't really be too justified in out right hating him this time around.

I think he ends up in Houston in some sort of crappy S&T for Cleveland.  CP3, Harden and LBJ is going to be a bit tricky, but if Harden can buy in, I think Houston finds a way to get it done.  If they keep Capela that is a scary dangerous team.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Everyone keeps saying he'll team up with his buddy CP3...Why in the world would he?...Dude is Injured EVERY Year in the playoffs.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I wonder if both of those teams will be engaged in a kind of free agency tug of war in terms of vying for the services of Avery Bradley :-\.
I really hope AB doesn't line up for Philly next year
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I really hope AB doesn't line up for Philly next year

While I share your sentiment, I'm not sure as to whether or not there's a better fit next to Simmons in the backcourt, never mind if Bradley were to team up with Lebron.

For the 76ers, having AB at the two would allow them to have Bradley defend the opposing point guard, while Simmons can be given an easier defensive assignment, much in the same way as Byron Scott covered for Magic in the 80s; and as for Lebron, well, I know that he wants to play with smart players, lol, but with the possible exception of Patrick Beverly, who better to pair with James in terms of, again, defending point guards. I mean, we all know that AB is simply atrocious at playing the one, lol, but seeing as to how Lebron will be running the show, I have to believe that that tandem would work out extremely well, unfortunately, lol ;D.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
LeBron leaving after this season has been a little kept secret for over a year.  That's the main reason Kyrie wanted out.  He didn't want to be stuck in Cleveland post-LeBron.  Would have been bad for his career.

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Unfortunately I guess we will have to wait for a Players Tribune article instead of a primtime special like then.

I stillllll believe it’s LA with CP3, then a trade using Ball/Ingram/Kuzma/picks for a third star.

Bring in a good coach and see what they can do against GSW.
CELTICS 2024

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Now we all know what Lebron was saying to Tatum when they embraced after game seven. Lebron told him he would come play with the kid for the MLE if the Cavs couldn't win a Finals games. Lebron supposedly said to Tatum. "If this group of jabronies can't help me win even one Finals game, then I will sign an MLE contract to join you young guys for next season and with Kyrie and Hayward coming back to join us, we're probably talking 4 peat"

Yup thats definitely what Lebron told Tatum in their bromance hug

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Getting swept certainly makes Lebron's decision to leave easier to explain.  My breakdown. 

Lakers - Most likely Lebron destination.  Best chance for Lebron to form a contender if not super team built around him.  Great from a personal/business perspective.  Only real drawback is playing in the West but don't think a higher chance of just making the finals is that much of an enticement.  5 straight losing seasons with not even a whiff of the playoffs.  Lakers will go all in to make it happen. 
Sixers - Not likely but possible.  Yes they are young.  Yes the Lebron/Simmons fit has issues.  However they are already the 2nd/3rd best team in the East without Lebron.   Yes we beat them but 3 losses were close with the Sixers losing 4th quarter leads.  Lebron wouldn't need to carry them just lead them and be their closer.  Redick agreeing to resign with them at a significant discount would be a big plus.  The Sixers would have assets to get another star too.  I'd expect Sixers ownership to go all in. 
Houston - Don't see it happening.  The S&T to make it happen is quite difficult.  Lebron, Harden and CP3 together.  Talk about players that need the ball in their hand's.  How's that going to work?  Does Lebron really want the visual of joining Harden's team as a ring chaser?  Does Lebron want to play in Dantoni's 3pt chucking system? 
Celtics - Really don't see it happening.  Don't think Lebron would want to "fit into" Stevens system.  Whether Ainge would do it probably depends on how likely he thinks Kyrie will re-sign with us.  Even if Ainge is concerned about Kyrie leaving, going after PG13 or Kawhi might be preferable and would certainly be less disruptive. 
Clippers - Haven't seen the Clippers mentioned but they ought to go hard after Lebron.  Give up one of their picks to do a S&T for Lebron with Gallo and filler.   Beverly, Bradley, Harris, Lebron, Jordon, Willams is a good team and good fit for Lebron.  They could try to flip Harris and their other pick for PG13 or Kawhi.    Beverly, Bradley, Kawhi, Lebron, Jordon, Willams would be a strong contender.  Pretty much the same personal/business advantages as the Lakers. 
Heat - Don't see it happening.  Not a good enough team and don't have the assets to get much  better.
Spurs - Would be interesting if Kawhi would stay.  #18 pick could be used for the S&T. 
GSW - No way in heck unless KD stuns everyone and decides to go somewhere else.