Author Topic: Too many people around here are scared  (Read 2980 times)

Too many people around here are scared
« on: June 08, 2018, 09:22:15 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I’m kind of sick of seeing posts complaining about golden states dominance or people hoping Lebron doesn’t end up in say, Philly, where things would get more difficult.

Am I the only one that would be incredibly excited to challenge golden state?  Am I the only one that thinks we could beat Philly with Lebron?

I mean, the celts are building a super team of their own.  I’d love some titles but would forward to challenging these teams just as much as actually winning.  Bring it on I say.

Re: Too many people around here are scared
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I feel we got no shot because I see three all time level offensive players in KD, Curry and Klay along with an elite defender in Green. I hate thinking we need LeBron or AD but how else do you beat a stacked team like that?

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:39:14 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
That team just went seven games against the rockets.  They aren’t as unbeatable as they seem. 

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
My point exactly. And in boxing's terms, styles makes fights. We match up better against the Warriors than any teams in the league. But first, we must get over the hurdle (Lebron) to reach them. This is why the game 7 chokefest still stings.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I ain't shook!

I'll guarantee that if we keep this current core, and they are all healthy next season, they will win the championship.

I don't give a rats butt about GSW or LeBron, neither is unbeatable.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 09:55:28 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
That team just went seven games against the rockets.  They aren’t as unbeatable as they seem.

Some of them without Iggy though, and it's just a lack of motivation.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 09:59:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Some of them without Iggy though, and it's just a lack of motivation.

Rockets didn't have CP3 to close out either (can't believe I said this, lol).

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I feel we got no shot because I see three all time level offensive players in KD, Curry and Klay along with an elite defender in Green. I hate thinking we need LeBron or AD but how else do you beat a stacked team like that?

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 10:29:24 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I’m kind of sick of seeing posts complaining about golden states dominance or people hoping Lebron doesn’t end up in say, Philly, where things would get more difficult.

Am I the only one that would be incredibly excited to challenge golden state?  Am I the only one that thinks we could beat Philly with Lebron?

I mean, the celts are building a super team of their own.  I’d love some titles but would forward to challenging these teams just as much as actually winning.  Bring it on I say.
I think you're in denial.  This is Golden State's league for the next 5-10 years unless someone forms another superteam.

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I strongly feel we are the team that GS secretly does not want to see...  I absolutely feel like we will knock them off next year (Healthy of course)

We don't play anything like the Cavs... We are young, energetic and we have defense ingrained in us... We move the ball, We have shot makers and We have 1 possibly 2 elite one on one assassins..

No fear here.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 10:31:34 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I think you're in denial.  This is Golden State's league for the next 5-10 years unless someone forms another superteam.

The Celtics already did, I guess you've been taking too much of that ambien and missed it.

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 10:42:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The Celtics already did, I guess you've been taking too much of that ambien and missed it.
Nah, he just drastically overrates this Goldem State team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 10:46:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah... no. You're in denial.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 10:50:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

Yeah... no. You're in denial.

What do you expect from the guy who hangs too much on Liberty Ballers ::D

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 10:56:50 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Nobody is in a better position than the celtics. Fact. Whos scared?

We're a little weak in the middle (less so with Theis), but our premier D will stifle the Warriors. I've never been more excited for a celtics team than 2018/2019.

Not since 1985/1986 that is.