Author Topic: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo  (Read 6066 times)

Re: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 08:21:43 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
I think the kid has made a couple mistakes in college. Does that mean he can't grow up? I think he deserves a chance. I mean there are and have been some really dirty players in the NBA: JR Smith, Dwayne Wade, Ron Artest, Laimbeer and on and on. Give the kid a chance.

This is how I feel. The tripping BS happened when he was what, 20? 21? Most people aren’t Jayson Tatum, and don’t completely have their #%*^ together before they’re allowed to drink a beer.

Give the kid a chance to grow up and if you’re complaining about Allen’s play in this thread you better not be knocking other prospects motors in other threads. This is the opposite of ‘motor concerns.’
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Re: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2018, 08:27:17 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
From the few games I've watched GA play since the tripping incidents, he's still a dirty player even though he hasn't been tripping players. More subtle. That and clumsy/reckless.

Grayson sure looked like a player in last night's Summer League game...great passing, ball handling and a couple steals. He might be the steal of the draft. (Okay, he did have 6 turnovers and his shot still isn't falling.)

Unfortunately, he's still a dirty player. And, his constant smiling/glibness is totally annoying. My guess is he'll play well for Utah, but some of teammates will grow weary of his demeanor.

Locked Trae Young's arm in a way I've never seen done before. Looked like he was trying to dislocate his shoulder. 
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-summer-league-grayson-allen-trae-young-get-into-physical-altercation-draw-technical-fouls/