Author Topic: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo  (Read 6035 times)

Re: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2018, 11:42:06 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Grayson Allen's grit alone would keep us a step ahead of our opponents.

I would happily use a 27th pick on him if all he did throughout his career was troll players like LeBron and Curry

He is the type of guy that would get under Currys skin ,   just like Ainge got under the skin of those Laker , Hawks and Pistons guys back in the day . 

Philly already has thatbrookie guy who plays like him McConnell ?    They don' need another clone .
You want that pesky type player to have some good sense and Allen is quite lacking in that area. 

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

I would happily use a 27th pick on him if all he did throughout his career was troll players like LeBron and Curry

He is the type of guy that would get under Currys skin ,   just like Ainge got under the skin of those Laker , Hawks and Pistons guys back in the day . 

Philly already has thatbrookie guy who plays like him McConnell ?    They don' need another clone .
You want that pesky type player to have some good sense and Allen is quite lacking in that area.
lol..he will get into the refs/media skin faster, and the fans, he got under my skin watching those dirty plays causing his team.

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2018, 12:27:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I predict Danny will find a way to draft DiVincenzo

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2018, 01:46:07 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Allen.

Allen will trip everybody at the nba.  Poor lateral quickness

In other words, he will have a much better excuse.

He posted a top 5 all time lane agility time in combine history. I think he’ll be fine. It’s funny how he has a clean year where he’s the leader of the team, but people won’t get over the trip

But he didn’t have a “clean year.”  He had a few dirty plays again including one in the backcourt with the ball 20 feet in front of him where he hip checked an unaware defender who was running well behind the play. Dude is dirty and he didn’t clean things up other than the most blatant tripping habit.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 01:53:56 PM by No Nickname »

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2018, 01:49:23 PM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I like them both at 27. Loads of upside at 2 guard/ wing. Well rounded, athletic, good shooters. Lot worse you can do there.

That 1 game from Donte gives him the slight edge for me.

I agree.  Both are kind of similar if you think about it. Minus the tripping.

Donte has a better body and is a better athlete.  Grayson Allen has a larger sample

Wouldn't be surprised if either go before the Celts pick.  This is why I think the Celts need to move up.

Not really impressed with the type of talent available at 27 .... Jalen Brunson is  probably the safest and most likely available around this range.  But also doesn't have much of a ceiling. short wingspan,  not a great athlete, older prospect. Reminds me of a taller Jameer Nelson

Brunson is a less-experienced Shane Larkin. And Shane is faster. Brunson might be stronger though. His little low post game is a trip to watch.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 01:51:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Grayson can expect to get his butt kicked in the NBA the moment it even looks like he does something dirty. He’s not Draymond Green where he’ll be able to get away with that.

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 01:55:18 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
But he didn’t have a “clean year.”  He had a few dirty plays again including one in the backcourt with the ball 20 feet in front of him where he hip checked an unaware defender who was running well behind the play. Dude is dirty and he didn’t clean things up other than the most blatant tripping habit.

Agreed. It's like saying Zaza and Green had clean years because they didn't repeat their most famous dirty plays. Like them, Allen's dirtier when losing IMO.

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2018, 02:00:33 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
You either want a trash talker who plays irritating physical without foul. or you go Zaza to take out opponent player, those cheap tripping serves no good

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think Grayson can expect to get his butt kicked in the NBA the moment it even looks like he does something dirty. He’s not Draymond Green where he’ll be able to get away with that.

Agree, the guy looks like he's still 11 lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Let's not forget how Marcus Smart was a pesky player with non too good a sense when he played in his early days. He wasn't a repeat trip offender but even this past year he had a fight with a wall picture in his hotel. If the C's do draft Allen I think he'll get a daily dose of a$$ kicking from Smart for the duration of at least the training camp.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Marcus Smart is basically Draymond Green at PG without the cheap shots, folks.   Same type they make winning plays and get under the other team's skin.   He is a lot more sturdy than Allen of Donte though I think.   It is like having a linebacker at guard, those other two don't bring that kind of physicality to the table.

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 07:02:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
If Allen insists on blindsiding, tripping, and hurting people - thanks but no thanks. This crap has no place in the league.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
here is what celticswire has to say about him....plus a herd and a half of other prospects.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/09/the-definitive-boston-celtics-2018-nba-draft-primer/

GRAYSON ALLEN
Allen is an irritant of the highest order whose aggressiveness often times boarders on dirty play. He’s got the athleticism and game to stick in the NBA, and Boston’s front office – with Ainge at the helm – is one that’s likely to turn a blind eye on questionable activity conducted in the name of competitiveness.

Strengths
– Capable three-point shooter (SI, Ringer, NBAD)
– Tough competitor with high-energy style of play (SI, Ringer, NBAD)
– Good rebounder for his position (Ringer, NBAD)
– Very good athlete (SI)
– Possesses excellent footwork, particularly when navigating screens (Ringer)
– Aggressive attacking closeouts (Ringer)
– Solid passer who improved as a playmaker during college career (Ringer)

Weaknesses
– Flat-footed perimeter defender who lacks lateral quickness (Ringer, NBAD)
– Athleticism doesn’t always translate on the court (SI)
– First step needs improvement (Ringer)
– Settles for floaters rather than getting to the rim too often (Ringer)
– Peaked as a collegiate player two years ago (Ringer)
– Lacks ideal size (NBAD)
– Not much of a creator with the ball in his hands (NBAD)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2018, 07:42:16 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
Danny is never a dirty player, Smart is never a dirty player, Stevens will never like a dirty player, esp a cheap one

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2018, 07:49:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think the kid has made a couple mistakes in college. Does that mean he can't grow up? I think he deserves a chance. I mean there are and have been some really dirty players in the NBA: JR Smith, Dwayne Wade, Ron Artest, Laimbeer and on and on. Give the kid a chance.