Author Topic: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo  (Read 6065 times)

Re: Grayson Allen or Donte DiVincenzo
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 09:02:39 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Seems Boston has the list down to about 10 guys most likely to be there are 27

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Donte over Grayson.

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Allen.

Allen will trip everybody at the nba.  Poor lateral quickness

In other words, he will have a much better excuse.
He posted a top 5 all time lane agility time in combine history. I think he’ll be fine. It’s funny how he has a clean year where he’s the leader of the team, but people won’t get over the trip

And these same fans extoll the virtues of Marcus Smart, who did something far worse than Grayson ever did (attack a fan).

It's actually rather humorous.

Interesting.  I think pushing a fan in the chest who is screaming garbage in your face is not as bad as tripping an athlete in a competitive sport played on a hard court.  No one ever died from a push in the chest.  But look what happened to Gordon Hayward on a play that was unintentional. 

I vote DiVincenzo.  Not because he was tripless...he just looks like more fun to root for than Grayson.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:24 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I like them both at 27. Loads of upside at 2 guard/ wing. Well rounded, athletic, good shooters. Lot worse you can do there.

That 1 game from Donte gives him the slight edge for me.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I like them both at 27. Loads of upside at 2 guard/ wing. Well rounded, athletic, good shooters. Lot worse you can do there.

That 1 game from Donte gives him the slight edge for me.

I agree.  Both are kind of similar if you think about it. Minus the tripping.

Donte has a better body and is a better athlete.  Grayson Allen has a larger sample

Wouldn't be surprised if either go before the Celts pick.  This is why I think the Celts need to move up.

Not really impressed with the type of talent available at 27 .... Jalen Brunson is  probably the safest and most likely available around this range.  But also doesn't have much of a ceiling. short wingspan,  not a great athlete, older prospect. Reminds me of a taller Jameer Nelson

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
From the few games I've watched GA play since the tripping incidents, he's still a dirty player even though he hasn't been tripping players. More subtle. That and clumsy/reckless.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2018, 11:59:01 PM »

Offline uconnceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
The most consistent shooter would be best and I think either will help at some point

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 12:04:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
From the few games I've watched GA play since the tripping incidents, he's still a dirty player even though he hasn't been tripping players. More subtle. That and clumsy/reckless.

Exactly

Like a Delladova

This is why rather have Divincenzo

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I haven't watched either player a ton but have seen both in a half dozen games a piece and watched some recent highlight videos. DiVincenzo seem like the better player but I also thought james young was going to be good. Lots of smarter folks than me wanted Rodney Hood or Gary Harris over james young. James young is not in the league any more and the other two are still playing. You swing and you miss but some times the swings are not misses but not exactly homers either. Which of these guys will out work everyone else and grab a spot on this packed Celtics squad?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 02:07:57 AM by liam »

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 05:13:38 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Grayson Allen's grit alone would keep us a step ahead of our opponents.

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 05:22:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I would happily use a 27th pick on him if all he did throughout his career was troll players like LeBron and Curry
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2018, 10:44:48 AM »

Offline kmart12

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 20
A lot of mocks are predicting DiVincenzo is going in the 15-20 range at this point. After seeing him a few times with Villanova, I thought he was fairly impressive. I can definitely understand the hype and why NBA teams feel comfortable drafting him that high; he has a solid skill set and underrated athleticism to compensate for his suboptimal measurements (6'3.5" no shoes and 6'6" wingspan). If he were to fall to us, I would gladly take him and consider it a steal.

Allen is a more realistic pick, in my opinion, because his stock has been falling. He only measured in at 6'3" barefoot with a 6'7" wingspan. Similarly to DiVincenzo, the measurements aren't optimal, but I'm under the impression that they don't matter nearly as much as they used to circa 2000-2006 when combo guards were unfavorable, and those that stood out were outliers (see: Cutino Mobley). I am not a fan of the tripping stuff, but Allen can shoot from outside and at a high clip, and he has the verticality to play in the NBA. Additionally, I think he can make plays for a teammates well enough to take the lead in a pinch. I don't mind us taking a chance on him and consider him to have fairly high upside given his potential draft spot.

I actually like both of these picks and would be happy either way. Here's hoping they're available in the late 20's.

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 11:12:40 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Celtics have entered the win now mode

Rozier , Tatum,Brown all play off experienced ready to roll

Allen is mature and physically ready to take a beating .  His surly attitude could serve him well in the NOt so friendly NBA .  Where confidence is 75 % of th game or more.  The guy thinks he belongs and thats half the battle .   If his skills don't match his mouth ...then he ll disappear.   Just a 27 th pick wasted .  Celtics have wasted far worse .

I m a Smart fan and , if he leaves , Celtics need more like him and less like Uncle Snooze Jeff Green

for me watching his video , he is a steal a 27 .   He comes from a winning program and has a winners attitude .  He seems the typical type guy DA wants ,  or else Danny hates himself.

I think DA and CBS will like what he can do .....as a Rookie.

Cheap , mature , young legs off the bench ....but no 19 yr old 27 th pick who needss 3-4 yars training like AB or Rozier .....no time for James Youngs .
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 11:29:25 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2018, 11:14:00 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Since we're going for skinny scrappy white guys, let's take JP Macura as a sleeper

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2018, 11:33:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

I would happily use a 27th pick on him if all he did throughout his career was troll players like LeBron and Curry

He is the type of guy that would get under Currys skin ,   just like Ainge got under the skin of those Laker , Hawks and Pistons guys back in the day . 

Philly already has thatbrookie guy who plays like him McConnell ?    They don' need another clone .