Author Topic: Hate It or Love It - the Stars are Perfectly Aligned for Lebron to Boston  (Read 8171 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No necessarily.

Does LeBron own a house in BOS? He has several in MIA, LA and CLE, I thought.

Would he even COMMIT more than a YEAR to BOS if he chose us?

Would Kyrie (and GH and Big Al) even sign off on him coming here?

Who would we have to MOVE to get him? I can only imagine JB...

PG - Kyrie
SG - LeBron
F - GH
F - Jayson
C - Big Al

Keep most (if not all) of our bench.

There are still too many particulars to consider with this all.

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/popovich-reportedly-all-in-at-making-a-case-for-the-spurs-to-lebron-james

I'm surprised San Antonio is barely mentioned in these "Lebron's next destination" rumors/odds, even less than Golden State and Boston who have slim chances to begin with.

We talk so much about him going to Houston as a possibility, but it would be complicated and would also require a S&T. It's possible, but San Antonio could do the same then. I mean, a duo of Lebron/Kawhi with Pop... good lord! And maybe Aldridge although it's likely he's gone in S&T or salary-dump kind move.

If Lebron joins SAS, they got a fantastic shot at overthrowing Golden State in the West and battling against us in the Finals  8)

Also keeps him away from LAL and PHI!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
http://foxsanantonio.com/sports/popovich-reportedly-all-in-at-making-a-case-for-the-spurs-to-lebron-james

I'm surprised San Antonio is barely mentioned in these "Lebron's next destination" rumors/odds, even less than Golden State and Boston who have slim chances to begin with.

We talk so much about him going to Houston as a possibility, but it would be complicated and would also require a S&T. It's possible, but San Antonio could do the same then. I mean, a duo of Lebron/Kawhi with Pop... good lord! And maybe Aldridge although it's likely he's gone in S&T or salary-dump kind move.

If Lebron joins SAS, they got a fantastic shot at overthrowing Golden State in the West and battling against us in the Finals  8)

If they can keep Kawhi next to LeBron, both under Pop, then that team is insane. The best wing defender in the league next to the best player in the world is pretty well equipped to take down GSW.

We saw what Pop could do with frickin Boris Diaw. Imagine what he could do with LeBron ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If they can keep Kawhi next to LeBron, both under Pop, then that team is insane. The best wing defender in the league next to the best player in the world is pretty well equipped to take down GSW.

We saw what Pop could do with frickin Boris Diaw. Imagine what he could do with LeBron ;D

Yeah, I think Lebron should consider them first before Houston to be honest, although it is true his good friend CP3 is in Houston, so that's a nice lure from HOU.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lebron isn't going to consider the Spurs unless they straighten out the mess with Kawhi. 

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Strictly in terms of Championships for Lebron and for the Celtics.  In other words take
a moment away from not wanting Lebron here because he's Lebron and just consider championships.
(I personally think if Lebron wants more rings that he needs the Celtics more than the Celtics need him...Houston was going to take down Golden State if not for Paul's injury imho...they just haven't been tested enough...they're great, yes, but not invincible...they almost lost game 1 at home...we can beat them without Lebron).

Okay, Best for Lebron's ring total:
1.  Houston
2.  Boston (in second not first because of what we'd have to give up to get him)
3.  Utah or Pelicans (not happening)
4.  Philly (not as organized as Pels/Utah....I smell friction with Embiid, poor chemistry)

Best for Celtics' ring total:  (aside from him staying in Cleveland or retiring or playing in Europe haha)
1. Lebron chooses Boston
2. Lebron chooses Philly over Houston (Houston unbeatable with Paul, Harden, Lebron and Capela)
3  Lebron chooses Utah or Pelicans (Celtic might lose, but nice story and would make a fun finals against Celtics)
4. Lebron chooses Houston..who keeps Paul and Harden too (nightmare for 2019 title chances)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Strictly in terms of Championships for Lebron and for the Celtics.  In other words take
a moment away from not wanting Lebron here because he's Lebron and just consider championships.

Nope. Sorry, man. Just can't do it.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I'm surprised at myself, but I actually like the idea of LeBron in San Antonio. I'd rather see him go there or New Orleans than to Houston, L.A., or Philly.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I'm surprised at myself, but I actually like the idea of LeBron in San Antonio. I'd rather see him go there or New Orleans than to Houston, L.A., or Philly.

New Orleans is another intriguing possibility, or even Utah.

Utah would have to dump some salary though and NOP probably needs to conduct some S&T involving Cousins to make it happen, but it would no doubt be a complicated one.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Portland would be great for James from a strictly basketball perspective but like San Antonio I just don't see him going there (though San An is more likely), but for the sake of argument would the Cavs  do something like this and in that i just don't know.

Cleveland - Turner, Collins, Harkless, Swanigan, Aminu, and a couple of 1sts
Portland - James, Smith

Portland also has a trade exception large enough for Clarkson which could be an additional incentive for the Cavs.

So the Cavs would unload Smith and Clarkson, get some young players and some draft picks (tjough do have to take on Turner and Harkless).  The Blazers would be filthy with James, Lillard, McCollom and Nurkic (though would be way into the luxury tax)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
You all need to wake up..he isn't going to the West unless it's Warriors

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

The Knicks is an interesting idea. 

James opts in and is traded before the draft in something like this

Boston - James
New York - Irving, Morris
Cleveland - Kanter, Mudiay, Yabusele, Nader, 9, 27

Yeah, that would be a fairly realistic trade with Irving and about what Cleveland could expect in that situation.

The same type of three-way trade could be used for Hayward if Irving was okay with a Lebron trade, too. A place like Miami or maybe even Utah would be thrilled to help facilitate a three-way deal for Hayward.

I just would feel bad to trade Hayward straight to the Cleveland wasteland after what he went through this year, though.
Irving to Minnesota with Wiggins to Cleveland would also be a possibility that would seemingly make sense for all 3 teams as well.  I'm sure other possibilities could arise.  There are also other trades where Horford and an asset go to Cleveland and Boston moves Irving in a separate trade (if him and James can't be together).

At the end of the day there are a lot of potential trades out there should James decide he wants to come to Boston.

Doesn’t Boston also have to decide it wants to trade for Lebron? I know you live at the epicenter of Lebronamania, but a lot of us New England folk are not that keen on bringing him here.