Author Topic: Hate It or Love It - the Stars are Perfectly Aligned for Lebron to Boston  (Read 8185 times)

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It's nice that the Celtics are now in every conversation in the NBA. That's how you know you are a top team.

true that ;D

i don 't think Lebron wants to be a Celtic .  He is the polar opposite in my thinking.    KG was born to be a celtic , i followed him his whole career.   

I loathe Lebrons ISO one man everything game.

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
Why does Boston make more sense than Philadelphia? I just don't get it.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It has more veterans to win now and its young stars can shoot the ball. A lot easier to play with Tatum and Simmons for LBJ for example.

Still I wouldn't say BOS is strictly better than Philly, just different pieces and depends on what LBJ thinks and what PHI would do to fill out the roster.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

We have better 3 point shooters.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Lebron is not coming. The stars will never align that way. Houston Or LA if he leaves.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
There better be some serious fault(s) with these stars ;) ::) ;D.

When I looked at the title, I thought of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMBmK5uksg

Aayy, Drew got a role in a music video, lol ;D. Cool.

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

We have better 3 point shooters.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

Also unless Simmons finds a jump shot, there are concerns as to whether Lebron and Simmons can even co-exist. It worked in Miami and Cleveland because Kyrie and Wade sacrificed their roles a bit but could still score and hit jumpers/3s. Simmons can't unless he's inside the paint almost the entire time. Plus bringing in Lebron also means practically all their good shooters leave unless they decide to come back on vet. minimum exceptions (Reddick, Belinelli, Ilyasova, etc.)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
They'd have to move one of Kyrie/Horford/Hayward to make this happen which is highly unlikely.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
They'd have to move one of Kyrie/Horford/Hayward to make this happen which is highly unlikely.

Goodbye Al.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Does Stevens really want the coach LeBron? Will LeBron even listen to Stevens?

I have serious doubts about this, and I'm not sure I even want it to.

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Because our guys without our 2 best players just beat their full team. That being said, I want no part of Lebron on this team. We want to build a dynasty and they have the players to do it.

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I doubt it happens, but trade KI to a team well under the cap (Bulls, Hawks, Suns, Philly, Mavs...) and bring back a lottery pick in this year's draft and whatever else.  KI and Sac pick for Mavs #4 or KI and Memphis pick for Bulls #8? C's let Smart go and trade Morris to Philly for a 2nd rounder.   Approximate cap space now available for Lebron (I think). 

No way LBJ comes to Boston, but if he does I think we'd be crazy to not be ecstatic.

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
So there is a player who goes out for James? Horford + Pix?

Point guard(?)/Irving
Brown
Hayward
James
Center/Tatum

Now lets match this group with the "enemy" for the following reason...this is what James is doing...right? He picks his roster.

Curry
Green
Durant
Thompson
McGee/Iguodala

Ok, so Tatum is off the bench and the Celtics have a center...who is "inexpensive."

Call me crazy, but, what's the line for those two rosters in Vegas?

Golden State is still favored in this title match up. Isn't that what we are talking about? Beating GSW?

The above Celtics roster has "no punch up front" which comes in handy when playing for all of the money.

They need Garnett or similar offensively competent defensively superb front court player. Red Auerbach always had one. Lots of wings and shooters and zillionaires flying through the air is great, but, all those banners are about a team that had a freaking frontcourt presence...this roster does not have one and Baynes is a bench player.

Curry scores lots of threes, big deal, the other night he couldn't hit a barn. Offense can come and go, to beat GSW the Celtics need more than James and wingers. You want to win against those highlight reel chasin' three point cupcakes? Beat on them.

Watch some Dave Cowens, Kevin Garnett and Bill Russell  tape and get back to me. 

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
By the way, jpotter33?

Great post!

TP