Author Topic: Hate It or Love It - the Stars are Perfectly Aligned for Lebron to Boston  (Read 8182 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
A year ago I would say no way does this happen. Now, after what Danny was willing to do last off season, I know better.

I will just be disappointed if it does happen, though.

The reason I signed on to the Kyrie trade was that we were acquiring a 25 year old star. 

Lebron is 33. A super star, maybe the best all time player, but still, 33.

CB Fans seem to fall into two categories: Those who want to do whatever it takes to win the title next season. And those (me included) who want to build a team that is capable of competing for a title many years to come.

Lebron also brings with him all the media garbage (some his fault), so that it becomes Lebron and everyone else.  That is contrary to the culture Brad and Danny have been trying to establish the last several seasons.

And count me in with those who say that trading Kyrie would be a condition to bringing Lebron into town. No way Kyrie stays, certainly not beyond next season. 

Any push by Ainge will hinge on his answer to this question:

Are the Warriors so much better than us as presently constituted?

Put another way, do we need Lebron in order to beat the Warriors?

It's really that simple.  I would answer no, we don't. 

How about you, Danny?

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Perfectly aligned except for the money thing.  And the Kyrie thing.  I’m not buying a trade so basically, it’s not happening.
there is no beef between kyrie and Lebron. There was beef between kyrie and Cleveland.
That’s not how I remember it.  I believe there is no personal issue between Lebron and kyrie sure.  But my understanding is that the biggest motivating factor was Kyrie getting out of Lebrons shadow.

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I could see it happening...We'd have to trade Horford or Hayward. Kyrie's salary doesn't match and I don't think Danny would deal Brown, just to match salaries.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

The Knicks is an interesting idea. 

James opts in and is traded before the draft in something like this

Boston - James
New York - Irving, Morris
Cleveland - Kanter, Mudiay, Yabusele, Nader, 9, 27

Yeah, that would be a fairly realistic trade with Irving and about what Cleveland could expect in that situation.

The same type of three-way trade could be used for Hayward if Irving was okay with a Lebron trade, too. A place like Miami or maybe even Utah would be thrilled to help facilitate a three-way deal for Hayward.

I just would feel bad to trade Hayward straight to the Cleveland wasteland after what he went through this year, though.
Irving to Minnesota with Wiggins to Cleveland would also be a possibility that would seemingly make sense for all 3 teams as well.  I'm sure other possibilities could arise.  There are also other trades where Horford and an asset go to Cleveland and Boston moves Irving in a separate trade (if him and James can't be together).

At the end of the day there are a lot of potential trades out there should James decide he wants to come to Boston. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
It would ravage the Celtics too much .  He is getting long in the tooth , and if you can not sign him for 3 years , then you have destroyed the Celtics team for ONE year of Lebron .

then its back to square one .....bron arrives and leaves you maybe with title and probably not .  I don't think the Celtics owners would do this even if Danny would.

Danny won't do that 1 year deal stuff and deplete the team, on whim that Lebron can bring Celtics a title in ONE season .  I kinda doubt it .  It usually takes him 2-4 years to bond and get settled into a situation.

If you bring in Lebron , for a year , then you pay the luxury tax and keep everybody and see if you can win. a title .  So after he bolts you still have your young players .  Dumping great ypung players is a bad idea for ONE year of Lebron.

The Luxury tax just goes along with having Lebron on the team and win at any cost pressure he brings .   He would be a hired gun to win a title , then he bolts for the next best deal.

Lebron is forcing teams into bad situations with these one year deals .   Just destroys teams
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:09:26 PM by SHAQATTACK »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
A year ago I would say no way does this happen. Now, after what Danny was willing to do last off season, I know better.

I will just be disappointed if it does happen, though.

The reason I signed on to the Kyrie trade was that we were acquiring a 25 year old star. 

Lebron is 33. A super star, maybe the best all time player, but still, 33.

CB Fans seem to fall into two categories: Those who want to do whatever it takes to win the title next season. And those (me included) who want to build a team that is capable of competing for a title many years to come.

Lebron also brings with him all the media garbage (some his fault), so that it becomes Lebron and everyone else.  That is contrary to the culture Brad and Danny have been trying to establish the last several seasons.

Count me in your category footy.  I hope this is just all media frenzy and that we aren't even on his list.  Lebron is a great player, one of the greatest ever, but I want our team to be the one that end's Lebron's run of trips to the finals.  Don't do it Danny!!!!

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I am of the latter ilk.   But LBJ is big compromise, he is a great player but a malcontent who has sabotaged coaches in the past and quit on his team at times.   It happened, he has been a lot better lately in terms of quitting but if they get blown out tonight, you know he will come out early and watch or go to the locker room.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

Boston - James
boy, if cleveland cant get more than that poo poo platter for lebron,the fans should lynch the management of the team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

I am of the latter ilk.   But LBJ is big compromise, he is a great player but a malcontent who has sabotaged coaches in the past and quit on his team at times.   It happened, he has been a lot better lately in terms of quitting but if they get blown out tonight, you know he will come out early and watch or go to the locker room.

this is why i dislike him.   I remember the FAKE injury he had to allow himself to bow out of the Spurs game couple seasons back when SA was blowing Cavs out like crazy ......Lebron basically did a NO Mass  ...white flag .   He was getting destroyed and could not handle the situation mentally.  Lebron is not the the most mentally stable character

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Dont need him..if celtics shot better in game 7, we would be un finals..and that without hayward and irving
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Dont need him..if celtics shot better in game 7, we would be un finals..and that without hayward and irving

Sure, but it's about keeping him from 76ers....We won't be playing Those same Cavs next season.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

thats right . 

If our stars were 100% we would be playing instead of Lebron. 

nothing wrong with our team .....we just need all the players back healthy .

I hope he goes to LA .  That would be so cool.   He would push them  back years , depleting them of young players , and shove them back on the brink of luxury tax once again ...or push them over .....wreck a long term build for them.

Bron is overdue a major injury .....way overdue ...... the older he gets the more problematic his health becomes .  Kobe played too hard to old and injured himself .   

I d rather that happen to Lakers than Celtics. .....they can have him.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
When I looked at the title, I thought of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuMBmK5uksg
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Still, nope. Doesn't make any sense. I truly don't think trying to bring him here is a good idea, even if he wanted to come here.

Also, let's say LeBron goes to the 76ers. Simmons is toast, he becomes a useless part of that team- or he only plays when LeBron is on the bench. Embiid needs to bully down low to be consistently effective on offense. IMO It's just not  a good fit.

Just say no to LBJ.

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

Boston - James

I hate to say it, but that trade makes sense.  A couple more draft picks might have to change hands.  I've said on here I don't want James on the Celtics.  I'd rather beat him.  I suppose I could get used to winning championships though.  A lineup of James, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford would be unstoppable.  Not even the Warriors could challenge that.  We'd still have the Sac pick coming our way too.