Author Topic: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded  (Read 7750 times)

Re: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2018, 12:54:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
I have never been impressed with Hayward especially on defense. If he gets traded for someone better, so be it.

He didn't play about 81.11 regular season games with the Celtics under Coach Brad Stevens, relax lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2018, 01:16:39 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I have never been impressed with Hayward especially on defense. If he gets traded for someone better, so be it.

That is such a completely convincing argument, thanks.

Just one teensy question, fine sir: who would be on this list of players who are better, at the SG/SF position, that we could trade for? I'd love for you to lay out the cornucopia of available options!

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2018, 10:46:17 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
If we trade Kyrie or Hayward, you can kiss Stevens goodbye. I don't see any way Stevens stays around if either of them are traded this offseason. Duke could easily come calling if Coach K decided to leave. If I were Ainge I would only entertain trades for Horford, Smart, Rozier and picks.

All I'm saying is let's not get carried away with dismantling a good team with the potential to win 2-3 chips over the next 5 years. Stevens is probably tired of a revolving door of trades and wants to groom a team for at least 2 years. We haven't even seen this team play together. I truly believe we would've matched up better with the Warriors even with the injuries.

« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2018, 11:28:38 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If we trade Kyrie or Hayward, you can kiss Stevens goodbye. I don't see any way Stevens stays around if either of them are traded this offseason. Duke could easily come calling if Coach K decided to leave. If I were Ainge I would only entertain trades for Horford, Smart, Rozier and picks.

All I'm saying is let's not get carried away with dismantling a good team with the potential to win 2-3 chips over the next 5 years. Stevens is probably tired of a revolving door of trades and wants to groom a team for at least 2 years. We haven't even seen this team play together. I truly believe we would've matched up better with the Warriors even with the injuries.

Horford is literally the PERFECT big man in Stevens' system. I don't think he'd be happy if Horford was just traded away either. That's kind of the conundrum in all of this. Oh if only Lebron would say "Yes Danny, I'll sign for the MLE and take some endorsement deals to make up for the max"  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Horford is literally the PERFECT big man in Stevens' system. I don't think he'd be happy if Horford was just traded away either. That's kind of the conundrum in all of this. Oh if only Lebron would say "Yes Danny, I'll sign for the MLE and take some endorsement deals to make up for the max"  :(
That's his best choice, actually the only choice

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2018, 06:04:29 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
There's a piece on The Ringer about it that says trading Hayward wouldn't be as bad as the IT trade. I think this is ridiculous.

IT gave Boston everything it ever could've asked of him and more but the Celtics don't owe him anything. As Don Draper would say, That's what the money is for. The Celtics didn't ask IT to come here or make him any promises. They acquired him in a trade and it was the luckiest thing that could've happened to the kid.

Hayward is different. Hayward chose to leave his home with the understanding that Boston was going to help him compete for championships with his old coach. Trading him away now would actually be dishonest and slimy in a way that I never thought the IT trade was.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
There's a piece on The Ringer about it that says trading Hayward wouldn't be as bad as the IT trade. I think this is ridiculous.

IT gave Boston everything it ever could've asked of him and more but the Celtics don't owe him anything. As Don Draper would say, That's what the money is for. The Celtics didn't ask IT to come here or make him any promises. They acquired him in a trade and it was the luckiest thing that could've happened to the kid.

Hayward is different. Hayward chose to leave his home with the understanding that Boston was going to help him compete for championships with his old coach. Trading him away now would actually be dishonest and slimy in a way that I never thought the IT trade was.

The difference is, IT was begging for the brinks truck and that was the icing to the cake to shipping him out.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

The difference is, IT was begging for the brinks truck and that was the icing to the cake to shipping him out.

Maybe. But I think even if he had never made the comments, the trade still happens because Irving was the better player to have on the team going forward and the Celtics never promised him anything.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2018, 05:54:22 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Right, IT asked for the Brinks truck and Hayward was just given it. 

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2018, 07:01:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is all media hype, anyways...

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2018, 07:21:11 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

That is such a completely convincing argument, thanks.

Just one teensy question, fine sir: who would be on this list of players who are better, at the SG/SF position, that we could trade for? I'd love for you to lay out the cornucopia of available options!

It's too late now, Danny already invested a hundred million in Hayward.

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2018, 07:22:26 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

He didn't play about 81.11 regular season games with the Celtics under Coach Brad Stevens, relax lol.

He shooting is great, but when we played Utah with Hayward, we were able to take advantage of him when he was on defense. Like Korver.

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2018, 07:41:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He shooting is great, but when we played Utah with Hayward, we were able to take advantage of him when he was on defense. Like Korver.
I'm not sure what you're remembering, but who exactly were we using to take advantage of Hayward?? Hayward is leagues above Korver defensively, and is comfortably labelled a good defender
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2018, 08:00:03 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Assertions like that need a bit more evidence behind them.  Having seen various members on the Jazz, both on and off the team, I’m pretty certain one would attack Rodney Hood and Shelvin Mack.  Anyone who watched the postseason this year would agree on Hood. Mack is in Orlando now, so no one watches him, but “Orlando” should say enough on its own.

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The reverse racism strikes again!

Hayward is a very good defender. This notion that he's not only speaks as to someone that has either not watched him player or is basing it off some preconceived notion as if he were Kapono, Korver, Morrison, etc. He's not! Not only is he very quick laterally, which prevents dribble penetration, but he's an excellent team defender who's head is always on a swivel in order to help teammates out with doubles and/or rotate to an open shooter. He's also a very good defensive rebounder.

This is the player you're comparing to Korver. See why it's so laughable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O-isBj5aas