Author Topic: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded  (Read 7733 times)

Re: Hayward Is NOT Getting Traded
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 12:32:35 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ainge is indeed cold blooded, but wow, that would be extraordinary even for him. On the heels of IT, it would wreck the Celtics' goodwill around the league.

Hayward is not spare parts, for god's sake. Please go watch any highlights of him from 2016-17. He's an absolute stud who just turned 28.

Danny is walking on thin ice as we speak

Based on what?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 12:36:26 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Ainge is indeed cold blooded, but wow, that would be extraordinary even for him. On the heels of IT, it would wreck the Celtics' goodwill around the league.

Hayward is not spare parts, for god's sake. Please go watch any highlights of him from 2016-17. He's an absolute stud who just turned 28.

LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Based on what?

This footage:  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Based on what?

The way he traded IT4... did you already forget?

I'm not saying his job is in jeopardy, but his rep around the league is likely not great

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I trust Zach Lowe's reporting on the C's especially.

He said that if one of our max contracts, Kyrie/Hayward/Horford, is needed to match salary for a trade it would be Hayward who would go.

Agreed, I trust Zach Lowe a lot more than a bunch of random Celtics Bloggers.  Hayward is little more than a trade chip to Danny at this point.  I'd say he's in a position similar to Ray Allen during the original big 3 era.  As long as he's renting in Boston he'll be fine. These guys get how it works.

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He said that if one of our max contracts, Kyrie/Hayward/Horford, is needed to match salary for a trade it would be Hayward who would go.

Agreed, I trust Zach Lowe a lot more than a bunch of random Celtics Bloggers.  Hayward is little more than a trade chip to Danny at this point.  I'd say he's in a position similar to Ray Allen during the original big 3 era.  As long as he's renting in Boston he'll be fine. These guys get how it works.

you can't do that to Hayward. I don't care what Lowe thinks

If Danny does that, he will cut off any hope for another decent UFA to sign with the team in the future

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Based on what?

I'm not saying his job is in jeopardy, but his rep around the league is likely not great

So nothing. Just making stuff up again.

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Based on what?

IT4 traded himself with that max demand attitude and not want to do surgery

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Based on what?

year sure...   keep tinting those glasses green

It was one of the most difficult conversations I ever had,” Ainge told CSN following ... Thomas was instrumental in recruiting Horford and Hayward to sign with Boston.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:22:56 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 01:20:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wanted the trade to happen

but it doesn't mean Danny is a saint

I don't remember the last time a player is instrumental in recruiting a key UFA, then was shipped out a month later

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Based on what?

It was one of the most difficult conversations I ever had,” Ainge told CSN following ... Thomas was instrumental in recruiting Horford and Hayward to sign with Boston.

A 9 month old blog article that literally has nothing to do with your “thin ice” claim?

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Based on what?

A 9 month old blog article that literally has nothing to do with your “thin ice” claim?

Are you telling me with a straight face...the way IT4 was traded (after he helped recruit Hayward) for a shinier toy.....that players around the league think Danny is a trustworthy GM?

If you are a key FA that wants to sign and commit to a 4 year deal..... why would you want to sign with the Celtics knowing the fact the GM is cold blooded and you can be traded at any point?

This thinking would be exacerbated if Hayward is traded

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 01:33:54 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

Based on what?

Are you telling me with a straight face...the way IT4 was traded (after he helped recruit Hayward) for a shinier toy.....that players around the league think Danny is a trustworthy GM?

If you are a key FA that wants to sign and commit to a 4 year deal..... why would you want to sign with the Celtics knowing the fact the GM is cold blooded and you can be traded at any point?

This will be exacerbated if Hayward is traded

You said he was on “thin ice”.

Outside your own projections, show me that to be the case.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 01:53:09 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Based on what?

This thinking would be exacerbated if Hayward is traded
Ainge isn't a saint but he isn't cold blooded, he is well known loyal to his players, he send PP and KG out for their last run and send IT to a final team.

And for all we know Hayward has much trust in him, giving up millions dollars and not asking for a no trade clue, he knew Ainge won't treat him bad.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:05:48 PM by playdream »

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 02:19:34 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

I think the "magic number" in a S&T for Lebron if he opts-in is 29.3M (for matching salaries). Kyrie, Morris, #27 and Yabusele gets there I think (and we throw in a future non-Kings Pick). If it doesn't, then add Nader and it very much should. Or The Ringer outlined a three team trade involving the Knicks that could make it work with us giving up Kyrie. 

I feel bad about even suggesting we trade Kyrie away, but the risk is there he bolts in a year and if we absolutely had to make some kind of move like this, I'd rather ship out Irving.
Don't forget the 2nd round pick we'd have to throw in when the Cavs "realize" that Kyrie's knee has been hurt and he might not play all 82 games next year.  :o . (I'm still bitter about that BS the Cavs pulled)