Author Topic: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019  (Read 8710 times)

Re: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2018, 08:21:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

When was this?
Like a day before they shut down Kyrie for the season.  Obviously they were having a tough conversation about it.
Love how its chipotle

Ainges addiction is real

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2018, 01:28:06 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250117/Celtics-Have-Concerns-About-Kyrie-Irving-Re-Signing-In-2019

Shams Charania replied to Mannix's assertion with the expectation from Irving that he would be with the Celtics over the long-term.

"I know Kyrie Irving's mindset when the trade happened was 'Boston is my home for the foreseeable future.'

I like Mannix, but I’ll take reporting from Shams or Woj over him any day.

EDIT: And Mannix is comparing apples and oranges. Of course he was dreaming of greener pastures in Cleveland, but now he’s the face of the most storied franchise in NBA history that is set up better for the next decade than any other team in the league. Does anyone really think he’s going to drop a Max contract here to go play in New York with that team?

Maybe. The guy is a flake, so the facts you listed may not mean anything to him.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2018, 04:31:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/kyrie-irving-sends-well-wishes-to-kristaps-porzingis-1.16839240
Kyrie Irving said he was disappointed not to have had a chance to play with Kristaps Porzingis in the All-Star Game and he sent the injured Knicks 7-3 center “well-wishes.”

The Celtics point guard also revealed that he paid Porzingis a compliment when the Knicks played in Boston in October earlier this season.

“I told him I would love to play with a big like you, man, when we played them in the beginning of the season when he came to Boston,’’ Irving said during the media session after practice on Saturday. “He’s so versatile. So I wish him nothing but the best and hope he comes back even stronger.”

« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2018, 04:36:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
https://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/kyrie-irving-sends-well-wishes-to-kristaps-porzingis-1.16839240
Kyrie Irving said he was disappointed not to have had a chance to play with Kristaps Porzingis in the All-Star Game and he sent the injured Knicks 7-3 center “well-wishes.”

The Celtics point guard also revealed that he paid Porzingis a compliment when the Knicks played in Boston in October earlier this season.

“I told him I would love to play with a big like you, man, when we played them in the beginning of the season when he came to Boston,’’ Irving said during the media session after practice on Saturday. “He’s so versatile. So I wish him nothing but the best and hope he comes back even stronger.”

What a bunch of bull. By the way that comment was made in October. I swear Knicks trying to drum up a storm, but who wants to play for that terrible excuse of a franchise lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2018, 05:09:35 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
In this day and age of Superhero (and Super TEAM) group-ups, star-crossed players....superstars taking the easy way out.......I can see why Kyrie would covet a player like Kristaps.

He is a unicorn.

If it is truly Kyrie's desire to play in NY - on Kristap's team - then I'm sure Danny will make it happen and it NOT be at the expense of OUR team in BOS.

While seeing Kyrie leave for NY (or any other team) would disappoint me it would not surprise me in the least.

What is the saying? Sometimes "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush?"

I "KNOW" that this is all speculation...and I expect Kyrie to be in BOS this season. But I also know that my very first sentence - while a bit dramatic I know - is all too real in today's NBA.

I believe Kyrie would be making a mistake in leaving US for the bright lights...the glitz...of Lakers East. That fan base would surely turn on him just like they turned on Patrick....Melo too - in some sense.

But it would be his choice.

I'd seriously hope that Kyrie wouldn't underestimate his OWN Big Man in Al Horford. Dude played admirably against not only Greek Freak but held his own versus Embiid. He LEAD this team to the ECF without him or Hayward.

Kyrie would be making a mistake in going to NY.

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he may be upset we did so well without him and he came here to be the man and we made to the ECF without him.   Now you and I know we will be better with him but that might have hurt his little feelings......

« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
This article reads like lazy summer speculation.

Didn't add anything new to what we knew.

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2018, 07:23:06 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
If I were the Knicks I would be stirring the pot. I would put rumor after rumor out there to get Kyrie to Knicks- In this era of fake news, shouldnt be hard-

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think he may be upset we did so well without him and he came here to be the man and we made to the ECF without him.   Now you and I know we will be better with him but that might have hurt his little feelings......
Then how "Celtic" is that? Is that any better than LeBron James? People treat Kyrie as a hero and hate LeBron but honestly I don't see Bron being much worse as a diva. I'm not saying move Kyrie, I'd keep him because he's a great PG but if Bron wants to come here and the possibility of a sign and trade is explored we'd have to be thinking of moving Kyrie instead of saying "nonono he's our warrior".
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
If I were the Knicks I would be stirring the pot. I would put rumor after rumor out there to get Kyrie to Knicks- In this era of fake news, shouldnt be hard-
I think they’ve definitely been doing this
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I don't have concerns about Kyrie leaving. I am just looking forward to seeing him healthy next season and helping us win a championship. All this Knicks nonsense is just white noise, nothing more.

Not to mention the Knicks are a dumpster fire while we are knocking on the door of the finals and we can offer him alot more money.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:05:28 PM by gpap »

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I'm not liking this

AT the end of the day, you can't trade Kyrie......as that "one shot" to win it all surpasses the fear that he might leave after next season, with the Celtics coming out empty handed  (Cavs trade)

Also no way Danny calls Lebron or his rep to cause any unnecessary drama .  The Celts are not the Celts of 2 seasons ago ...when the team was desperate for a Durant or Lebron

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't have concerns about Kyrie leaving. I am just looking forward to seeing him healthy next season and helping us win a championship. All this Knicks nonsense is just white noise, nothing more.

Not to mention the Knicks are a dumpster fire while we are knocking on the door of the finals and we can offer him alot more money.

you are right

all you can do it try to win it all next season.  Winning cures it all pretty much

Win it all and it should be an easy answer that Kyrie signs an extension

IF Irving walks.... Danny has a ton to work with (2019 draft picks).  Can trade for a high calibre PG or even draft one (top 5 pick likely)

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2018, 01:17:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Stephen Curry: “Kyrie is such a unique talent. You can just give him the ball and he’ll create a shot for you. They’re much more bent on executing in the half court and trying to create shots with movement, with screens and things like that. And obviously you can just give the ball to LeBron and he can create more times than not. That’s my best way of explaining it.” In other words, the Cavaliers just aren’t as good without Irving

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
This article reads like lazy summer speculation.

Didn't add anything new to what we knew.
The only color that matters is GREEN