Author Topic: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019  (Read 8711 times)

Re: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 01:23:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The fact people are buying into this click bait nonsense is exactly why reporters continue to put out such garbage reporting.

But whatever, I'll bet any one of you all of my TP's Kyrie ends up re-signing in Boston.
Agree
Also agree
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 01:29:22 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The Jackie Mac piece earlier this year scared the crap out of me. Made it seem like kyrie had little say in coming to Boston, gets really stir crazy easily and has always been a spontaneous type constantly looking for new challenges.   

The bigger concern is that he and jimmy butler are very close and both hit free agency at the same time.  Kyrie was interested in getting traded to Chicago when butler was there and was interested in getting traded to the wolves once butler got moved.  Those two teaming up in New York or Los Angeles is my biggest worry.

I agree. They are very tight apparently

Kyrie 1st and foremost wanted to escape Lebron/Cavs mess (he was right)

My guess is ...his thinking currently...enjoy the ride this upcoming season ... but we will see about the future attitude. No commitment. Which is good for him, bad for Danny and Celts org
the good thing is Tatum is tight with kyrie, they went on vacation last summer before kyrie was a celtic
That's encouraging.  I honestly think right now Kyrie is probably super pleased with playing in Boston - especially if Hayward is able to return.  I don't blame Boston for being concerned, though.  You never know what might happen next season and they are basically at the whims of a guy who believes the world is flat.  All it would take is him and Butler to say "hey let's go team up on this team and form our own Big 3" ... you can't rule it out.
if kyrie is a goner, you think  signing rozier and targeting klay thompson in 2019 free agency could work?

We'd probably be too guard heavy at that point. If we go for klay, maybe we can let rozier walk too and try to get a cheap guard like jeremy lin or Russell perhaps?

Worst case scenario - Rolling with rozier on a team friendly deal seems like a good consolation prize if kyrie walks
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:38:22 AM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 01:38:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
encouraging quote that Irving wants to stay long term (this was earlier this season)

“We need Hayward for years to come. It would be great if he came back this year. Hell, I miss him so much. He knows that. But I just want him to do what's best for him.”
maybe he spoke from 3rd person from the teams perspective? "we will need Hayward cuz I'm out of here after next year" lol
Lol ;D

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 01:42:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Also the Lebron plan to speak to Celtics rumor, doesnt help

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 01:54:12 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Also the Lebron plan to speak to Celtics rumor, doesnt help
99% chance its made up by stephen a smith to get views

1% chance that Ainge is going to move kyrie, and try to bring in lebron. Highly doubt this occurs though

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 03:08:34 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
The fact people are buying into this click bait nonsense is exactly why reporters continue to put out such garbage reporting.

But whatever, I'll bet any one of you all of my TP's Kyrie ends up re-signing in Boston.

I'd do the same if I didn't lose all of my TPs due to game 7 vs Cleveland. Kyrie has been saying all the right things since he got here, and is in a perfect situation to contend for championships for years to come. This is his team. I think the only way he leaves Boston is if Danny trades him.

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 03:10:55 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Don't listen to Mannixtreet preacher.
If we tolerate this then our children will be next.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 04:42:26 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 872
  • GOT IT!!!
I’m more concerned about giving a guy with his injury history a max deal than I am him walking in FA.

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 04:51:56 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Not worried about him wanting to leave.

Only major worry I have with Kyrie is his injury history.

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 06:02:05 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The report from Mannix is probably true, but does it really mean anything of significance?  Sounds like nothing more than stating the obvious.  Kyrie strikes me as a player who keeps his intentions to himself unless he is REALLY disgruntled.  He's hinted at wanting to stay in Boston for the long term but he's smart to wait and see how things play out with the team next season. 

The Celtics should have some level of concern until Kyrie expresses a willingness to sign a max contract with Boston.  On the flip side, it really falls on them to approach Kyrie first.  I'm sure the Celtics would like to hold off on these discussions until Kyrie returns at 100%.  There should be some level of concern on both sides. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them reach an extension agreement during the middle of next season if things are going well with the team.  The overall health of Hayward could expedite the discussions.

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2018, 06:04:15 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
A lot of people on Realgm are convinced that this is just Ainge floating a rumor to about Kyrie not re-signijg to soften the blow for a trade this summer.

To be clear if we end up with either AD, Kawhi, or another top 10 player I'd be ecstatic as anyone but if it was up to me we'd just re-sign Kyrie by any means necessary. There are only 2 other guys in the league that have Kyrie's size and scoring ability at the point and 1 is on GS (the other being Lilard). You have to keep Kyrie to become a true contender IMO.

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2018, 06:19:26 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
A lot of people on Realgm are convinced that this is just Ainge floating a rumor to about Kyrie not re-signijg to soften the blow for a trade this summer.

To be clear if we end up with either AD, Kawhi, or another top 10 player I'd be ecstatic as anyone but if it was up to me we'd just re-sign Kyrie by any means necessary. There are only 2 other guys in the league that have Kyrie's size and scoring ability at the point and 1 is on GS (the other being Lilard). You have to keep Kyrie to become a true contender IMO.

I'm skeptical about Ainge being responsible for rumors when we haven't reached the off-season yet.  This type of behavior could lead to alienating Kyrie.  The Celtics wont want that to happen unless Ainge is really close to making a major deal.  A much more reasonable leak would be discussions about an extension this summer that don't result in a firm commitment from Kyrie.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:28:21 AM by Green-18 »

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 06:36:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I hear this and that about the Knicks and most of the time, it is stirred up by the New York media.   NYC does not have the NBA pedigree of Boston.   They don't have as many historic moments, only one title and their best basketball has been played at various playgrounds.  NYC basketball wise is a step down.

I have not heard Tatum,Brown, or Irving say that they love Boston to a large degree.  PP used to gush about it.   This does worry me a bit.

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2018, 06:49:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
kinda goes with the territory when a team has a high profile player.    He is a desirable commodity to big market clubs .   Nothing new  there

Irving can play circles around Rozier .  I find  no comfort in having Rozier as my man starting guard.

the only reason I see him leaving at the moment is Wyc not wanting to pay him the max he will command. 

Otherwise we got a Ferrari right now ,  Lets ride!

Danny surely knew he d have to pay the guy eventually when he bought into the deal. No use getter ng worked up over it , the deal is what it is.

See how it goes this year .    Im not going to panic over specuLtion.   

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:05:01 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2018, 06:55:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Agree
Also agree

And agreed. Whatever source Mannix has, it doesn’t come from within the Celtics inner-circle.

I feel like the reporting here is only slightly better than an A. Sherrie Blakey “speculation as news”.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 07:02:12 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes