Author Topic: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019  (Read 8715 times)

Re: Mannix: Celtics have concerns about Kyrie re-signing in 2019
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 12:24:12 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
The Celtics are opening a brand new practise facility right in the city near the Garden. They think this will help sign FA and keep players happy. Kyrie is gonna love it. Next year will be even better than this year.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/05/10/celtics-build-new-practice-facility-brighton/ZgOj6mHPmsE6tjHbVZiIKM/story.html
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 12:27:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Jackie Mac piece earlier this year scared the crap out of me. Made it seem like kyrie had little say in coming to Boston, gets really stir crazy easily and has always been a spontaneous type constantly looking for new challenges.   

The bigger concern is that he and jimmy butler are very close and both hit free agency at the same time.  Kyrie was interested in getting traded to Chicago when butler was there and was interested in getting traded to the wolves once butler got moved.  Those two teaming up in New York or Los Angeles is my biggest worry.

I agree. They are very tight apparently

Kyrie 1st and foremost wanted to escape Lebron/Cavs mess (he was right)

My guess is ...his thinking currently...enjoy the ride this upcoming season ... but we will see about the future attitude. No commitment. Which is good for him, bad for Danny and Celts org

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 12:32:46 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
NYK and James Dolan vs the Cs? Not worried a bit.

yes but NYC - city/market is huge

Danny should sit down with Irving soon and ask what his intention/plans are

nothing short of "I want to be with the Celtics a long time" ....  Danny needs to "think" about trading him.  Not saying he should , because one season of Kyrie = championship potential...would be worth it, to lose him for nothing the season after ( though chances drop that this happens, in this case)

Market doesn't matter much these days; he, Butler and Zinger aren't enough to win a ring; and the Knicks are a clusterF operation.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 12:37:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

nothing short of "I want to be with the Celtics a long time" ....  Danny needs to "think" about trading him.  Not saying he should , because one season of Kyrie = championship potential...would be worth it, to lose him for nothing the season after ( though chances drop that this happens, in this case)

Market doesn't matter much these days; he, Butler and Zinger aren't enough to win a ring; and the Knicks are a clusterF operation.

yes...but doesn't mean they can't go sign additional help (doesn't have to be max but like a Middleton etc.)

Also Kyrie dream growing up, could have been to play for the Knicks.   

If Kyrie was really about ring chasing, it would have made more sense for him to bite the bullet and stay with the Cavs another season.

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I disagree.  LA and Knicks market still have intrigue and likely always will

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:13 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The fact people are buying into this click bait nonsense is exactly why reporters continue to put out such garbage reporting.

But whatever, I'll bet any one of you all of my TP's Kyrie ends up re-signing in Boston.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 12:44:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
At the end of the day

Its likely best to keep Kyrie for another season and attempt to win a championship.... even if there is a chance he walks after

no other way around it really

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 12:45:21 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
The Jackie Mac piece earlier this year scared the crap out of me. Made it seem like kyrie had little say in coming to Boston, gets really stir crazy easily and has always been a spontaneous type constantly looking for new challenges.   

The bigger concern is that he and jimmy butler are very close and both hit free agency at the same time.  Kyrie was interested in getting traded to Chicago when butler was there and was interested in getting traded to the wolves once butler got moved.  Those two teaming up in New York or Los Angeles is my biggest worry.

Can you imagine Kyrie playing for Thibs? Lol, dude wouldn't last 40 games ;D.

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 12:53:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
encouraging quote that Irving wants to stay long term (this was earlier this season)

“We need Hayward for years to come. It would be great if he came back this year. Hell, I miss him so much. He knows that. But I just want him to do what's best for him.”

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 12:54:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
encouraging quote that Irving wants to stay long term (this was earlier this season)

“We need Hayward for years to come. It would be great if he came back this year. Hell, I miss him so much. He knows that. But I just want him to do what's best for him.”
maybe he spoke from 3rd person from the teams perspective? "we will need Hayward cuz I'm out of here after next year" lol

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 01:01:13 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

My guess is ...his thinking currently...enjoy the ride this upcoming season ... but we will see about the future attitude. No commitment. Which is good for him, bad for Danny and Celts org

Hm, I believe last year's proposed package for Jimmy Butler included Jayson Tatum and LAL pick?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 01:03:45 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

the good thing is Tatum is tight with kyrie, they went on vacation last summer before kyrie was a celtic

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 01:10:37 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

the good thing is Tatum is tight with kyrie, they went on vacation last summer before kyrie was a celtic
That's encouraging.  I honestly think right now Kyrie is probably super pleased with playing in Boston - especially if Hayward is able to return.  I don't blame Boston for being concerned, though.  You never know what might happen next season and they are basically at the whims of a guy who believes the world is flat.  All it would take is him and Butler to say "hey let's go team up on this team and form our own Big 3" ... you can't rule it out.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 01:18:26 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

That's encouraging.  I honestly think right now Kyrie is probably super pleased with playing in Boston - especially if Hayward is able to return.  I don't blame Boston for being concerned, though.  You never know what might happen next season and they are basically at the whims of a guy who believes the world is flat.  All it would take is him and Butler to say "hey let's go team up on this team and form our own Big 3" ... you can't rule it out.
yeah I can definitely see it especially from how kyrie acts and thinks

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 01:23:24 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
The fact people are buying into this click bait nonsense is exactly why reporters continue to put out such garbage reporting.

But whatever, I'll bet any one of you all of my TP's Kyrie ends up re-signing in Boston.
Agree