Author Topic: LilRip goes to Boston!  (Read 5366 times)

Re: LilRip goes to Boston!
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 08:48:36 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
TPs to those who suggested. I will check those out! The duck tours sound interesting too.

Question about Chinatown and Chinese food in general: since I’m an Asian living in Asia who already regularly eats Asian food...is it worth going to China town? Or should I focus more on American type food or like bars/grilled stuff, etc.? (Where is Ainge’s chipotle? Lol)

Boston's Chinatown is not known for its, well, being good.

Stick to seafood. Legal is a chain, but reliable.

Okay, I'm going to share a secret with you. The best lunch place in Boston is a little kebob stand   about 100 yards from the Bill Russell statue in Government Center. It's called Karo's BBQ and is right across State Street from the Boston Massacre site. Get the pita pocket sandwich.

Mike

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 09:05:32 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Sam LaGrassas for pastrami sandwich right by the Jewellers Building downtown.
Mystral Restaurant on border of South End has steak a mashed potato pizza-strips of fillet drizzled with oil on a thin smearing of mash on a fantastic base-couldn't believe that was a specialty but it was-

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 290
I hear you asking me to come with, and I accept your invitation.  This will be a great trip!

Fellow CBers, please advise LilRip and me!

Not going to lie - just going by the thread title I thought that LilRip was a rapper and someone was going to ask about getting tickets, lol ;D.

Remember Lil' Penny? For some reason I thought there was a miniature Richard Hamilton doll and they were doing an ad campaign that involved Boston. Disappointed when there was no video in the original post.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 09:28:11 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
TPs to those who suggested. I will check those out! The duck tours sound interesting too.

Question about Chinatown and Chinese food in general: since I’m an Asian living in Asia who already regularly eats Asian food...is it worth going to China town? Or should I focus more on American type food or like bars/grilled stuff, etc.? (Where is Ainge’s chipotle? Lol)

i was not aware you were Asian, in that case, it's probably still worth seeing it for a bit, Dim Sum at windsor or Great Taste is good, someone mentioned Kung Fu tea, but i'll do you one better, Tea-Do is much better
-Crave is a nice bar/lounge, Korean style
-you can skip the hot pot imo, it's not really special
-If you never tried Poke, i recommend eating at Tora

Definitely check out Duck Tour
-American food - Prudential and Seaport has a few very good and top notch restaurants

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 09:30:22 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Boston's Chinatown is not known for its, well, being good.

Stick to seafood. Legal is a chain, but reliable.

Okay, I'm going to share a secret with you. The best lunch place in Boston is a little kebob stand   about 100 yards from the Bill Russell statue in Government Center. It's called Karo's BBQ and is right across State Street from the Boston Massacre site. Get the pita pocket sandwich.

Mike

i'll second that too as I work across the street from Gov Center

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 09:42:07 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Mystral Restaurant on border of South End has steak a mashed potato pizza-strips of fillet drizzled with oil on a thin smearing of mash on a fantastic base-couldn't believe that was a specialty but it was-

Oh, yup, forgot about Sam's. Definitely.

If you're in the Kenmore area (Fenway Park), Eastern Standard is also excellent. It's at the base of the Commonwealth Hotel.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I would second this.

Also, Union Oyster House is historic and is known for its chowder.  It's not necessarily my favorite (I'm a heathen who prefers most of his seafood fried), but a lot of people I know rave about it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Not going to lie, I first read this as "Lilliard goes to Boston" and I was like "WHAT?!?"

Anyways, honestly everyone here has pretty much covered it. I'd add Back Bay is a great area to take in the views and for lots of shopping/dining places. Prudential Center is amazing too and there is a mall with many great stores and eating places too. Park Street (via MBTA) is nice if you want to sort of sit in the grassy park to take in the surroundings and just relax.

If you do go to Chinatown, you could go to the nearest hospital there which is where I start working real soon  ;)

And you ABSOLUTELY have to go to one of the 209 Dunkin Donuts that are located in the city of Boston  :laugh: (I think as of 2016, it was 209 the tour guide said... I know b/c when some relatives came over from abroad we took them on a Duck Tour that year, and in 2013 I went on a school field trip and back then it was like 189).

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller