Author Topic: LilRip goes to Boston!  (Read 5357 times)

LilRip goes to Boston!
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:41:39 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
So I’ve been on these boards for a bit (not always the most active but I try) and I was hoping to seek advice from my fellow CB-ers!

On June 17th-20th, I’ll be making my first extended trip in Boston. I’ve passed by before (made a quick stop to the Garden to watch a game), but I’ve never actually ever stayed in the city. So staying there for 4 days and 3 nights, what should I do or check out?

I definitely wanna go to the Garden again. Buy some merchandise and stuff. I’m also thinking of riding the Hop on Hop off (though I don’t know where to hop on and hop off). Looking forward to eating some clam chowder too.

Any other ideas though would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance! Super excited to finally go to Boston! :)

- LilRip

Re: LilRip goes to Boston!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 10:57:49 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I hear you asking me to come with, and I accept your invitation.  This will be a great trip!

Fellow CBers, please advise LilRip and me!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:01:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
depends what you want to do

1. Seaport is one place i recommend especially now they are building lots of new attraction there. King's bowling is new and is kind of nice (it's more of a bar than anything), and if you walk a bit further down by Del Fresco's, beautiful view, also lots of bars and restaurants

2. Go to Cambridge, visit Harvard, literally lots to do.

3. Prudential/Backbay area, you can pay to go on Duck Boat tours to go around Boston, and you'll also get to go on the Charles as well

4. I'm usually a sucker for museums wherever I go so if you've never been, and also like that kind of stuff, Museum of Fine Arts is another destination i recommend.

5. Not to sound bias since I'm Asian but have you thought about food in Chinatown :D lol

6. Fenway! even if you're not watching the Sox, that area is still nice to walk around, plenty of bars!

7. Quincy Market / faneuil hall also close to the North End and some other historical sites! 

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 11:09:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Duck Tours; top of the Pru; Black Rose; the Aquarium; Freedom Trail; USS Constitution; Anna’s Taqueria; walk down Newbury Street; The Fours; Cask and Flagon; Grill 23; the North End; Mike’s Pastry

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:11:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I hear you asking me to come with, and I accept your invitation.  This will be a great trip!

Not going to lie - just going by the thread title I thought that LilRip was a rapper and someone was going to ask about getting tickets, lol ;D.

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 11:17:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
Duck Tours; top of the Pru; Black Rose; the Aquarium; Freedom Trail; USS Constitution; Anna’s Taqueria; walk down Newbury Street; The Fours; Cask and Flagon; Grill 23; the North End; Mike’s Pastry

Does the Black Rose still have that chicken pot pie served in a little loaf of bread? My Brother tells me they've changed it up but still excellent. I hardly ever go downtown any more but he works down there.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:42:46 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Food
Chinatown:
Hot Pot Buffet
Kung Fu Tea
Gourmet Dumpling House

Back Bay:
Erbaluce (North End Italian food is overrated, go here)

Near the Garden:
West End Johnny's
The Red Hat

Downtown Crossing:
Falafel King

Seaport:
Harpoon Brewery

If you have time take the train or ferry to Salem, MA.
Gulu Gulu
Opus
Ledger
Notch Brewery
Turner's Seafood
BrewBox (coffee)
Far From the Tree Cidery
Bit Bar (retro videogame bar)
Goodnight Fatty's (secret alleyway pop up cookie bakery)

DM me if you want more food/beer suggestions. I know em all.

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 11:50:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Food
Chinatown:
Hot Pot Buffet
Kung Fu Tea
Gourmet Dumpling House

Back Bay:

Near the Garden:
West End Johnny's
The Red Hat

Downtown Crossing:
Falafel King

Seaport:
Harpoon Brewery

Gulu Gulu
Opus
Ledger
Notch Brewery
Turner's Seafood
BrewBox (coffee)
Far From the Tree Cidery

What, no Chipotle and/or B. Good? ;) ;D

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 11:53:21 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Food
Chinatown:
Hot Pot Buffet
Kung Fu Tea
Gourmet Dumpling House

Back Bay:

Near the Garden:
West End Johnny's
The Red Hat

Downtown Crossing:
Falafel King

Seaport:
Harpoon Brewery

Gulu Gulu
Opus
Ledger
Notch Brewery
Turner's Seafood
BrewBox (coffee)
Far From the Tree Cidery

I know you're being sarcastic, but the best Mexican and burger places in MA are both in Beverly. La Victoria and Fibber McGee's  :P

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Food
Chinatown:
Hot Pot Buffet
Kung Fu Tea
Gourmet Dumpling House

Back Bay:

Near the Garden:
West End Johnny's
The Red Hat

Downtown Crossing:
Falafel King

Seaport:
Harpoon Brewery

Gulu Gulu
Opus
Ledger
Notch Brewery
Turner's Seafood
BrewBox (coffee)
Far From the Tree Cidery

I know you're being sarcastic, but the best Mexican and burger places in MA are both in Beverly. La Victoria and Fibber McGee's  :P

You got me ;D.

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:07 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

Not going to lie - just going by the thread title I thought that LilRip was a rapper and someone was going to ask about getting tickets, lol ;D.

Lol sorry for disappointing you  :P

- LilRip

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:40 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas

Haha will you be visiting Boston around the same time too?
- LilRip

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 02:47:53 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
TPs to those who suggested. I will check those out! The duck tours sound interesting too.

Question about Chinatown and Chinese food in general: since I’m an Asian living in Asia who already regularly eats Asian food...is it worth going to China town? Or should I focus more on American type food or like bars/grilled stuff, etc.? (Where is Ainge’s chipotle? Lol)
- LilRip

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 02:59:42 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Lol sorry for disappointing you  :P

Not at all :).

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 07:37:39 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
TPs to those who suggested. I will check those out! The duck tours sound interesting too.

Question about Chinatown and Chinese food in general: since I’m an Asian living in Asia who already regularly eats Asian food...is it worth going to China town? Or should I focus more on American type food or like bars/grilled stuff, etc.? (Where is Ainge’s chipotle? Lol)

Ainge's Chipotle is in Waltham, MA. It's about 15-20 min northwest of the city. Although the new practice facility opens up on the 19th so he's probably going to have to find a new one lol. Chinatown is "historic" but it would probably be repetitive for you. Unless you're feeling homesick, you could probably skip it. I would try and hit Harpoon and Sam Adams breweries if you wanna do the drinking thing. Their tours are really fun. If you want to do super touristy stuff, eat at Faneuil Hall. It's not super high quality food, but it's fun. Hard Rock Cafe and shopping are also right at Faneuil Hall. Like other's said, Duck Boat tours are fun. As mentioned, Mike's Pastry is another super touristy hot spot. I would go check out Downtown Crossing, the State House, and the Boston Common (they are all right next to each other and a few min walk from Faneuil Hall). You could also go to Boston Public Garden (across from the Common) and go in a Swan Boat (different then a Duck Boat!) The Red Sox are unfortunately away those days, but you could still go to Causeway street and get a pic in front of Fenway. There is also these night time ghost tours that are actually wicked fun. They take you around to all the historic graveyards at night. The Museum of Fine Arts is amazing and one of my favorites. Do you have kids? The Museum of Science would be good for families. Make sure you get a pic in front of the "Old State House." For entertainment, House of Blues, The Wilber, and The Middle East Downstairs, all have good shows. Laugh Boston is a wicked fun. And you should def check out West End Johnny's if you want the "Boston" experience. The amount of sports memorabilia in that joint is insane. It's right near TD Garden and the food is wicked good. I still highly recommend taking a ferry to Salem, MA and doing the Pirate, Witch, and Peabody Essex museums. Coffee, food and breweries there are unreal. Bit Bar if one of my favorite places ever. Downtown Salem is just wicked fun in general.